Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple put a Christmas tree in all 52 rooms

Still Waters

A family has adorned each of their Down Abbey-style country mansion's 52 rooms with a lavishly decorated Christmas tree... and it's taken a whole month.

Paul Humpherston, 67, and his wife Victoria, 63, who own Abbey Cwm-Hir Hall have filled all their drawing rooms, bedrooms and even toilets with beautifully decorated trees to celebrate the festive season.

And to do so, they had to close the Grade II* listed Abbey for an entire month to decorate each room in line with its own theme.

http://www.dailymail...HR-manager.html

• Like 2

Merry Christmas Mr. and Mrs. Humpherston ! . . Beautiful House you have.

• Like 2

Wow, that's a lot of Christmas trees! I was kind of hoping to see what they put up in the bathrooms, lol. And man, can you imagine how much storage space all that stuff takes up when it's not Christmas time?

• Like 2

Gorgeous!!! I'm jealous...

• Like 1

Why? Isn't one enough for you people?

• Like 4

I have seven... :blush:

I can tell you where every single ornament came from. Two of the trees and many decorations were given to me by dear friends after his mother passed away. Most people I know, who are getting rid of any unwanted Christmas decorations offer them to me first.

• Like 2

Yes. One forest! :)

I like it. Would love to see it through 5yr-old eyes.

• Like 3

I hope they don't have a forest fire

• Like 1

Overkill? As long they actually junk the trees afterwards for firewood, then it's all good. Otherwise, that's quite a waste of trees.

Overkill? As long they actually junk the trees afterwards for firewood, then it's all good. Otherwise, that's quite a waste of trees.

They are all artificial...

Am I the only one that thinks they could have put that time, and money into helping others?

Am I the only one that thinks they could have put that time, and money into helping others?

You don't know if they donate time and money or not. I decorate and cook extensively and have dozens of people over Christmas Day who otherwise would spend it alone. Lots of people don't have family and think they would be intruding on friends during the holidays.

• Like 1

Is that Hyacinth Bucket....(pronounced 'Bouquet')?............

(Probably only Brits will get that)

• Like 1

aaaah here..some people have too much time on their hands... it was a struggle for me to put up one.. good luck to them taking them all back down.. maybe they will hire someone else to do that for them... :P