Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paralysis Nightmare

SugarSparkle

I rarely have nightmares, but the other night I had one that was very intense and disturbing. In my dream, I was at a hotel with some friends but we quickly realized something was wrong. There was this overwhelmingly negative presence in the room, and it was rather disorienting. It made some of us feel ill. One of my friends got out of there quick and got a room at another hotel. I went with her and things seemed fine, so I decided to drive back and get the guys. But one of them had started wandering off down the road. It was dark and I couldn't see him well. I tried calling after him, saying we got another room. I tried texting him the directions, but he didn't answer... he was just gone. I went into the hotel room and everything felt much worse. My remaining friend was laying in bed feeling very sick. Everything felt hazy and confusing, and very negative... like this ambient feeling of jealousy or bitter resentment. I tried shaking my friend so he'd come to, but he was too out of it and just laid there on the bed almost feverish. Then the vibe changed a bit and the entity that had been plaguing us revealed itself. It was female, and said something briefly almost in a whisper. I stood up and remember for a split second a black shadowy mass rushed at me. It wasn't quite human shaped by looked to almost have out-spread 'limbs'. I clearly felt it hit my chest, and I 'woke up' in a panic.... but I wasn't totally awake for a few seconds. My heart was racing, and the negative feeling and sensation of impact to my chest were still there. I felt like either the room was spinning or my head was. I noticed, just at the edge of my peripheral vision, a small white featureless human-like figure was side-stepping next to my pillow and around to the head of my bed (I have a futon and the side of it above my pillow isn't against anything). I felt like I was flailing at it and tried desperately moving my head but for a few moments I couldn't move. Then it was all over, and I was fully awake. I noticed I was mostly on my back with my head awkwardly tilted back slightly, mouth open.

This was terrifying. I got over it pretty quickly, but still... thinking about it really creeps me out. I've heard quite a few stories about all this. About the paralysis, and seeing shadowy figures, etc. But seeing a small white figure moving around my bed and hearing that giggling like it was coming right out of my dream and into reality.... Very unnerving, and unexpected. I've really only had one other experience like this, last year, but it made more sense then and was much different. This though... I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Probably typical of this kind of thing but thought I'd share anyway.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissJatti

• mr3rdrock

• jamesjr191

• SugarSparkle

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Land of Sleep Paralysis! In my experience it can range from terrifying to uniquely interesting. :w00t:

Hello and welcome to UM

This experience is quite natural and many many people do have them, be it once or many times.

It seems all to real, but the mind makes it more scary than it really is. We are still to discover what this experience really is.

In my experiences it feels like I been abducted and they strapped me tightly on an table. And something heavy been placed on my chest.

Is it the brain playing tricks on us? Or is it the paranormal trying to hurt us?

But by what I read, that this experience is not dangerous at all.

I used to have sleep paralysis about every morning when I woke up, at least every other day. The past few months its gone down to about once every other week. I believe that in my case it was definitely stress induced.

I would have strange experiences leading from weird, terrifying, completely bizarre, and some made me feel like I should be locked up in a mental institution.

They had nothing to do with the paranormal in my case. I think that holds true for 99.9999999% of the cases out there, I could be wrong though.

Evaluate your sleeping patterns and the stress in your life. If it happens again try to note if you ate anything you normally wouldn't before bed, is something really on your mind that's bothering you, are you just getting tired and worn down from work or school, and if your sleep has been up to par the nights leading up to that experience.

Terrifying!

I remember being frozen in this state while right next to someone and not being able to scream or move or do anything to get noticed in my state of panic. Meanwhile someone or something seemily stands nearby observing and perhaps even causing my predictiment. Grrrrr

I used to have sleep paralysis about every morning when I woke up, at least every other day. The past few months its gone down to about once every other week. I believe that in my case it was definitely stress induced.

I would have strange experiences leading from weird, terrifying, completely bizarre, and some made me feel like I should be locked up in a mental institution.

They had nothing to do with the paranormal in my case. I think that holds true for 99.9999999% of the cases out there, I could be wrong though.

Evaluate your sleeping patterns and the stress in your life. If it happens again try to note if you ate anything you normally wouldn't before bed, is something really on your mind that's bothering you, are you just getting tired and worn down from work or school, and if your sleep has been up to par the nights leading up to that experience.

You can learn to astral project through those sleep paralysis experience. It's actually pretty easy if you get SP a lot

I used to have sleep paralysis before, like, almost every night. So then, I started drinking at least 2 glasses of water before I sleep. I don't know if it really works but it worked for me. I haven't had any sleep paralysis for the past year.