Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Syria civil war start a new cold war?

Mr.United_Nations

Through out the past year Syrian people have been protesting against Assad which they wanted to him to change and step down, however forward that today thousands have died and fled on both sides. Now comes a new horror that Syria will use Chemical weapons against foreign interventions or feels threatened. Now Israel has said it will consider a plan if Israel is attacked, and again another uneasy report that is Iran will use force if foreign countries or organisations intervening in the crisis including Arab nations.

Go back to 1991 Iraq launched scud attacks in Israel and Saudi Arabia, however none contained any chemicals much to the relief of everyone. Now Sryia has scuds and could launch at anyone. With apparent backing of Iran, China and Russia and the rebels backing with the West, could it turn ugly or is this a war if words.

What is your opinion?

• Like 2

Nice topic.

I wouldnt rule it out, it seems to me and most people i know that its gearing up for something!

could be grim, only time will tell

Thanks,

I think China, Russia, and the West do too much business with each other to start fighting over Syria.

Well Russia has already told Syria to "not even think about using Chem weapons." At this point the Russians are in the position that they are becoming increasingly concerned over Assads desperation and capability to do ANYTHING to stay in power. But to not continue with the treaties they made to Syria would be seen as an a diplomatic sign of weakness. So at this point they most likely just try to position themselves into the role of a Neutral observer.

When religion runs a country theres not much telling what they will do. Syria's civil war could very well develop into a war involving others in the region which will be bad for everyone. Sometimes I think Iran would like nothing better.

I don't see Russia, China and the US going at it over this. We do way too much business with each other. Plus I think the Russians are starting to get their fill of the brutality in Syria.

Good topic. I think the danger exists primarily from Assad's desperation as he is going down. The flash point will be centered on Israel I think. If Assad tries to hand over any chem/bio to Hezballah or if any al Queda types on the rebel side try to steal from his stores the Israelis will launch. People often forget just how massive a military Israel has in it's own right. Assad would quickly start launching WMD at Israel and maybe Turkey and Jordan as well if Israel were to attack. I'm no military scholar but I do not think Israel could afford to fight a non conventional attack from anyone using only conventional weapons. If we awoke tomorrow to the news that tens of thousands of Israelis in Tel Aviv or Haifa were dead or dying of sarin or vx then I believe Israel would simply incinerate Damascus to make it stop quickly and deal with the repercussions when they had to. YES this has the potential to be the beginning of something horrific but I think it would still be restricted to the region only....for now.

• Like 2

I think you are right about if the Israelis are attacked they would nuke Damascus or whoever attacked them like Iran.

• Like 1

Well Iran seems to side with the Syrian government they are sending.....electricity lol

Well Iran seems to side with the Syrian government they are sending.....electricity lol

electricity ? man they're sending them troops , guns , and spying devices to end the rebels

the whole world is siding with the goverment and those who don't side with it

they eaither silent or yapping without any real intention of action

electricity ? man they're sending them troops , guns , and spying devices to end the rebels

the whole world is siding with the goverment and those who don't side with it

they eaither silent or yapping without any real intention of action

Couple of point's KoS..... If America tried to send troops or planes the rebels AND the government would shoot at us. If we supply weapons and information that helps the rebels and the rebels turn out to be worse than Assad, we'd get blamed by everyone for interfering. Our "client" in the area is Israel... no matter which side wins, Israel loses. And BTW, if Assad decides to turn everyone's attention away from Syria by attacking Israel with chemical weapons the Israel probably uses nukes against him and Syria. So it's not just a bad situation for the Syrians, it's pretty damned serious for the whole world. You've said yourself that no matter what happens the Alawites are "going to pay" for the crimes they committed. And I agree that they should. But how does that ever lead to peace? I believe that Damascus is going to be destroyed in a nuclear strike by Israel - soon. I guess the city will be peaceful enough then....

the points are not vaild because you misunderstood me

i don't ask for any western country to send anything to help

we will take care of our country and free it without any interfernce that grant the west gratitude over us

i am merely naming things as they are to notice that no one had helped us

and that what we accomplish we would do it " by our hands "

as to israel using nukes .. you know as well as i do israel would never do that

you forgot that countries are no longer ruled by dictators

so should israel act foolish enough to attack syria with nukes i think it will cease to exist

however on another level our gov is too coward to use bio against israel

because they still clinging to their power .. and using that they know they'd never regain power ever again

after all .israel was their first ally for long time

ps : mark my words .. when rebels win and free syria the west THEN will try to interfer under excuse

of guarding the bio or chemical weapons or what so ever

but main point they will interfer " after " things are over

only then we'll consider them the enemies as well

the points are not vaild because you misunderstood me

i don't ask for any western country to send anything to help

we will take care of our country and free it without any interfernce that grant the west gratitude over us

i am merely naming things as they are to notice that no one had helped us

and that what we accomplish we would do it " by our hands "

as to israel using nukes .. you know as well as i do israel would never do that

you forgot that countries are no longer ruled by dictators

so should israel act foolish enough to attack syria with nukes i think it will cease to exist

however on another level our gov is too coward to use bio against israel

because they still clinging to their power .. and using that they know they'd never regain power ever again

after all .israel was their first ally for long time

ps : mark my words .. when rebels win and free syria the west THEN will try to interfer under excuse

of guarding the bio or chemical weapons or what so ever

but main point they will interfer " after " things are over

only then we'll consider them the enemies as well

But you see, that's the point. Those weapons being taken over by a DISORGANIZED group that could pass them over to any terror group and once they have been "lost" they could turn up anywhere without the ability to trace. So, YEAH, the west will come after them. You know that I am against what is happening to the innocents in your country. But those weapons would be used against others in other countries, maybe even my own, if Al Queda, Hezbollah or others got a hand on them. Chemical and Bio weapons are HORRIFIC. Have you seen the pictures of when Saddam used them on the Kurds? If the west destroys them at sites in Syria it will make a mess that will take years to clean up, if ever. The only other option is to destroy the means of transporting them or to actually send in troops to secure them. No very good options exist.
  • Like 1

But you see, that's the point. Those weapons being taken over by a DISORGANIZED group that could pass them over to any terror group and once they have been "lost" they could turn up anywhere without the ability to trace. So, YEAH, the west will come after them. You know that I am against what is happening to the innocents in your country. But those weapons would be used against others in other countries, maybe even my own, if Al Queda, Hezbollah or others got a hand on them. Chemical and Bio weapons are HORRIFIC. Have you seen the pictures of when Saddam used them on the Kurds? If the west destroys them at sites in Syria it will make a mess that will take years to clean up, if ever. The only other option is to destroy the means of transporting them or to actually send in troops to secure them. No very good options exist.

see that's what they'll tell the public and you people will fall for it easily

but where were they when we were getting killed ? that's right they never cared

am telling you really i think if the west tried to interfer " after " the system fall down

we will fight them off till the last drop of blood

when the regiem fall down and the weapons are seized by the same army who used to have them

only different this army used to be under command of gov .. but not anymore

so they are not disorganized groups

but i was merely telling you the excuse the west going to give to interfer after it's all over

the real intention is to steal our weapons " which we own rightfully to self defense since israel got nuclear "

and the other reason is to plant their next " bad seed dictator " here

like they did in iraq .. but alas not even in their dreams

we will fight even till the last breath if the west ever thought of riding on our revolution

see that's what they'll tell the public and you people will fall for it easily

but where were they when we were getting killed ? that's right they never cared

am telling you really i think if the west tried to interfer " after " the system fall down

we will fight them off till the last drop of blood

when the regiem fall down and the weapons are seized by the same army who used to have them

only different this army used to be under command of gov .. but not anymore

so they are not disorganized groups

but i was merely telling you the excuse the west going to give to interfer after it's all over

the real intention is to steal our weapons " which we own rightfully to self defense since israel got nuclear "

and the other reason is to plant their next " bad seed dictator " here

like they did in iraq .. but alas not even in their dreams

we will fight even till the last breath if the west ever thought of riding on our revolution

We are being told that Al Queda is well represented within the rebels. No one seems sure WHO is in charge and that even among the rebels there is no clear leader. I'm pretty sure that the reason Obama hasn't already involved the US is because he knows that once those weapons get used, it's ON..... And that means Russia could get involved too. No offense to you KoS but your country has nothing the west needs. There is almost no oil, the war has caused so much thirst for revenge between different groups there that an ongoing civil war is almost guaranteed no matter WHO wins. If it weren't for the potential danger of Israel becoming involved and causing a wider war in the region the US probably wouldn't be involved at all. I will admit that if Russia were not involved the west might meddle there as a way to weaken Iran. But no one is going to risk the chance for an "accidental" nuclear war over who owns Syria.

I think it reeks of BS.

The moment I heard on an American news site "Syria has Chemical and biological WMD's".... I was like "Ah here we go again".... "Where are the ones from Iraq?"

I have a question.... Why does the US give Israel a load of money each year and why do we constantly have to help them? What do we get in return? Kinda confused by this and nobody seems to ask it?

In Israel they kill and torture civilians every single day.... Yet we throw money at them and are strong allies with them. But most other countries who kills and tortures civillians we go flying in there like "superheroes" or "freedom fighters"... lol

I think it reeks of BS.

The moment I heard on an American news site "Syria has Chemical and biological WMD's".... I was like "Ah here we go again".... "Where are the ones from Iraq?"

I have a question.... Why does the US give Israel a load of money each year and why do we constantly have to help them? What do we get in return? Kinda confused by this and nobody seems to ask it?

In Israel they kill and torture civilians every single day.... Yet we throw money at them and are strong allies with them. But most other countries who kills and tortures civillians we go flying in there like "superheroes" or "freedom fighters"... lol

No one is saying Israel needs help.

Please this is about Syria's problems not Israel's...yet

No one is saying Israel needs help.

Please this is about Syria's problems not Israel's...yet

Ok sorry I went off otpic with Isreal but I would like it answered.

You know damn fine Isreal will be involved. (love the fact you said "yet" lol) I'm sure I read they have been already though.

Well Israel can only get involved if Iran supplies weapons to Syria.

Chemical weapons have been admitted by the Syrian government and one with the advanced in that technology.

• Like 1

Well Israel can only get involved if Iran supplies weapons to Syria.

Chemical weapons have been admitted by the Syrian government and one with the advanced in that technology.

I just searched to see how they obtained these chemical WMD's... All I am getting is that theories that it was form Iran or N.Korea and a conspiracy theory it was from Saddam...

How come there is no actual answer? You don't just magically have WMD's without a source.

The Rebels are asking the West to help

no they're only asking for no fly zone so the fight can be fair

but even without it .. we don't need the west

We are being told that Al Queda is well represented within the rebels. No one seems sure WHO is in charge and that even among the rebels there is no clear leader. I'm pretty sure that the reason Obama hasn't already involved the US is because he knows that once those weapons get used, it's ON..... And that means Russia could get involved too. No offense to you KoS but your country has nothing the west needs. There is almost no oil, the war has caused so much thirst for revenge between different groups there that an ongoing civil war is almost guaranteed no matter WHO wins. If it weren't for the potential danger of Israel becoming involved and causing a wider war in the region the US probably wouldn't be involved at all. I will admit that if Russia were not involved the west might meddle there as a way to weaken Iran. But no one is going to risk the chance for an "accidental" nuclear war over who owns Syria.

ohh really .. i bet you don't reliaze that if syria let qatar gas exported to europe

the russian gas will go downhill and no one will buy it no more

since qatar oil is less expensive to extract and more easy therefore cheaper

than russian gas therfore russian gas .. bye bye

am sure your goverments keeps telling you quada and stuff as excuse not to do their duty

toward a country that IS part of UN

the free army is orgarnized .. it's formed by the original army defects got experince

and few volunteers chosen carefully

and it's all about israel isn't ? the west all it cares about israel

well they better hope israel doesn't stick it's nose in our country to save this corrupted system

but like i said really .. and then we never really expected the west to help

they're punch of double standards countries who care about nothing but oil and greed .. or gas

we never really care if they help or not

in case you haven't noticed we are fighting russia , china , iran , hezboallah , syrian army , iraqis shiites mercenries

and the west as it keeps covering up for the regim despite the loud statements .. no action

however in any case we don't care about the west

even if the whole world decided to fight us and stand on the system side

we're gonna take our freedom with a boot on all of their noses

I just searched to see how they obtained these chemical WMD's... All I am getting is that theories that it was form Iran or N.Korea and a conspiracy theory it was from Saddam...

How come there is no actual answer? You don't just magically have WMD's without a source.

Syria developed them I think

no they're only asking for no fly zone so the fight can be fair

but even without it .. we don't need the west

Also weapons this was this morning

Syria developed them I think

Also weapons this was this morning

not for free they want to " buy " weapons

however i think the arabic countries beside turkey would do more than enough in that area

after all they need anti-aircraft weapons because the system using aircraft to bomb civilian filled places

not for free they want to " buy " weapons

however i think the arabic countries beside turkey would do more than enough in that area

after all they need anti-aircraft weapons because the system using aircraft to bomb civilian filled places

Well turkey wants to set up a safe zone inside Syria, however I think Iran and Russia would think the West would act illegal