Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rise in sham marriages to beat UK immigration

Still Waters

The number of suspected sham marriages by illegal immigrants has leapt by more than half in the past year.

Home Office figures for 2009 show a 54% jump, with 529 suspected cases reported by registrars in England and Wales.

The leap comes after the Law Lords overturned a government scheme designed to stop illegal immigrants marrying.

Registrars have told the BBC that marriage rackets are using Eastern European brides to provide other migrants with a toehold in the UK.

The scale of the problem has been highlighted in a special BBC investigation in which a reporter posed as an illegal immigrant - and quickly found people offering to help him marry.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• The Silver Thong

• stevewinn

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to put a stop to this. the quicker we get rid of labour and vote in some centre right politicians the better.

Unbelieviable it happens in this country... :no:

well not really but it's so easily stoppable..

Love is stronger than the governments :sk

It takes time for that love to turn into dissension ;)

It takes time for that love to turn into dissension ;)

But one thing is still positive, as it is sure more of those who want into EU than the vacant brides in Eastern Europe :D

But one thing is still positive, as it is sure more of those who want into EU than the vacant brides in Eastern Europe :D

I would be so dead with an Eastern European bride. I bet it would be a wild ride, for me anyway :lol:

I would be so dead with an Eastern European bride. I bet it would be a wild ride, for me anyway :lol:

first you would have to sell your shares in the tar sands :D

first you would have to sell your shares in the tar sands :D

Shhhhhh we call it the oil sands, god damn it I just gave it up :w00t: All the beauty in the world can be free or it can come with a price. It just depends on how much you have to gamble with.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Shhhhhh we call it the oil sands, god damn it I just gave it up :w00t: All the beauty in the world can be free or it can come with a price. It just depends on how much you have to gamble with.

It was always my understanding that from Eastern Europe beauty only comes at a price, unless of course you are dealing with some oligarch's daughter. I bet in order to pay for such marriage as mentioned a fiancé must be either an experienced drug dealer or a Somalian pirate. I wish to see how many Somalians a year marry to get to EU, maybe very soon the piracy would extinct by itself as they all would be in UK already... :)