Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Demons, what are they?

fallen angels demons angels

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#151    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 30 March 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

You can't really limit other dimensions to reflect your own comfort zone. I think that's how most horror movies begin: everything seems great...then what the hell is that!

How am i doing that?

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#152    LocalLegend

LocalLegend

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• "So many cases I have known
    Of men who, though not naturally rogues,
    Became so, through misfortune, by constraint"
    -Menander

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

The beings of "Spirit" are conscious fields of electricity. They were created when the big bang happened, directly. Some, have the creatures of this dimensions best interests in mind; what could be called Angels, some do not, what could be called Demons; others have only the plants in mind; what the Wiccans and Druids call Spirits--they were created indirectly by whatever force created the Universe.  
This is, of course, from my own understanding of the topic insofar as I have experienced it. I am of the belief that their corporeal forms exists in other worlds of the Multiverse.

#153    LocalLegend

LocalLegend

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• "So many cases I have known
    Of men who, though not naturally rogues,
    Became so, through misfortune, by constraint"
    -Menander

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

In other words, Demons are creatures that are immortal and are able to transcend the fabric of dimension space and time of this universe. They just do not have this realities best interests in mind. They were in the beginning, but not before the One who preceded everything; Call it God if you wish.

Edited by LocalLegend, 01 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#154    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,785 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 01 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

What they were viewed as and what they are in fact are, are two completely different things. Again I'm talking facts sweetie, not views and/or beliefs. Do you know what's facts are?

The facts are that we die, and a part of us doesn't. Call it the spirit, or call it a standing holographic wave pattern that is our consciousness. Then there are other conscious beings who may or may never have had a body and they don't like us very much.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#155    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hi Jor-el,

Hope you have a had a good Easter!

Interesting topic Jor-el. Just wondering from what you are saying that the 'fallen Angel's' aren't Demons, then what in your opinion is their role?

Matthew 25:41

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#156    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Demons run when a good man goes to war.
All i know about demons :whistle:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#157    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,785 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 01 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hi Jor-el,

Hope you have a had a good Easter!

Interesting topic Jor-el. Just wondering from what you are saying that the 'fallen Angel's' aren't Demons, then what in your opinion is their role?

Matthew 25:41

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

A good quote that says alot if looked at carefully.

Notice right off that neither are called demons, but that does not make these angels any less evil in Gods sight, hence the biblical expression, fallen angels.

If we had to do it another way, we could substitute demon and angel for another two words, like dolphin and whale. Each is a separate species and neither can become the other.. that doesn't mean they aren't both cetaceans.

The difference is not merely one of species I think but also of order. Demons are the interactors (with humans) but they are ruled by a higher order called principalities and another called powers.

Essentially these words allow us to form a toporaphy (map of the terrain) of a region. Just like our world has nations and Empires, so does the spirtual world, some beholden to others, some seemingly all powerful... Principalities refers to a region of influence or dominion on Earth.

Daniel 10:20-21

20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

Each nation or at least region has a prince in charge of that region, the region itself is called a principality, above this order of principalities, we have Powers who rule groups of principalities and above them all we have Satan.

The bible initially divides the entire world into 70 nations, or principalites (regions). In ancient times, these would typically be grouped into regions inhabited by specific tribes or ethnicities and does not have much to do with our concept of nations as we have it today.

So what are these fallen angels, they are the powers and the principalites of the spiritual realm. The rulers, not the footsoldiers.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#158    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostJor-el, on 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

A good quote that says alot if looked at carefully.

Notice right off that neither are called demons, but that does not make these angels any less evil in Gods sight, hence the biblical expression, fallen angels.

If we had to do it another way, we could substitute demon and angel for another two words, like dolphin and whale. Each is a separate species and neither can become the other.. that doesn't mean they aren't both cetaceans.

The difference is not merely one of species I think but also of order. Demons are the interactors (with humans) but they are ruled by a higher order called principalities and another called powers.

Essentially these words allow us to form a toporaphy (map of the terrain) of a region. Just like our world has nations and Empires, so does the spirtual world, some beholden to others, some seemingly all powerful... Principalities refers to a region of influence or dominion on Earth.

Daniel 10:20-21

20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? But now I will return to fight against the prince of Persia; and when I go out, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

Each nation or at least region has a prince in charge of that region, the region itself is called a principality, above this order of principalities, we have Powers who rule groups of principalities and above them all we have Satan.

The bible initially divides the entire world into 70 nations, or principalites (regions). In ancient times, these would typically be grouped into regions inhabited by specific tribes or ethnicities and does not have much to do with our concept of nations as we have it today.

So what are these fallen angels, they are the powers and the principalites of the spiritual realm. The rulers, not the footsoldiers.

Thanks Jor-el, that's very interesting. Just curious to what you would consider to be an evil spirit in the Bible? Would you say it is a Demon?

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#159    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostJor-el, on 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

My gut feeling tells me the devil doesn't know about his fate. I think God blinded him. Why do you think God didn't destroy them in the book of Revelation? "They will be tormented day and night forever and ever".

Man plans and God laughs.

#160    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Well behaved women rarely make history.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostJor-el, on 01 April 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

The facts are that we die, and a part of us doesn't. Call it the spirit, or call it a standing holographic wave pattern that is our consciousness. Then there are other conscious beings who may or may never have had a body and they don't like us very much.

I agree, it is a fact that we die.

#161    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,785 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 01 April 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Thanks Jor-el, that's very interesting. Just curious to what you would consider to be an evil spirit in the Bible? Would you say it is a Demon?

Yes, I could classify it as that, although some opinions might differ. Footsoldiers do the hard work.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#162    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,785 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 01 April 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

My gut feeling tells me the devil doesn't know about his fate. I think God blinded him. Why do you think God didn't destroy them in the book of Revelation? "They will be tormented day and night forever and ever".

Oh I believe he does, I would say that he was deluded until up until the crucifixion of Jesus. At that time his fate was sealed with the resurrection and that is when he found out.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#163    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,785 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I agree, it is a fact that we die.

I have another thread called "Does the Spirit world exist?" I'm sure there you will find a number of people there who would categorically disagree with you on that being the only fact.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#164    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostJor-el, on 01 April 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Oh I believe he does, I would say that he was deluded until up until the crucifixion of Jesus. At that time his fate was sealed with the resurrection and that is when he found out.
Let's say you're right. What do you think he's doing to bypass his fate?

Man plans and God laughs.

#165    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,785 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 01 April 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Let's say you're right. What do you think he's doing to bypass his fate?

Take as many of us as he can with him.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users