Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5716    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

So lets assume for a moment that our extra-planetary observers are using standing stones as guidance devices. It would mean that there would have to be similar devices across the globe.
North America - hmm ... not sure.
Peru and South America - Check.
PAcific Ocean (Easter Island) - Check.
Asia - Check.
UK - Checkedy-Check.
Europe - Check.
Australia .... wait a minute.

Add Ayers Rock to the list mate-
Posted Image

#5717    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postseeder, on 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

wasnt it Myles who stated 20 universities check the accuracy of Wiki?

What I always do before quoting from a Wiki page is checking their references.

Often I don't even quote from such a Wiki page, but from one of the references

#5718    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostCrikey, on 26 January 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Add Ayers Rock to the list mate-
Posted Image

You really think that is a 'standing stone'??

It's a big rock alright, but it's a natural rock.

Or else you could add Mount Everest.

#5719    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Anyway, it's called Uhuru now, isn't it?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5720    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Speaking of Ayers Rock, one researcher fearlessly speculates that it may be a huge alien mothership disguised as a rock-
http://wiki.alien-vi...=Ayers_rock_ufo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are even curious rock anomalies on the moon such as this one in the crater Tycho-

Tycho is 86 kms diameter...
Posted Image

and contains this central peak...
Posted Image

in which a boulder can be seen nestling in a depression on the summit like an egg in a nest...
Posted Image

a closeup of the boulder, it's 120 metres long
Posted Image

http://lroc.sese.asu...ectacular!.html

Edited by Crikey, 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#5721    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

The LROC images are truly amazing,... thanks for posting, Crikey.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#5722    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,550 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postseeder, on 26 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

wasnt it Myles who stated 20 universities check the accuracy of Wiki?

I said in my book, not Myles' book.

Overall I find Wiki to be helpful when I do use it, which is very infrequent.  I don't even have it bookmarked or favorite.

But there was an incident 15 years ago or more that I was familiar with at the time. 10 years later, reading on Wiki from a link somebody provided me revealed what I consider to be a spin on the story, with a little fudging on numbers.

So, the idea that just anybody can go in and edit has its upside, but also a downside possibility.  It seems easy for abuse to me.

#5723    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,266 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 January 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I said in my book, not Myles' book.

Overall I find Wiki to be helpful when I do use it, which is very infrequent.  I don't even have it bookmarked or favorite.

But there was an incident 15 years ago or more that I was familiar with at the time. 10 years later, reading on Wiki from a link somebody provided me revealed what I consider to be a spin on the story, with a little fudging on numbers.

So, the idea that just anybody can go in and edit has its upside, but also a downside possibility.  It seems easy for abuse to me.

It is, which is why the staff keeps track of and tries to verify edits and closely monitors hot-button topics. For a while, both the UFO and Bigfoot entries were locked due to editing wars between believers and skeptics.The puma punku entry actually got a fringe edit added and reversed by the staff while it was being referenced in the middle a discussion here on UM.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#5724    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostCrikey, on 26 January 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Add Ayers Rock Uluru to the list mate-
First of all, show some respect to the Indigenous People.
Secondly, if they use any rock as a mystical navigation aid, then why feel the need to make shapes out of them elsewhere?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5725    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

It is, which is why the staff keeps track of and tries to verify edits and closely monitors hot-button topics. For a while, both the UFO and Bigfoot entries were locked due to editing wars between believers and skeptics.The puma punku entry actually got a fringe edit added and reversed by the staff while it was being referenced in the middle a discussion here on UM.
see, wouldn't it save them so much time & effort if they dropped this "The Encylopedia Anyone can Edit" gimmick? It would surely enhance their reputation for reliability as well. Let anyone who wants to contribute articles, but verify them before putting them up & don't let other people mess about with them.
I'll suggest it to Jimmy Wales or whatever his name is.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5726    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Secondly, if they use any rock as a mystical navigation aid, then why feel the need to make shapes out of them elsewhere?
it's not any rock; it's got to be one that can focus the energy pattern of the earth. That's why granite is popular, on account of the quartz.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5727    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,266 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

see, wouldn't it save them so much time & effort if they dropped this "The Encylopedia Anyone can Edit" gimmick? It would surely enhance their reputation for reliability as well. Let anyone who wants to contribute articles, but verify them before putting them up & don't let other people mess about with them.
I'll suggest it to Jimmy Wales or whatever his name is.

I think the advantages from crowdsourcing outweigh the disadvantages. I daresay many of the subjects mentioned here probably wouldn't even have entries if someone hadn't seen fit to add them themselves. I've been tempted to add stuff myself, having seen quite a few things that were incomplete.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#5728    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,800 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 January 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

it's not any rock; it's got to be one that can focus the energy pattern of the earth. That's why granite is popular, on account of the quartz.
Well that rules out Uluru then - it's sandstone.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5729    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Well that rules out Uluru then - it's sandstone.
oh yes, like I said, it's not my theory, just what people say.
Sandstone might able to too, though, who knows.
:unsure2: :innocent:

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5730    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 January 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

1- yes you're right, the aborigines called it Uluru long before Ayers "discovered" it.
2- Today there are all sorts of navigation beacons in different shapes, sizes and colours, for example I can see a red/white striped one across the harbour from my window. Same with ancient stones, they're all different shapes and sizes.. :)

Edited by Crikey, 27 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.