Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats are evil!

Kassekoe99

My cat has always both come inside and went outside. He has recently developed FLUTD so he cannot be unattended while inside or I risk my belongings getting ruined. So here he is banging on the door to come in. I am in and out of the room at the moment so I decline his request. I can see my new tomato plants from where I sit. After he figures out I am not going to let him in he marches over to my plants and proceeds to destroy them. I guess I had wishful thinking when I told my son we would not call him Darth Vader like he wanted, but instead Anakin. Anyone else think cats are naughty on purpose?

• Like 6

My big cat used to stalk one of our little dogs, in front of me, if I didn't feed him as quickly as he thought I should.

He picked on only one, our sweetest little dog. He'd walk in ever smaller circles around her with his tail dragging on the floor. She would stand frozen in the middle.

I'd catch him and tell him to "Stand Down!" And he would immediately stop, sit and swat his tail on the floor. Until his slow-witted human got the picture. "I've yelled. I've jumped in your lap. I've shown you where the kitchen is. Now you leave me no choice but to resort to terrorist tactics. Feed me for Pete's sake or the chihuahua gets it!"

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 5

We used to have a large white cat. He learned that when he scratched at the front door, we would come running to stop him. He would then scratch at the door and when we came into sight, he would immediately run over to his food dish. As if to say "Well, as long as your up..."

Edited by Gaden
  • Like 3

Excuse me, are you saying you cat is sick and so you are making him stay outside. Is he being treated? You deserved to have you tomato plants destroyed.

My big cat used to stalk one of our little dogs, in front of me, if I didn't feed him as quickly as he thought I should.

He picked on only one, our sweetest little dog. He'd walk in ever smaller circles around her with his tail dragging on the floor. She would stand frozen in the middle.

I'd catch him and tell him to "Stand Down!" And he would immediately stop, sit and swat his tail on the floor. Until his slow-witted human got the picture. "I've yelled. I've jumped in your lap. I've shown you where the kitchen is. Now you leave me no choice but to resort to terrorist tactics. Feed me for Pete's sake or the chihuahua gets it!"

I got clawed by such a cat once - ONCE - and though I did not harm him, I never had another cat. Kittens are fun to be around and some cats can be sociable but by and large I find them to be annoying to be around. They truly do act as though you are only there for their needs. Maybe I just had a bad run with the critters but when I get pushed around by something I feed, I don't feed them long ;)

My cat has a condition that for the most part eludes veterinarians. Of course he is being treated. I love my cat. He is on a special diet, a supplement, an anti-inflammatory, and an analgesic when needed. He would only come inside to take naps to begin with so making him stay outside when I can't be in the room with him at all times isn't a punishment. Many owners euthanize their cats because of this condition but that is not an option for me. And since I'm sitting here not doing anything now, he is napping on top of his cat tree.

Edited by Kassekoe99
  • Like 2

I got clawed by such a cat once - ONCE - and though I did not harm him, I never had another cat. Kittens are fun to be around and some cats can be sociable but by and large I find them to be annoying to be around. They truly do act as though you are only there for their needs. Maybe I just had a bad run with the critters but when I get pushed around by something I feed, I don't feed them long ;)

I love cats. But we all have our own tolerance levels when it comes to animal behavior, and people behavior, for that matter. I've had many cats and hope to have more. Cats have widely varying personalities just like dogs. He was a tough stray, and I loved him and miss him. He was the only cat I've ever known who obeyed like a dog would. There are dog behaviors I wouldn't put up with. To each his/her own. :)

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 5

Well, let's see. We just added four more to our cat population a week or so ago when our beautiful calico finally dropped. We expected a dozen, as big as she got, but only four very big kittens. The other cats go over and sniff and she does her deep low growl and they go away. She doesn't do that to me and seems to really like it when I go over and pet her and her offspring.

We have dozens of cats and not quite so many dogs. The dogs stay on the first floor and in the yard (it's walled in) the cats prefer the upper floors and the roofs. We neuter our male animals but leave the females alone (in spite of the barrier created by the dogs, male cats find ways to get to our females when it's time. The dogs get along fine with cats who belong here but not others. Discouraging other intruders, especially rats, is the main job the dogs have and they take it seriously.

I enjoy watching animals and their reactions to each other and to the children (who of course don't understand being gentle although we teach it). No problems with scratches or things like that. The cats are patient but get away at the first chance.

Cats in Vietnam often have no tail, and seem to like to swim. A tailless dripping wet cat who has jumped in the carp pond just to cool off is a funny sight. Of course I suspect sometimes they do it just to get the good toweling that they know will follow.

I have two cats, Blitz and Max. Occasionally if Blitz has been shoo'd off the sofa and has an attitude about it he'll go after Max, harmless swatting but he's clearly taking it out on Max.

Other than that they are both mostly well behaved.

Our three think they're human, never really naughty. People crack up because we can have conversations with them.

• Like 1

Cats are not evil, they are crap.

Totally useless.

Cats are the funniest thing on youtube.

I have seen a few cats who are just plain mean, probably evil. They are only a small percentage of all cats. I have seen the same percentage of evil in people.

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment I have two cats, Mika (my 'old grumpy man') and Cloe (my 'sweet little supermodel')... they couldn't be more different then night & day. Mika for the most part just wants to be left alone, he's an older cat so it's not surprising. Cloe is just a purring love machine & every time my hubby takes out the camera she just starts posing like she was some super model in her past life- it's so cute. I don't deny for a moment my two furry little darlings own me & I'd do just about anything for them, lol... Guess I'm just a crazy cat lady in the making.

• Like 4

No, I don't personally believe cats are vindictive, malicious and like to upset us cat slaves deliberately. (Just words associated with naughty) :yes:

Usually if a cats behaviour changes or they are doing things they shouldn't, they may be trying to tell us something. Cats are excellent at hiding pain so there could always be an underlying issue that we cannot see. When cats are stressed they can change behaviour and do things they shouldn't. The common things cats do when stressed is usually spray, poo, and urinate in places they shouldn't. But these problems are usually because they are associating their litter tray with discomfort for some reason (Would need investigation) and therefore find somewhere else. There are always reasons for a change of behaviour in cats and should always be looked into by responsible pet owners.

Cats are not naughty deliberately to annoy or upset us. :yes: They're spoilt that's for sure and can definitely sulk but cats really do not get their own backs and do things to annoy us.

• Like 1

At the moment I have two cats, Mika (my 'old grumpy man') and Cloe (my 'sweet little supermodel')... they couldn't be more different then night & day. Mika for the most part just wants to be left alone, he's an older cat so it's not surprising. Cloe is just a purring love machine & every time my hubby takes out the camera she just starts posing like she was some super model in her past life- it's so cute. I don't deny for a moment my two furry little darlings own me & I'd do just about anything for them, lol... Guess I'm just a crazy cat lady in the making.

Can I say JEALOUS.

Everytime I try to get a nice picture of my cats they end up moving position and walk away. It's like they know. And trying to take a good piccy of black cats is a complete nightmare. Gah.

• Like 1

I came into this thread with an already pre-concieved notion of what it is about and me ready to say, "Nooooooooooo!" But reading some of the comments, I'm like, well all three of my cats do seem to act like that. Having three cats took me to realize that even in the animal kingdom, (and I'm seeing this with my dog and other dogs) every personality is different. My oldest cat, who moved up north with us, is a female calico cat who seems to be an introvert. She does love affection, and will go to you to get it. Our middle female tuxedo is happy(will purr a lot), but we think she has issues. You go to pet her, and she backs off. When you do manage to pick her up, she fights you, but she is purring too. Don't know. Our youngest and our only male cat who is a tuxedo, is probably the most happy go lucky cat there is. Very affectionate, even to the point as it gets bothersome. Mostly so at night, when you are trying to sleep and he is there purring and rubbing his face into yours. And the licking of your face, I have to push him away so I can breath. Wouldn't change though. :tsu:

You know, we do misinterpret a lot of the things cats do as haughty or selfish, but the fact is they are dependent on us and they know it and often are very insecure and try to hide it.

Can I say JEALOUS.

Everytime I try to get a nice picture of my cats they end up moving position and walk away. It's like they know. And trying to take a good piccy of black cats is a complete nightmare. Gah.

Yeah, my big cat's like that. He'll purposely turn his back to the camera (I've always just assumed this was his way of flipping me off, lol).

But speaking of jealously... Last night as my hubby & I were heading off to bed we heard a crying sound coming from outside. We discovered a 3 or 4 month old kitten hiding under my car! Poor little thing, he was obviously owned by someone- he was extremely friendly & couldn't get enough human contact.

Long story short, the kitten came inside- the dog was happy we 'found her a new friend' the two cats, however, completely different story. They went on red-alert, lol... Cloe went into a different room, as high as she could get and would hiss anytime the kitten came too near. Mika just kept his distance (not his first kitten rodeo).

Today we found the kittens owner and hubby brought him over. Kitten belonged to a little 7 year old boy (next town over) who was heartbroken over the loss. I guess the kitten was missing for about a week. At least we were able to reunite them and have a happy ending to this particular tale.

Unfortunately in the short time we had the kitten, my hubby bonded. He mentioned he wouldn't mind another kitten. I said two cats are enough at the moment. What's really funny about this is that he isn't a cat person, but he fell completely in love with that little grey tiger!

• Like 1

Cute story. Glad you found his owner. My cat jumped on the arm of the couch tonight and wanted to be petted. I gave him a few strokes, the last while I wasn't looking at him. And then he bit me.

Yes, cats are evil and anyone who doesn't see this as the truth have been brainwashed by them to think contrary.

About 5 years ago a mother stray dropped a single kitten in the middle of this complex, I knew right then we'd someday be over run with them and that day has come. A young lady adopted that single stray kitten and since then the population of cats in the complex has become epidemic and they are still multiplying.

I never allow them to come on my property when I am home but they know i cannot be present all the time. They look at me with laughing eyes knowing I cannot always be on guard and then they will have their way with my property. Poisoning my soil with their putrid eliminations. The next day they will sit gleefully watching as I am again forced to clean up the messes left in their ungodly presence.

I hear them in the middle of the night, caterwauling as they mate in order to further increase their stranglehold on this, their chosen habitation. I shed tears of desperation and sorrow as I again come face to face with the horrible realization that despite all my efforts against them, I too exist only to serve them.

Yes, cats are evil and anyone who doesn't see this as the truth have been brainwashed by them to think contrary.

About 5 years ago a mother stray dropped a single kitten in the middle of this complex, I knew right then we'd someday be over run with them and that day has come. A young lady adopted that single stray kitten and since then the population of cats in the complex has become epidemic and they are still multiplying.

I never allow them to come on my property when I am home but they know i cannot be present all the time. They look at me with laughing eyes knowing I cannot always be on guard and then they will have their way with my property. Poisoning my soil with their putrid eliminations. The next day they will sit gleefully watching as I am again forced to clean up the messes left in their ungodly presence.

I hear them in the middle of the night, caterwauling as they mate in order to further increase their stranglehold on this, their chosen habitation. I shed tears of desperation and sorrow as I again come face to face with the horrible realization that despite all my efforts against them, I too exist only to serve them.

I'm so sorry to hear about your plight- this is why I always get my cats fixed asap and keep them as indoor kitties.

It's too bad the woman who was kind enough to adopt that stay wasn't smart enough to take it to the vets and get it property fixed & vaccinated (like most us of responsible slaves who's only duty in life is to serve our feline overlords comforts & happiness...)

• Like 1

That's not evil. That's irresponsible owners who are too selfish to get their pets spayed and neutered. Not only does it stop more kittens, Interbreeding, it stops the risk of breast cancer, stds being spread, urinary tract problems, etc.

They are not weeing on your lawn. They are spraying and females can do it to. It's marking territory and leaving a scent for calling cats. If they had been spayed, they wouldn't spray. Sadly, if they were to be spayed now they would still do it.

These people are the reason shelters are bustling and thousands of healthy animals are pts every year. Blame dirty bybs.

Some people sadly don't even know cats should be spayed. Some need to be educated.

Cats do not have it in them to be evil.

Edited by Boadicea1

Cats are not evil, they are crap.

Totally useless.

Cats are the funniest thing on youtube.

Better than a bloody hedgehog.

My cat, jabba, was imprisoned by an old lady and fed biscuits all day so she was fat, hence the name, now she is a prime feline example, well behaved especially with a 2 year old and 10 week old kids.

She was very boystrous when we had our kitten, colin(rip), and very motherly towards him.

She is the perfect moggy.

Edited by Redefining Success