Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breakthrough pill to help people live to 100

UM-Bot

Experts have announced a breakthrough pill that is believed to be able to help people live until they are at least 100. The pill is based on immitating the effects of three super-genes that make people 20 times more likely to live to be 100 and 80 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s or other similar diseases. The new pill is expected to be ready for testing within three years.

"A pill to help people live to 100 free from debilitating health problems is set to "revolutionise" ageing, experts said yesterday. The breakthrough has come after scientists identified three “super-genes”.
"

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Daily Express

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Siara

• Pinx

• Codehook

Top Posters In This Topic

100 year old CHAVs?? 100 years sucking the lifeblood out of our benefits system and breeding more chavvy replicas of themselves? Bankers, estate agents, insurance salesmen, politicians, murderers, paedos etc etc etc - all living to 100? :no:

I rest my case for the defence :lol:

why the hell would you wanna live till your 100?...most people's body and brain are beat down waaaaay before that...NO THANK YOU, I'M GOOD!!

hooray! so we can all live to be... really old. they better start mass producing retirement homes... this is great news for Florida's economy im sure.

HA good one Spider! Good god without death, well that just leaves Taxes!! I cant wait to work till Im 80!!

I can see that most of you don't really understand this at all. What it means is living a more productive, alert and active life into old age. The reason people require old age homes and medical treatment, etc.. is because of disease and infirmity. What this pill is supposed to do is mimic the genetic makeup of a fairly healthy elderly person. Meaning you won't need all that treatment, doctors visits, personal care, etc..In turn you will be capable of maintaining and living in your own home longer, driving your own car longer, etc... It's not just about the years of life people, it's about the quality of life as well.

Frankly, It would be amazing if this stuff did make it to market. Look at how much the medical field depends on old people. Not to mention pharmaceuticals, old age homes and on and on. Then again, a great deal of them may develop issues at 105 or something. I would also expect that the pills will be priced way out of reach for the average citizen.

I definitely agree with jbondo on this. Although I do worry about what this could mean for overpopulation and benefit systems, it's really the quality of life that's appealing here. Take it from someone who has watched a grandparent slowly whither away from Alzheimer's disease. If I don't have to watch my parents do the same, I'm all for it. Although, I do wonder about the price...

I just happened to download this documentary. Horizon: Don't Grow Old

This guy studied a perticular breed of human. They were jews or something like that. There was a woman who looked 60-70 but was in fact 102 years old. These people often smoked two cigerettes a day for their entire lives. This woman seemed very lively and it would appear she could live another 20 years. The scientists took a look at there genes and found perticular genes that they have and he basically put them in a pill. The main conclusion to aging in this documentary was how many genes you have that last longer. Basiclly if you are made up a genes that multiply and deteriorate tyhen you get old faster and if you have lots genes that have natural longevity then you live longer. There was also another experiemnt someone done where they got old people from a place deader then a grave yard and put them into a apartments that were styled like the 40's apartments. This was to create an illusion as if the were back in time and it had an amazing positive effect. The old people started doing stuff again and some through away their walking stick etc. If anyone wants the torrent pm me.

Edited by Mbyte

Whatever, this doesn't sound right to me. It has to do more with the centers in the body that create the adult stem cells to replenish your other cells. The cells they call the immortal cells, since they can reproduce indefinitely... It just doesn't make sense to take pills to give you good genes.

It's the first step to immortality. Somehow I doubt this pill will be marketed to the public so it would hardly be adding to overpopulation.

Ok, I'll take it, but only after they find a cure for ageing.

I'll bet all the possible side effects will make you wish you were dead.

:lol: I can already hear the commercial. A calm female voice rattling off the terrifying and graphic side effects as seniors run on the beach, with soothing new age music playing in the background.

First of all, I call BS. and second of all I agree with other postees that we dont need to live that long. theres no where to live anyway, we are going to doom ourselves, and overpopulation is the way it's going to happen. the birthrate isn't equal to the deathrate in this world. more people are being born than dying. should be the other wayy around if you ask me.

I wouldn't take that pill if you paid me. Who knows wtf it does to your body. what if it gave you cancer? what if it ****ed with your brain and you became a vegetable afterwards? or maybe you get an ulcer? who knows. i say it's a bad idea and i don't really believe that there is a pill like that because wouldn't we all have heard about it on the news by now? "ASTONISHING BREAK THROUGH IN THE HEALTH SCIENCES! MAGIC PILL!" I still smell BS. =]

why the hell would you wanna live till your 100?...most people's body and brain are beat down waaaaay before that...NO THANK YOU, I'M GOOD!!

My great grandmother danced with her doctor on her 100th birthday (a waltz). She had childhood memories of hiding her bustle in a haystack when she walked into town because her mother forced her to wear one and she thought it was "old fashioned". She stowed away on a clipper ship to come to America. She got to watch men walk on the moon.

I'd love to live to be 100. Of course this means I'll probably kick the bucket at 70.

Only 100? Some already go beyond that. Come on, where's the 200 and 300 years doses?

I work with the mentally unstable and some elderly. Some 85 year olds and above are 85% depressed people. These people lived through such horrible times and most have outlived children and grandchildren and most of them want to die...they mostly look at their longevity as a curse more than a blessing...i think this pill is inhumane for one of several reasons...and including the fact that only the rich and powerful will enjoy this, do we really want these people taking over?? seriously....

I work with the mentally unstable and some elderly. Some 85 year olds and above are 85% depressed people. These people lived through such horrible times and most have outlived children and grandchildren and most of them want to die...they mostly look at their longevity as a curse more than a blessing...i think this pill is inhumane for one of several reasons...and including the fact that only the rich and powerful will enjoy this, do we really want these people taking over?? seriously....

Surely it won't be mandatory to take it. The rich and powerful might get easier access to it, but they have easier access to everything else. They'll be 100 years old, but nothing but a dripping blob of botox.

I just happened to download this documentary. Horizon: Don't Grow Old

This guy studied a perticular breed of human. They were jews or something like that. There was a woman who looked 60-70 but was in fact 102 years old. These people often smoked two cigerettes a day for their entire lives. This woman seemed very lively and it would appear she could live another 20 years. The scientists took a look at there genes and found perticular genes that they have and he basically put them in a pill. The main conclusion to aging in this documentary was how many genes you have that last longer. Basiclly if you are made up a genes that multiply and deteriorate tyhen you get old faster and if you have lots genes that have natural longevity then you live longer. There was also another experiemnt someone done where they got old people from a place deader then a grave yard and put them into a apartments that were styled like the 40's apartments. This was to create an illusion as if the were back in time and it had an amazing positive effect. The old people started doing stuff again and some through away their walking stick etc. If anyone wants the torrent pm me.

*snip* jews arent a breed of human. Judaism is a religion

Edited by Saru
Removed personal attack