Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sun object? Planet x?

spiceuk

Hi everyone,

This is my first post although I've been haunting this site for a long time.

Last Friday 3rd of July 2009 my friend took a short video of the sun on his camera, (nothing special there) on Sunday 5th July we were going through his pics and video and noticed an object dead center of the sun, we decided to try to debunk the video by trying again, we cleaned the camera lens and using a pair of sunglasses as a filter we took 2 more vids and 6 photos, in every case the object showed clear as day, we could not view the object with the naked eye unless we were wearing sunglasses, I have uploaded the videos and pictures here, Visit My Website, After uploading the pics and vids I did the rounds of trying to discover what this object could be by several google searches and my results were varied not forgetting that this object had not moved for 3 days.

I found that many people had taken the same pics and vids, I went into many forums and finally found myself in the Above top secret site, there was a large thread discussing this same object, it ran for 24 pages and contained several theories from Planet x to mercury and venus, eventually they settled on mercury but I'm still not convinced, to be honest I cannot say what the object is but I thought you would all find it interesting, oh and by the way several ATS member emailed NASA over 3 days with no reply?

I will leave that one with you all.

All the best.

Spice

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spiceuk

• HerNibs

• Mattshark

• Hazzard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

This is my first post although I've been haunting this site for a long time.

Last Friday 3rd of July 2009 my friend took a short video of the sun on his camera, (nothing special there) on Sunday 5th July we were going through his pics and video and noticed an object dead center of the sun, we decided to try to debunk the video by trying again, we cleaned the camera lens and using a pair of sunglasses as a filter we took 2 more vids and 6 photos, in every case the object showed clear as day, we could not view the object with the naked eye unless we were wearing sunglasses, I have uploaded the videos and pictures here, Visit My Website, After uploading the pics and vids I did the rounds of trying to discover what this object could be by several google searches and my results were varied not forgetting that this object had not moved for 3 days.

I found that many people had taken the same pics and vids, I went into many forums and finally found myself in the Above top secret site, there was a large thread discussing this same object, it ran for 24 pages and contained several theories from Planet x to mercury and venus, eventually they settled on mercury but I'm still not convinced, to be honest I cannot say what the object is but I thought you would all find it interesting, oh and by the way several ATS member emailed NASA over 3 days with no reply?

I will leave that one with you all.

All the best.

Spice

You do realise that you camera would not just pick up a black dot while it was back lit like that don't you.

NASA may not reply because the get fed up with the amount of planet X nonsense that is around.

Don't cameras kind of freak when directed at the sun? Where the concentration of light causes the "black spot" problem? Regular digital cameras and recorders can't handle it?

*off to utilize google-fu*

Nibs

Don't cameras kind of freak when directed at the sun? Where the concentration of light causes the "black spot" problem? Regular digital cameras and recorders can't handle it?

*off to utilize google-fu*

Nibs

:yes:

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but it is a common occurrence.

:yes:

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but it is a common occurrence.

Yes this happens on my cellphone camera.

So we are basically saying that this is a common problem with all cameras digital and video, worldwide, this is interesting because I've not come across this before and to be honest I'm not convinced either, I know I shouldn't have done this but as part of trying to debunk what we were seeing on camera I looked at the sun while wearing sunglasses and could see the anomaly, please believe me when I say that I want to find a rational explanation to this, a previous post mentioned that NASA were probably fed up with being hounded, so if that were the case and this sort of thing had been posted before to them then why not publish it as fact instead of ignorance, why not add it to their website, I for one have never hounded anyone, I'm just your average Joe who has found something interesting and wants an explanation, if indeed it is the cameras then exactly why is it the cameras you know lets get technical here, please show me some credible proof because I want to debunk it, I just find it hard to simply accept its a common camera malfunction when aimed at bright light, if we can debunk this then I will add a video to youtube telling everyone to stop filming this as they are wasting their time.

Cheers all for the replies so far.

So we are basically saying that this is a common problem with all cameras digital and video, worldwide, this is interesting because I've not come across this before and to be honest I'm not convinced either, I know I shouldn't have done this but as part of trying to debunk what we were seeing on camera I looked at the sun while wearing sunglasses and could see the anomaly, please believe me when I say that I want to find a rational explanation to this, a previous post mentioned that NASA were probably fed up with being hounded, so if that were the case and this sort of thing had been posted before to them then why not publish it as fact instead of ignorance, why not add it to their website, I for one have never hounded anyone, I'm just your average Joe who has found something interesting and wants an explanation, if indeed it is the cameras then exactly why is it the cameras you know lets get technical here, please show me some credible proof because I want to debunk it, I just find it hard to simply accept its a common camera malfunction when aimed at bright light, if we can debunk this then I will add a video to youtube telling everyone to stop filming this as they are wasting their time.

Ok I have just been on a couple of digital camera websites looking at possible problems of photographing the sun directly and none of them mention black dots but they do mention white out???

This is the third post in the Above Top Secret thread you mentioned. Simple, normal, camera problem.

nataylor post - third down or so

Classic overexposure on the CCD or CMOS sensor of the digital camera that took the picture. The center of the sun was just too bright, causing the sensor to fail in those locations. This results in no data being returned from that area of the sensor, causing a black spot.

Nibs

Why don't you believe it (see Her Nibs above).

But seriously, you think you camera magically manages to show a plant backlit perfectly in the solar system that has no gravitational effect, that is not picked up by people studying the sun. Why should NASA bother acknowledging the planet X crap. It is not their job to tell people who believe in falsified nonsense, especially since most people don't even acknowledge planet X and quite frankly those determined to believe will just have their paranoid delusions of a conspiracy fuelled. They right just ignore the rubbish.

Use some critical thinking will you.

No planetary body in the solar system is static, if your object hasn’t moved in three days it’s not a planet...

NASA’s job is to research space, and plan space missions, not debunk ‘planet x’ claims... :lol:

I’m not even going to look on google, since I believe HerNibs is right about the camera you’re using can’t handle the glare... IMO

Just to add, I just looked up if blackspots and overexposure on CMOS and lots of results came up. SpiceUK, there is no doubt that this is the answer.

Just to add, I just looked up if blackspots and overexposure on CMOS and lots of results came up. SpiceUK, there is no doubt that this is the answer.

Ok, Thank you for all your replies,

My research continues, I have found two pics taken in 2000 which show no anomaly and two that we took of a hazy sun today 7.7.09 & 3.00 gmt which still show the anomaly, I am still stumped because I have the evidence for and against in front of me so what am I to believe?

Am I to believe what I can see with the naked eye through sunglasses and what several cameras are also capturing with the added evidence of sun pictures taken in 2000 with a digital camera, or am I to believe what you guys tell me here.

I never used to give credence to the planet x theory and I agree with the fact that no planetary body stays still because we are all in constant movement, I am however used to believing what I can see with my own eyes.

Thanks again.

Spiceuk.

Ok, Thank you for all your replies,

My research continues, I have found two pics taken in 2000 which show no anomaly and two that we took of a hazy sun today 7.7.09 & 3.00 gmt which still show the anomaly, I am still stumped because I have the evidence for and against in front of me so what am I to believe?

Am I to believe what I can see with the naked eye through sunglasses and what several cameras are also capturing with the added evidence of sun pictures taken in 2000 with a digital camera, or am I to believe what you guys tell me here.

I never used to give credence to the planet x theory and I agree with the fact that no planetary body stays still because we are all in constant movement, I am however used to believing what I can see with my own eyes.

Thanks again.

Spiceuk.

All pics taken with the same camera? Exact same conditions? Same placement in the sky on the same day? No?

Different cameras have different tolerances for such direct light.

IF THERE WAS A PLANET (NEW) IN OUR SYSTEM WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT A LONG TIME AGO. It wouldn't be something the government(s) could hide or keep secret not to mention the havoc it would cause in our solar system.

Why fight simple logic to look for a conspiracy or mystery?

Yeah, keep looking at the sun, let us know how that goes. <_<

It's a glitch.

Nibs

All pics taken with the same camera? Exact same conditions? Same placement in the sky on the same day? No?

Different cameras have different tolerances for such direct light.

IF THERE WAS A PLANET (NEW) IN OUR SYSTEM WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT A LONG TIME AGO. It wouldn't be something the government(s) could hide or keep secret not to mention the havoc it would cause in our solar system.

Why fight simple logic to look for a conspiracy or mystery?

Yeah, keep looking at the sun, let us know how that goes. <_<

It's a glitch.

Nibs

I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter, the issue has been solved, for those that suggested it is all the digital cameras you were correct!

We took a pic of a halogen lamp and sure enough the dot was there, there really are so many people out there that refuse to accept what is staring them in the face, thanks again.

Spice

I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter, the issue has been solved, for those that suggested it is all the digital cameras you were correct!

We took a pic of a halogen lamp and sure enough the dot was there, there really are so many people out there that refuse to accept what is staring them in the face, thanks again.

Spice

:tu: Great!!

Nibs

alright lets see if i can put an end to this.

you see the dot in the middle? well if you could take a picture of this any time in the day and still see it, wouldn't it mean it would have to move perfectly with the sun, right in the middle? which is impossible right? and do you see the minor sundog on the right side of the picture? looks just like the dot except bigger right? i took this picture with my phone. isn't it kinda weird that its right in the middle all day? no it is not. this is just a camera glitch. if you want i'll take the same picture a couple hours from now and put some sense to this for you. don't worry, we're not being stocked by aliens from 'that' planet. simple explination. these claims of planet x or nibiru are buisnesses, buisnesses that are all going to fail once thier doomsday predictions are wrong. there is nothing to fear hear, no govmnt conspiracys

EDIT: sorry i didn't see hernibs' post but well just take it as more proof Lol

post-90448-1247064240_thumb.jpg

Edited by workout

Good for you, spice... live and learn, like the rest of us. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Spice

But you said you could see it with your naked eye with sunglasses on. Was the dot there with the sunglasses on looking at the lamp too?

The dot which appeared with sunglasses was probably the result of looking into the sun for too long.

There's a joke in there somewhere..