Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Hunting the Chinese 'Wild Man'

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,347 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

A team of 38 researchers is planning an expedition to find evidence of China's answer to the Yeti.

Sydney Morning Herald said:

For centuries, the villagers around the Shennongjia forest of China's central Hubei province, a forbidding 1,000 square mile reserve of high mountains and deep forests, have believed that the "Wild Man", or Yeren, lives among them.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostSaru, on 06 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

A team of 38 researchers is planning an expedition to find evidence of China's answer to the Yeti.
It's a familiar headline now. I hope they succeed but I'm not too hopeful.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#3    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hopefully we shall get some interesting results.

#4    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,018 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Another waste of time and resources.

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Wonder what they are going to do if they find one? Are going to kill it? Capture it and do testing it creature? Why can't they just leave it alone?

#6    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

It's funny how wandering off into the wild, looking for something that doesn't exist automatically makes you a "researcher". I want to be a researcher. I think tomorrow I will ramble off into the wilds of south Mississippi and look for the very rare, undocumented, little known blue backed pickle monster. Ok, now I can be a researcher.

Mike

#7    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,267 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Don't knock it till you try it...... it's fun and good exercise.

Posted Image

#8    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 06 July 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

It's funny how wandering off into the wild, looking for something that doesn't exist automatically makes you a "researcher". I want to be a researcher. I think tomorrow I will ramble off into the wilds of south Mississippi and look for the very rare, undocumented, little known blue backed pickle monster. Ok, now I can be a researcher.

Mike

Don't stop there, Mike. You can be an author and tv star too, don't forget. Even a...............filmmaker! So don't waste any time. Andele!

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,656 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

If you would read the article they ARE researchers "...drawn from several Chinese universities and research institutes"
I wish some people would at least take the time to read the FULL article before commenting on UM topics.

#10    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postpallidin, on 06 July 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

If you would read the article they ARE researchers "...drawn from several Chinese universities and research institutes"
I wish some people would at least take the time to read the FULL article before commenting on UM topics.
I am sure they are researchers in their own right, but when you go looking for a mythical creature, then you stop being a researcher and start being a hiker with a vivd imagination.

Mike

#11    Anomy91

Anomy91

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Oh silly humans, you will never find me.

#12    chisoaustin

chisoaustin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hahaha, i think you guys should search for king Kong instead

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 06 July 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Mike

Hmmmmm? Ok, so if I form a "research" organization, then I can take a huge tax write off for my equipment, travel expenses, food and gear, right? I should have thought of this years ago. Take a few pictuires of fuzzy, out of focus blobs; post a video or two that don't show much on the web, create a site and suddenly I'm an organization. Wonder if I should claim to be non-profit? I could ask for donations. Christ, I could have a reality TV show!........oh wait, that's been done already. Bugger!

#14    CMV

CMV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

I like how people come on unexplained mysteries.com but don't like a good unexplained mystery....

#15    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

From the OP article:

"I've visited every place where the Wild Man was reported in China. I've studied everything related to the Wild Man including hair, skulls and specimens. All of them are dyed human hair or come from monkeys and bears."

He said the local government in Hubei was simply trying to drum up tourist revenue. And indeed the Shennongjia reserve has recently signed agreements with Beijing to help promote package holidays to the area for nature lovers ... and yeti hunters.

So UM skeptics are not alone.

Gee, I hope the team doesn't do any ground checks....."Oops! Anybody got a shovel?"

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 July 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users