Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chimp-human fossil uncovered

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

She walked with a knock-kneed gait, with a heel like a chimp but the upright posture of a human, and she may provide the most complete evidence yet of early man’s closest ancestor, scientists said Thursday.
Two-million-year-old Australopithecus sediba’s awkward strut would eventually send a modern man begging for a knee or hip replacement, but scientists are stunned at how evolution equipped her for both climbing trees and walking.

Fossils uncover ‘weird’ chimp-human creature called Australopithecus sediba

#2    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

They already know what it ate too:

http://www.unexplain...9413&hl= sediba

And it was already discovered exactly 3 years ago:

http://www.newscient...mate-found.html

Edited by Abramelin, 12 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#3    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,624 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

But it's relationship to A. afarensis apparently isn't as straight forward as once believed:

This surprising result has significant implications for our present understanding of hominin phylogeny (the evolution of the species), and alludes to the possibility that Au. sediba, and perhaps Au. africanus are not descendant from the Au. afarensis lineage, represented most prominently by the famous "Lucy" skeleton discovered by Donald Johanson in Ethiopia in 1974, as has been widely hypothesized.

"Our research on teeth can't definitively settle if either sediba or africanus is more closely related to humans than the other species," Guatelli-Steinberg said. "But our findings do suggest that both are closely related to each other and are more closely related to humans than afarensis."

http://popular-archa...-human-ancestor

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#4    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Very interesting. If what Abramelin says is true, that this is old news, I'm glad I heard it now, because I had no clue about this whatsoever

#5    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

It's news to me, too.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

#6    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

are you people or scientists still trying to prove that humans came from monkeys?really people I personally don't buy it there has never been evidence that we came from monkey's or etc.yeah we might look similar in some areas but no we did not come from monkeys.you wonna swing with the monkeys by all means go for it but I am no freaking monkey or animal though.if we really did come from monkeys or chimpanzees or whatever then why are we not as strong physically as monkeys,chimpanzees or gorillas?if we did came from them we would be as strong as them no matter whether we live in cities or etc.you know what I am a spiritual being in a physical body I am a spiritual being inhabiting a physical body and finally have a soul.we all are spiritual beings. we were programmed since birth to believe we are something we are not people.

#7    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm thinking some guy fell in love with a beautiful young Bonobo and they had some wild and passionate monkey sex and Sediba (which is a pretty name by the way) was the result.  Wild Monkey Sex!

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 13 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

are you people or scientists still trying to prove that humans came from monkeys?really people I personally don't buy it there has never been evidence that we came from monkey's or etc.yeah we might look similar in some areas but no we did not come from monkeys.you wonna swing with the monkeys by all means go for it but I am no freaking monkey or animal though.if we really did come from monkeys or chimpanzees or whatever then why are we not as strong physically as monkeys,chimpanzees or gorillas?if we did came from them we would be as strong as them no matter whether we live in cities or etc.you know what I am a spiritual being in a physical body I am a spiritual being inhabiting a physical body and finally have a soul.we all are spiritual beings. we were programmed since birth to believe we are something we are not people.

Science says we and APES (= NOT monkeys) share a common ancestor.

And we humans are animals as much as all the other animals.

OK, so you are a spiritual being, but now try to use what we humans are famous for (in our own eyes): brain power.

#9    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.i know i did not come from no freakin monkey or chimpanzee or etc.as for science the hell with science science is powerful but limited in so many ways and most importantly is only good in the 3rd dimensional realm

#10    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Very cool find.we could have made from half primemate half something eles.
Humans are just another animal that roams the earth

#11    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 13 April 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.

So if you're not an animal, what kingdom do you belong to; Plant or Protista ? I know this is the UM forum, but c'mon.

#12    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,237 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

View Postredhen, on 14 April 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

So if you're not an animal, what kingdom do you belong to; Plant or Protista ? I know this is the UM forum, but c'mon.

Unfortunately one doesn't have to pass a test to use the internets.

#13    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 13 April 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

@ Abramelin you call yourself a animal and etc by all means go for it!!! don't label me or others as being animals or whatever.you call yourself what you wish.i know i did not come from no freakin monkey or chimpanzee or etc.as for science the hell with science science is powerful but limited in so many ways and most importantly is only good in the 3rd dimensional realm

Science may be limited, but your understanding of it sure is.

#14    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

don't label me or others as being animals

Unless you're not warm blooded and don't have hair/fur and the females of your species don't produce milk/birth live young... you are an animal. So deal with it and grow up! :tu:

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 14 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#15    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,624 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 14 April 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Unless you're not warm blooded and don't have hair/fur and the females of your species don't produce milk/birth live young... you are an animal. So deal with it and grow up! :tu:

Even that qualifies a person as an animal, although more specifically a mammal.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users