Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

DNA evidence of Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,294 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

http://www.cryptomun...rt/bigfoot-dna/

Now David Paulides of North American Bigfoot Search.com and the author of Tribal Bigfoot has been busy collecting bone and hair samples of purported various Bigfoot. His research has led him into DNA evaluation of these samples and he reports on Coast to Coast AM that results are very promising so far.

In fact, Paulides and highly respected DNA expert Dr. Melba S. Ketchum have found that some samples appear to have both human and animal characteristics. However, the research is ongoing.

Dr. Ketchum believes that very shortly she will have the final conclusions to the DNA testing. Then the results will be submitted for peer review in scientific journals and an announcement will be made.

http://www.coasttoco...show/2010/08/29

Joining him in the last hour, Dr. Melba S. Ketchum reported on ongoing DNA testing of possible Bigfoot hair samples, some of which have a combination of human and animal attributes, and are considered anomalous or unknown. She and her team are in the process of preparing a peer reviewed paper that will reveal their complete findings.

Very Interesting. I wonder when any peer reviewed paper would make its first appearance? Probably not for several months after the DNA results are evaluated. Maybe we will hear from this story again by next summer??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    silentforce

silentforce

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

I imagine it will take a long time as they will want to make sure the method can't be attack in anyway when announcing something so controversial. If it does turn out to be Bigfoot DNA then awesome.

#3    JohnSage

JohnSage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Skepticism is a tool of the wise , but the liquor of the fool

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

In the immortal words of the X-files Fox Mulder "I want to believe" sasquatch is my holy grail. Among all the cryptids and things paranormal this is the one I want most to be proved true. Because I want it so bad I have to be even more skeptical than the average observer in order to reduce personal bias, so I can't wait to see the results, but I am not gonna hold my breath, and if I so much as sense Tom Biscardi has anything to do with this I just might burn the whole place down

Give me the wisdom to be skeptical enough to require proof, and the courage to accept that proof when I see it

#4    doktorhook

doktorhook

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• "Stupid is as stupid does!"

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hmm, I wonder what the result would be if you mixed chimp DNA with human DNA. Would that then give a false positive for a bigfoot?

#5    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

View Postdoktorhook, on 07 September 2010 - 05:54 AM, said:

Hmm, I wonder what the result would be if you mixed chimp DNA with human DNA. Would that then give a false positive for a bigfoot?

I'm not sure that DNA analysis works that way, to be honest.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#6    Pezmo

Pezmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• "I paint for myself. I don't know how to do anything else, anyway. Also I have to earn my living, and occupy myself." - Francis Bacon

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

If it does get proved, how much are you willing to bet Hunters will increase their presence in the regions known for bigfoot sightings?

"Cooper: Go on then Bruce, what scares you?
Bruce: The self-destructive nature of the human condition.
Spoon: You're just taking the piss now."

Quotes from the film Dog Soldiers (Best Werewolf Film I've ever seen, check it out.)

#7    j b

j b

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• If you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

it doesnt matter if they do prove biff's existence with dna... science wont accept it until they have a body

edit: or... they have several different samples from i.e. different areas to compare each other to and find that all samples have undeniable similarities...  it wouldnt hold much water for me to claim an unknown species exist otherwise...

Edited by j b, 07 September 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#8    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

I wish I could count the number of time we have heard this exact same claim.

Cryptomundo, and Coast to Coast...are you serious?  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

These guys and their outlandish claims have been discredited so many times it's not even funny.

My guess is this will end up exactly where all the other supposed bigfoot DNA claims go...nowhere!!!

Edited by evancj, 08 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#9    JohnSage

JohnSage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Skepticism is a tool of the wise , but the liquor of the fool

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

View Postevancj, on 08 September 2010 - 12:51 AM, said:

I wish I could count the number of time we have heard this exact same claim.

Cryptomundo, and Coast to Coast...are you serious?  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

These guys and their outlandish claims have been discredited so many times it's not even funny.

My guess is this will end up exactly where all the other supposed bigfoot DNA claims go...nowhere!!!

Remember the arguements we used to have? Well that's where those will stay for now.. in memory, because as much as it pains me to say so, I completely agree with you. My guess is the results will never be made public and slip into obscurity. One day evancj you're gonna be wrong lol. It's just not this time

Edited by JohnSage, 08 September 2010 - 04:04 AM.

Give me the wisdom to be skeptical enough to require proof, and the courage to accept that proof when I see it

#10    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

View PostJohnSage, on 06 September 2010 - 11:42 AM, said:

In the immortal words of the X-files Fox Mulder "I want to believe" sasquatch is my holy grail. Among all the cryptids and things paranormal this is the one I want most to be proved true. Because I want it so bad I have to be even more skeptical than the average observer in order to reduce personal bias, so I can't wait to see the results, but I am not gonna hold my breath, and if I so much as sense Tom Biscardi has anything to do with this I just might burn the whole place down

Yep, I agree, this very much describes me as well.

#11    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:05 AM

View PostJohnSage, on 08 September 2010 - 04:01 AM, said:

Remember the arguements we used to have? Well that's where those will stay for now.. in memory, because as much as it pains me to say so, I completely agree with you. My guess is the results will never be made public and slip into obscurity.

Hey Mr. Sage,

It's been awhile, good to hear from ya.

View PostJohnSage, on 08 September 2010 - 04:01 AM, said:

One day evancj you're gonna be wrong lol. It's just not this time

I know people don't believe me when I say this...but nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong about bigfoot. If we ever find the big guy I will the first skeptic to admit I was pig headed and close minded. Unfortunately I don't see that happening now or ever.

#12    Non sequitur

Non sequitur

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

is the OP trying to sell a magazine?
you dont need to trick with misleading headlines

#13    Matt121

Matt121

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

How would they go about proving it to be Bigfoot? you would need multiple samples to compare it to. Even if Bigfoot were real they don't have anything to match it to

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,294 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:44 AM

View PostNon sequitur, on 09 September 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

is the OP trying to sell a magazine?
you dont need to trick with misleading headlines
Ummm... My thread title is not misleading. It states what is found in the article. They have some DNA and they are going to analysis it, the findings will be some months in coming. I'm not selling anything. If I was I would put it in  my signature so the Terms of Use of this site would not be broken.

View PostMatt121, on 09 September 2010 - 07:01 PM, said:

How would they go about proving it to be Bigfoot? you would need multiple samples to compare it to. Even if Bigfoot were real they don't have anything to match it to
They did say they had many samples. If they get, say, five samples from five different areas and all are identicle in makeup and do not match any existing primates, then that is good proof of an unknown animal. That is pretty much how they decided that the Bili Ape, which is something like a supersized Chimp was determined to be an actual new species.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    The Dark Passenger

The Dark Passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• How could a religious order with ties to Hollywood be involved with anything immoral?

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

Don't want to get too excited about this one, as stated before, this isn't the first claim of possible bigfoot DNA. Never did hear the results of that "bigfoot blood" that Monster Quest claimed to have acquired.

What was sleep, after all, but the process by which we dumped our insanity into a dark subconscious pit and came out on the other side ready to eat cereal instead of the neighbor's children?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users