Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When did FDR really die?

Vera Ikon

So FDR supposedly died in 1945, right? Well, my dad's older brother has always told a story about visiting the Roosevelt family estate down in Hyde Park, New York, in the late 1950's. My uncle was about 10, and my dad and aunt were 4 and 5. They were walking around the grounds with my grandparents when they saw some workers digging by the Roosevelt family cemetery. My grandparents, rather shocked, went over the the workers and asked what they were doing. The workers, equally stunned that someone had seen them, blurted out: "burying FDR-- he just died today!" Now, my dad calls my uncle's memory into question, and while my uncle said that his parents remembered the incident, my dad says they did not. Did I mention that my dad and uncle don't always get along?

Anyway, according to my uncle's theory, FDR didn't die in 1945-- he was just totally incapacitated by a major stroke. He couldn't govern any more, and it was easier for the US government to tell the world that he was dead and let Truman take office. So FDR, probably close to being brain-dead, was hidden at or near his family's estate until he finally passed away in the late 1950's. Has anyone else heard this theory?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vera Ikon

• moe eubleck

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard many similar tales about Elvis, Bruce Lee, Jim Morrison ,Mr. Hooper from Sesame Street and Jimi Hendrix.

I'd like to think that they are somewhere on a secret hidden island , partying together. Ask your uncle about Elvis. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes my dad says he went to highschool with Elvis. But then again, he says a lot of things. Yeah, most of my older relatives were really into the 1960's, if you catch my meaning if you get my drift. wink2.gif