Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

End of Humanity

strichar

I've been doing a lot of research into the 2012 end of times theories. Some of them are quite convincing but really do lack any hard evidence other than that of theory. According to the first human civilisation, the sumerians, the end of times are supposed to occur in 2012, the same was set in the egyptian calendar, the mayans, and bible code. I myself first heard of this theory as a freshman in high school. I was watching a video on the mayans in history and it said that their calendar says the end of time will occur in 2012. At first this had given me a bit of a shock, but I quickly forgat it. I recall back in 1998 coming home from school and my sister saying something to the effect of that it supposedly was the day the end of the world was supposed to occur. I'm just curious as to what anyone else has to say and if they have any research that I may be interested in looking at?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chauncy

• Burgundy Johnson

• Stellar

• strichar

I don't put much stock in the end of the world predictions . I wouldn't want to be getting prepared for the End days in 2012 only to discover the Mayans where a year out in there calculations and I was actually a year behind schedule . That could be a might embarrasing couldn't it ...?

As for..

I recall back in 1998 coming home from school and my sister saying something to the effect of that it supposedly was the day the end of the world was supposed to occur
When I was in Highschool we had something similar , we went through a stage when it would amuse us to pick a different time every day for about 2 weeks . Which we prophesised would be the end of the world as we knew it . We set our watches for the allocated hour of doom and when the alarms went off in class we would all dive under the desks making Air raid noises .

I say we did this for only two weeks because it didn't take long for the Teachers to catch on .

. We set our watches for the allocated hour of doom and when the alarms went off in class we would all dive under the desks making Air raid noises .

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Rofl Kismit.....wish we'd thought of that at school.

I don't pay any attention to these predictions either, life's too short to waste it worrying about what might or might not happen.

thumbsup.gif

I can't say I put much stock in them either, I generally research the subject to better understand the civilisations that made the predictions.

The only sure shot way to know if they were right is to wait it out. I wouldnt do anything to "prepare" for it though, if deaths coming for you theres really not too much you can do. Many people have said that life would end at a certain time, and they have been wrong. Lets hope that they are wrong again. I will be looking forward to the future with excitement instead of fear.

There been lots of doomsday prediction and none of them ever happen so i believe 2012 it wont happen it (i hope) 2012 might be WW3 but you probably wont be able to kill everyone there is unless the planet cant sustain any life anymore.

I don't really think that WW3 would lead to world destruction. The use of any weapons of mass destruction by any side would quickly end that countries defeat, being that the entire world would likely unite against them shortly after.

I'am sure that I heared it wasn't the end of time arriving at 2012 but the end of an age and the begining of a new one, the new age is said to be that of aquarias (sp?) and will start with a big event, and a lot of suffering.

The "end of time" I think is supposed to be like you said the end of an age, and the beginning of a new age where time, as we know it, becomes irrelevent.

I'am sure that I heared it wasn't the end of time arriving at 2012 but the end of an age and the begining of a new one, the new age is said to be that of aquarias (sp?) and will start with a big event, and a lot of suffering.

That's what the Maya are saying. They're angry at peoples mistranslations and making it seem like a total destruction when they claim it's only a transormation. I think what's supposed to happen is the destruction of the physical world or the combining of it with the non-physical world (etheric or astral i think). We will exist as extradimensional or astral beings but we wont move on like people claim we usually do when your physcial body dies.

I currently can't find anything to disprove it, only information to support it. I'm not planning on preparing myself by doing anything big but I have recently decided to do a simple visualisation exercise based on one that I read on a site about 2012. I still need more evidence before I make a real devotion to this.

Death is coming anyway. It could be today, tomarow or 50 years from now. Would knowing when the end is comnig really make a difference at all, especailly with all the possible dangers affecting our survival?

mayas say that 2012 is the year of the transition, the end of the cicle and the start of another cycle.

earth will pass trough the transition too, we can notice this: earth poles are changing, 'time' is shorter, it is fast, natural disasters across the world and much more events are coming.

i saw in a lot of sites that we will pass trough a dimensional gate blink.gif (we are in the third dimension and will pass to 4th dimension) and only 1/3 of world population will survive until 2012 whistling2.gif

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I had the weirdest dream ever and the dream was a 'prediction' of the end of the world in 2012. Freaked me out to no end. I don't know that I believe it, but this is what the dream was like:

In the dream I was in my house and I heard yelling and screams coming from outside. I walked out there and at the end of my street I saw a priest hanging over the side of an interstate overpass. There was a crowd of people standing under him and they were angry. They were yelling and screaming and throwing things at the priest. I ran back towards my house and I saw my neighbor. I asked him what was going on and he said. "it's the end of the world." I ran into my house and picked up the phone to try to call my best friend. When I picked up the phone a voice said "12". At that point I was just annoyed that I couldn't make the call. I hung up the phone, picked it up again and a voice said 20 something (I don't remember the exact number). Again...I was annoyed, picked up the phone again and the voice said "2012." I still didn't think anything of it and hung up the phone.

Then I heard a great rumbling sound and a huge wave came crashing on the house. I ran towards the back of the house and then fire came sweeping through. I felt myself being burned up and die.

Then I woke up. As soon as I woke up I realized those numbers must have been a date for the end of the world. So that would be December 20 something 2012. Like I said, I don't know that I believe it. What I can say is I have never had such a vivid dream in my life. I'm not sure if I heard about all the 2012 stuff before the dream, but the next day when I mentioned it to my friend he said that's when the Maya predicted the world would end and I didn't remember it at the time. Weirdness.

I read something that was to do with Mayas and it mentioned that they predicted the end of the world because a certain cycle in their calendar was coming to an end. A massive tidal wave was supposed to destroy nearly everything on the land supposedly.Basically every civilisation predicts the end of the world at some time and none have been right yet.......that we know of.......atlantians.....lol.

We wont know until december 2012, I think I read that it was supposed to happen on the 12th.Anyway I don`t think we need to worry lets just live our lives. thumbsup.gif

I will go and read that book again and find out more....... thumbsup.gif

in 1999 lots of people decided that the end of the world was coming, or the millenium bug was going to destroy us all. One family from London gave up their jobs and homes and moved to a remote farmhouse in Wales so they could live off the land. Bet they feel silly now tongue.gif

I think these predictions are interesting but there's no point taking them seriously.

Also, I'm not sure what "the end of the world as we know it" means? After all, there must have been lots of times in History whan the nature of our existence changed... huh.gif

the jehovah's witnesses first said the world would end in 1914. when this didn't happen they said they must have made a mistake and that it was actually 1925 when the world would end. once again proved wrong, they just conceded and said "the world will end when it damn well pleases,"...in so many words of course laugh.gif

I'm not going to let it happen...Well not as long as I am alive anyway.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

If the world ends, then whats the big woop? why do you people fear death? Either it all ends,or we move on to a higher plane .. if you bet on one or the other theres no way to lose

i dont beleve all that "the world's gonna end" crud. i read once that the world was gonna end tomorrow, did it? i dunno tomorrow isn't here yet... but any way thats all B.S.

Umm... whats excatly supposed to kill us all in 2015???

Oh lots of things. Meteors showers. Asteroid impact. Comet imact. Moon being pulled down to Earth. World loosing orbit around the sun. Giant solar flare destroying the Earth. Machines turning against humans. WW3...

Take your pic.

I always wondered about these end of world predictions from ancient civilizations, funny they never saw the end of their civilization coming not even a "Hey Look there's Cortes!" w00t.gif