Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questioning self "Realization"

Himalayan Mystic

I would propose that the self is intertwined with everything therefore if you are aware of everything then you are aware of yourself.

Could you give me an example of how your foster your spiritual nature?

how i foster it? i just pay attention to it. i'm very aware of it as separate from my self. it's just that simple for me. not sure if you're wanting me to give you a play by play on 'what i do' to validate it.

.my point was that you said you don't need rituals. I think everyone including yourself has their own unique rituals .

I have begun to move away from rituals myself. While I love them and find they bring me peace & serenity, along with balance, the rituals I've engaged in in the past feel empty to me. Maybe this means I'll move on to some other kind of ritual, maybe I won't, but as another poster said, self is constantly changing, so what served the old self does not necessarily serve the emergent self.

• Like 1

.my point was that you said you don't need rituals. I think everyone including yourself has their own unique rituals .

i didn't say i don't need rituals. i said the journey is not the rituals

people forget that. they think that it's all about the performance of certain rites or ceremonies etc. religion is the biggest offender of that in my opinion, but many who spend most of their time meditating and fasting think that is what it means to be spiritual. hell maybe it is for them. i never found it to be all that useful.

i don't perform deliberate rituals designed to bring me to a different or higher consciousness. if that happens it's in the course of just being and experiencing every day things in a more spiritual way.

the one thing i ask myself when faced with a decision or a problem i must overcome is

how does this serve me (my spirit) in my journey?

this is something some may consider a ritual, however i just see it as taking stock

Edited by JGirl

Hi Jgirl. i think we agree on this subject. a ritual doesnt have to be religious in nature or an incantion. I use it in he broadest of senses. for example when i want to feel at peace and inspire my imagination, i go outside at look at the stars through my telescope. since i do this on an almost nightly basis, i consider this to be one of my rituals. I get your point on rituals changing, I no longer take part in orgabnized religion or use drugs.

And meditating isnt as ritualistic as you would think. I dont sit in lotus position humming, lol. I just lay down close my eyes, and my mind takes me many places :)

• Like 1

Even many new-agers insist upon ritual, and that it be done in very specific ways, so that it becomes as dogmatic as any other religion. As if spirit cares which direction is called in first, or what items are on the altar, or that everyone chants the same words at the same time. Intention is everything, in both the physical and metaphysical. As for higher or non-ordinary consciousness, the goal isn't to attain it during specific, limited events or activities, but to let it move into and illuminate and inform the ordinary moments of our daily lives, because that's where we spend most of our time and where maybe we need the most help.

• Like 2

I met a master......! He seemed glorious and enlightened

I could not grasp everything...............

Core concepts i gathered were that at the energy level the energy of a person should become completely flexible ,pliable and exhuberant,

Till energy travels and expressess through all chakras nothing is blocked and it becomes easy to maintain any posture,

The emotions are too become intense And should be allowed to happen,no resistance,emotions are also the same root energy

The source of phenomenal energy is at the root of spine in the perineal region

we need to develop the ability to recieve grace .there needs to be enough space and stillness

The methods should be kept to urself for a long time till u have the result,

We need to observe ,follow and practise silently ,regularly for a certain amount of time(seems to take a long time at least for me)

Make no conclusions ,observe without thinking ,just pure observation as if u dont know a thing ,also it also seems to happen that whatever i thought regarding anything in the world it appears to be just the beginning,changes and continuous insight happens.

Debates and argument will only make false conclusions the genuine interest and objective should be to find the core reality.

For my past sins i slowly resolve past issues by trying to reach states of unconditional acceptance,and love .Seeking forgiveness for all wrong i did and forgiving those who seemed to be wrong at that time,Till more and more issues resolve and, it is quite clearly felt the blocks clear and can be experienced ,

I try every possibility but the progress needs to be a little more ..............

i try to find out a little more time to time ,

to be little more than i am right now,

i seek to know if its all true or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and how much is true..............

Many claim to know who knows ..........! but if i find out my life will have its purpose...........

I hope it helped you understand my world view.

Words are inadequate, often, to convey understandings between individual minds, whose data and processing evolves from individual exeriences

In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life.

Hi Mr Walker,

Thank you again for your sincere reply.

I find, however, that words aren't really the issue. We have enough words to convey the sublime and the Void. More data is the key. Unfortunately, many gurus, teachers, saints, priests, and pilgrims have not experienced or survived death, enough to tell about it. Death cuts through the chaos of things, interesting to say. For example, you said, "In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life." Our individual "story" is merely a reaction to what's in front of us at every given moment. This ever-unfolding stimulus (that begs to get some kind of reaction from us) comes to the moment from far beyond. I, myself, do not know where it comes from. Some say that it's a domino effect, since the beginning of time. Nevertheless, our "story," our reaction, is not us. When you die, you will leave all the things behind. Memories of your collective reaction (including your past lives' memories) will stay on in the afterlife. For how long? That is up to you. We have a choice to enter the process of Nirvana. The purpose of Nirvana is to erase or delete everything to let the true consciousness of God out. God is only one, is it not? ...merging into Godhead.

Again, we are not the "story," collective reaction. After my resurrection, I constantly choose to play the "story" of Paul, but Paul died in 2000, if you will. The being inside this flesh is beyond Paul's reactions. This "awakened" being watches the play of God in this world, in everything, and having "fun" with It, at the same time.

We all have that eternal being inside our configuration.

Rom 8:11 ... if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Peace.

Paul

=======================

"You know as well as I do that the DEAD don't stay interested in us living people for very long. Gradually, gradually, they lose hold of the earth...and the ambitions they had...and the pleasures they had...and the things they suffered...and the people they loved. They get weaned away from earth -- that's the way I put it, weaned away. And they stay here (the Void) while the earth part of 'em burns away, burns out; and all that time they slowly get indifferent to what's goin' on in Grover's Corners.

They're waitin'. They're waitin' for something that they feel is comin'. Something important, and GREAT. Aren't they waitin' for the eternal part in them to come out clear?

And what's left when memory's gone, and your identity, Mrs. Smith?" THORNTON WILDER'S OUR TOWN

Edited by braveone2u

Hi Mr Walker,

I find, however, that words aren't really the issue. We have enough words to convey the sublime and the Void. More data is the key. Unfortunately, many gurus, teachers, saints, priests, and pilgrims have not experienced or survive death, enough to tell about it. Death cuts through the chaos of things, interesting to say. For example, you said, "In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life." Our individual "story" is merely a reaction to what's in front of us at every given moment. Thi ever-unfolding stimulus (that begs to get some kind of reaction from us) comes to the moment from far beyond. I, myself, do not know where it comes from. Some say that it's a domino effect since the beginning of time. Nevertheless, our story, our reaction, is not us. When you die, you will leave all the things behind. Memories of your collective reaction (including your past lives' memories) will stay on in the afterlife. For how long? That is up to you. We have a choice to enter the process of Nirvana. The purpose of Nirvana is to erase or delete everything to let the true consciousness of God out. God is only one, is it not?

Again, we are not the story. After my resurrection, I constantly choose to play the story of Paul, but Paul died in 2000, if you will. The being inside this flesh is beyond Paul's story. This "awakened" being watches the play of God in this world, in everything, and having "fun" with It, at the same time.

Rom 8:11 ... if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Peace.

Paul

=======================

"You know as well as I do that the DEAD don't stay interested in us living people for very long. Gradually, gradually, they lose hold of the earth...and the ambitions they had...and the pleasures they had...and the things they suffered...and the people they loved. They get weaned away from earth -- that's the way I put it, weaned away. And they stay here (the Void) while the earth part of 'em burns away, burns out; and all that time they slowly get indifferent to what's goin' on in Grover's Corners.

They're waitin'. They're waitin' for something that they feel is comin'. Something important, and GREAT. Aren't they waitin' for the eternal part in them to come out clear?

And what's left when memory's gone, and your identity, Mrs. Smith?" THORNTON WILDER'S OUR TOWN

We have words but words are linguistic constructs designed to communicate other mental constructs or physical things experienced. Where two peole have no similar knowledge of something, then shared constructs and words do not exist.

SO in a way you are correct. It is an insufficiency of shared data which makes it hard to share words. But if we could link minds I could transfer all my knowledge to your mind and you could do the same for me.

I disagree with you very fundamnetally on the nature of our interaction with the universe around us. Our present moment exists physically separated from the past and the future. In it we can choose to think, to do, and to be, anything we wish. We can be informed by our past and our imagination of the future, but we are not not tied, or physically linked, to either. I write my own story and have done so from the age of four when i recognised my internal consciousness for waht it was and tok control of it That story has many elements, past present and future There is one physical stream which i weave through the universe, but there exist myriad alternative pasts and futures which i am fully conscious of, having created and lived in them (using my consciousnes to do so)

I have also "created" the physical reality i live in now, although there exists an indepnedent physical reality which would go on without me But my own actual reality,, including the lives of thousands, would have been different if i had not existed or if i had chosen to make alternative decisions at an time in my life.

I dont know what happens when we die Because our mind is an organic based construct, i suspect it ceases to exist as we are aware of it. And yet i know, for example, that my father s past consciousnes is stored in a place where i can access through my slef aware consciousness, even though he is no longer aware, or continuing his story, having died. So i suspect that, when i die I will be gone but that those still living will be able to access and communiate with the stored memories of my consciousness. This experience is it is a bit like living in /accesing an interactive virtual reality video game of the dead persons story/life.

None of that is a particular concern of mine. My role is to weave an especially bright thread in the tapestry of life by changing myself and the lives of others for the betterm, making the world a better place and giving as many peole as i can increased potentialities in their life..

Yes we are god, and yes it is fun, but also to me it is a grave responsibilty, because who I am, and how i act, matters; and changes the universe for better or for worse. A god cannot be a bit player in the story of his life, he must become a genuine protagonist, because he can..

No, god is not only one. God is all.

On the other hand; all are one, and so you might be correct also; god is one.

This is my understanding of "self" of 'god' and of "life", and hence how i chose to play "the game."I particularly enjoy playing by the rules of calvin ball.

Edited by Mr Walker

Hello Mr Walker,

["SO in a way you are correct. It is an insufficiency of shared data which makes it hard to share words. But if we could link minds I could transfer all my knowledge to your mind and you could do the same for me."]

["I disagree with you very fundamnetally on the nature of our interaction with the universe around us."]

It's good to disagree...in writing. It makes reading interesting. Keep in mind that I didn't say this world doesn't exist -- on the contrary. This world exists in the "now," every moment. If you are aware of it, it is your reality at that moment. It is the reason why spirituality is about being in the now. Even in the afterlife, we still have the right to choose, BUT it is not up to us to get our wants and needs satisfied. It's certainly not up to me to find my way back to this planet. I DON'T HAVE A MAP. LOL.

This world is its own reality, even though it is also ephemeral. That is the precise deal about living in this world. No "thing" lasts forever, and yet, we are able to accumulate memories. That's truly amazing, don't you think? Believe it or not, you will remember your past lives once you enter the Void, and I'm not talking about the "Ethereal Realm." Total recall will happen...among other "invisible" reactions. We, on the other hand, are not a thing. We are not even "light" or energy. In the end, everyone will find out about this collective truth. There is also no future. The past also doesn't exist anymore, unless it's still ongoing; therefore, that particular "past" is really not past tense but actually still present.

We are not "one" (linked?) as long as we still hold on to our unique "awareness" (i.e. memories) -- philosophical speaking. Again, the power which moves our puppet body is the "one," but is it right to call everyone a God, with a capital "G"? Frankly, it doesn't matter to me. I'm so busy enjoying my life, playing Paul, the matrix. I love falling in love to even think about worshipping my neighbors -- as if. LOL. In the end, Nirvana is the process of erasing these memories. Unfortunately, death is the only road to Nirvana, contradicting the popular belief of Nirvana via meditation. Nirvana via meditation is merely a dream or sometimes wishful thinking, like the Jim Carey school of "awakening." You wish hard enough...you know the rest. Does it make it so?? Perhaps. Maybe. It's very limited, notwithstanding. One is always haunted by uncertainty. "Did it really happen??" A real "awakening" has an element of otherworldly -- without going into details. It doesn't happen very often, let me put it this way.

[I dont know what happens when we die]

Exactly. We'll go from there because death is truly something else.

Peace.

Paul

P.S. I find the following quite profound because one really has to hate one's life in this world for one to choose the process of Nirvana, and I, for one, don't see the logic of losing my unique "awareness," and believe me, I've gone through a lot in this lifetime alone, and yet, I still find this world a blessing in which to be:

Jn 12:24 (NIV) "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

In my humble opinion, "eternal life" is being one with God because a person doesn't have to start all over again. Reincarnation is being born in the flesh...being a baby again, over and over, through out eternity. It's one of the consequences of not being merged with God.

After death, a soul will go through a major decision making. God is so loving and compassionate that It knows one's sincere desire, what's really in one's hearts... In the Void, a person will remember everything, and why he or she keeps on choosing to come back to the world of the senses. To hate the world is to want to escape it. I still like living in this world, in spite of everything. Plus, I've never met a real Christian who hates this world. LOL. Besides, the body doesn't last forever. Reincarnation??

Just sharing.

Hi Mr Walker,

I find, however, that words aren't really the issue. We have enough words to convey the sublime and the Void. More data is the key. Unfortunately, many gurus, teachers, saints, priests, and pilgrims have not experienced or survived death, enough to tell about it. Death cuts through the chaos of things, interesting to say. For example, you said, "In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life." Our individual "story" is merely a reaction to what's in front of us at every given moment. This ever-unfolding stimulus (that begs to get some kind of reaction from us) comes to the moment from far beyond. I, myself, do not know where it comes from. Some say that it's a domino effect, since the beginning of time. Nevertheless, our "story," our reaction, is not us. When you die, you will leave all the things behind. Memories of your collective reaction (including your past lives' memories) will stay on in the afterlife. For how long? That is up to you. We have a choice to enter the process of Nirvana. The purpose of Nirvana is to erase or delete everything to let the true consciousness of God out. God is only one, is it not? ...merging into Godhead.

Again, we are not the "story," collective reaction. After my resurrection, I constantly choose to play the "story" of Paul, but Paul died in 2000, if you will. The being inside this flesh is beyond Paul's reactions. This "awakened" being watches the play of God in this world, in everything, and having "fun" with It, at the same time.

Peace.

Paul

=======================

Edited by braveone2u

For me to accept your pov would require an act of faith which runs counter to all my personal experiences. I am not psychologically capable of such acts of faith.

So I do not believe or disbelieve you, but suspend judgement until i know better/more than what I know now. I do find it intriguing, and because my pov is based on my own fairly unusual experiences, I am more physically accepting of your own experiences and interpretations than some might be. Ie. I do not deny the physical reality of them in your life, and hence your understanding of their meanings..

For me to accept your pov would require an act of faith which runs counter to all my personal experiences. I am not psychologically capable of such acts of faith.

So I do not believe or disbelieve you, but suspend judgement until i know better/more than what I know now. I do find it intriguing, and because my pov is based on my own fairly unusual experiences, I am more physically accepting of your own experiences and interpretations than some might be. Ie. I do not deny the physical reality of them in your life, and hence your understanding of their meanings..

Hi Mr Walker,

Spirituality is our individual journey, after all. We have to follow what's true in our hearts. I don't even have to tell you this because you already know. Besides, I'm merely sharing with you my journey to the best of my knowledge. Some people might even say, "He hasn't achieved Nirvana, why should I listen to him!" On the other hand, I know for a fact that no one alive today has achieved Nirvana; otherwise, that individual wouldn't be here. I guarantee it.

Peace.

Paul

• Like 1

We may all have an eternal spirit, but we also have bodies; we are here in the physical plain. IMHO, I'm not here to transcend this physical existence and move on to something better, I'm here to enjoy it, to experience love & all the other emotions, to witness beauty, acts of compassion, and sacrifice I like the golden thread analogy, Mr. Walker. I believe life on this planet is far richer and more complex than most people experience and I feel privileged to catch a glimpse of that beautiful, living tapestry. Some day my body will be useless, my spirit/consciousness may or may not move on, but until then, I firmly believe that life on this beautiful planet we call our mother is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, gift that we have been given.

• Like 1

Is it so small a thing

To have enjoy'd the sun,

To have lived light in the spring,

To have loved, to have thought, to have done;

To have advanced true friends, and beat down baffling foes

(From the Hymn of Empedocles by Matthew Arnold)

I hear you, Beany. I also know that you have come to realize and accept the harsh and ephemeral nature of this world, as well, through your many posts. Unfortunately, many religious people I've met only want to see the "bright" side of things. Life is the total shebang, the ultimate ride. Thing is, I believe that everyone in this world has already experienced the process of Nirvana...and it's really an ongoing situation, for everything in this world, I believe, is geared to push us there over and over -- for us to eventually accept the inevitable "Oneness," even if it takes zillions of lifetimes. Perhaps it's the reason why we were afraid of the dark when we were children? It's a primordial fear. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep..."

Peace.

Paul

============================

Jn 12:24 (NIV) "The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

"...And yet, Lord God almighty, most holy and most merciful Saviour, deliver us from the bitterness of eternal death. You know the secrets of our hearts..."

Yeah, life can be harsh, especially when we aren't solely in control, i.e. when we're young, ill, physically bullied, etc. It also hold ineffable beauty, as well. For me, heaven/nirvana is an internal state. I believe we were born with it, and our journey is to lose touch with it and rediscover it. And that re-discovering it doesn't have to be an arduous, pain-filled adventure, although if we go looking for it externally that's pretty much what's likely to happen. To look inward, to believe in and see one's own grace and worth, to know that we need not repent, atone, or scourge or cleanse ourselves, that our spirit/soul is just as bright and beautiful as it was when we were children, that is a challenge.

Thanks for introducing me to the verse from Arnold. I've never seen it before, it's beautiful and it touched me.

For me, heaven/nirvana is an internal state. I believe we were born with it, and our journey is to lose touch with it and rediscover it. And that re-discovering it doesn't have to be an arduous, pain-filled adventure, although if we go looking for it externally that's pretty much what's likely to happen. To look inward, to believe in and see one's own grace and worth, to know that we need not repent, atone, or scourge or cleanse ourselves, that our spirit/soul is just as bright and beautiful as it was when we were children, that is a challenge.

Thanks for introducing me to the verse from Arnold. I've never seen it before, it's beautiful and it touched me.

You are most welcome, Beany.

Life is not always bad, but when it's bad, it's really HORRIBLE. For most people I personally know, the older they get, the more complaints I hear...and I'm being polite. Sad to say, life has no shortcuts. The poison has to run its course. Going inward doesn't cut it all the time. I know, too well. Plus, I've seen enough of "those" people in the ashram circuit to know what I'm saying. Yes, one has to face the "devil" at times. Fortunately, there are angels around. I have recently started praying again. Actually, the prayers came out naturally this time.

My soul is reaching out, not hiding out.

Unfortunately, the "doesn't have to be" doesn't exist in this world, no matter how much we wish for it to be. A line from ALIENS (the movie) comes to mind: "What do you expect us to use man, harsh language?" Reality, in-yer-face or not, is not theory, nor is it hypothetical. It's a happening. Now. True, one always has a choice to look inward, but one simply cannot stay there for a long time. More often than not, boredom will smack a person in the head. And boom, one is back in the miasma of daily living. Therefore, while we are alive, in this world, Nirvana is unreachable, for one is NEVER free in this world. It just is. Also, accepting is not freedom. True freedom is effortless. Decay is the nature of the flesh. Show me a true "free" human being (who doesn't complain about anything or eat or go to work to pay bills or long for human affection or take medications to survive), and I'll show you a corpse.

"...to know that we need not repent, atone, or scourge or cleanse ourselves..." Well, you must have worked on yourself for a long time to have reached that level of thinking. How many people have time and access to reach that level? Practically, everyone I know goes to work with overtime -- or starve. I even have homeless friends. Most people in the city don't have that luxury, I don't think. If I had not worked on myself, I would have believed that I was cursed. You have to know my life's story to know what I'm talking about. Speaking of Jonah...

I definitely disagree with you that simply "going inward" is Nirvana, but it's okay to disagree. You have the right to believe in your conclusion. Thing is, even though my Nirvana seems so profound to me, I still prefer keeping my "collective awareness" intact. I have come to love the many stories of my being, and Paul is just one of the many stories that stretch back in time. Again, you have to know my collective story to know where I'm coming from on this. To go through the process of the Nirvana I'm talking about is to erase, destroy all those stories, for God is one (final story). Not 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.

God is one, according to the Bible. It's so simple that it's deadly...to other stories. It is a jealous God, after all. On the other hand, we have free will. We also have a powerful tool, which is choice. We can always choose to help each other out. We, including disembodied entities, are all in THIS together, literally. We may not be free, but we have our humanity to really work on. It's a collective effort. Mark has recently commented on that, by the way.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u

• 2 months later...

What is the self? what is the ego?

what is awareness?

What is the self? what is the ego?

what is awareness?

You can look up ego for a technical definition. Self is the inner realisation of conscious existence. Humans have a level of self awareness from an early age, which makes them consciously aware of their own inner being. it is often called, "The I inside" We can clearly identify self and non self, from about the age of 2 to 4. Almost everything else about human sapience flows from that realisation .

Awareness is the CONSCIOUS realisation of the self. When you first hear/become consciously aware of, your inner voice/stream of consciousness be it monologue or dialogue, and relaise this is an inner entity over which you have control and direction. You can shape and form it and use associated language skills to exercise thought in many forms. You can extrapolate, predict, judge, compare, diferentiate, analyse, etc., all in your mind but using the same ability to speak which you exercise audibly with your mouth. For this reason it grows and develops in young humans, linked to their growth and development in language facility.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

You can look up ego for a technical definition. Self is the inner realisation of conscious existence. Humans have a level of self awareness from an early age, which makes them consciously aware of their own inner being. it is often called, "The I inside" We can clearly identify self and non self, from about the age of 2 to 4. Almost everything else about human sapience flows from that realisation .

Awareness is the CONSCIOUS realisation of the self. When you first hear/become consciously aware of, your inner voice/stream of consciousness be it monologue or dialogue, and relaise this is an inner entity over which you have control and direction. You can shape and form it and use associated language skills to exercise thought in many forms. You can extrapolate, predict, judge, compare, diferentiate, analyse, etc., all in your mind but using the same ability to speak which you exercise audibly with your mouth. For this reason it grows and develops in young humans, linked to their growth and development in language facility.

well is there a possibility of something beyond the mind and awareness penetrating beyond any thought where its kind of settled and undisturbed?

well is there a possibility of something beyond the mind and awareness penetrating beyond any thought where its kind of settled and undisturbed?

You will have to explain your terms and concepts in more detail for me to be able to answer this. ( I dont really get what you are asking)

You will have to explain your terms and concepts in more detail for me to be able to answer this. ( I dont really get what you are asking)

" We can clearly identify self and non self, from about the age of 2 to 4.

true we feel an identification with something and know this is me ,the self

this self which can do all these complex functions ,learn and analyse,discriminate ,

but i feel this is my mind which i think is the self and my identification of doing all these things being able to do all this is the ego?

For if i cannot do something my ego can get frustrated,my mind will get disturbed and i feel i am disturbed ,what happens is due to identification,and thought patterns and breath patterns get disturbed,

but in actual self realisation and being established in the self the same stimuli will not produce frustration or anger etc as their is freedom from these feelings and tranquil ,undisturbed calmness can possibly be achieved ,with mind focussed at any time,no boredom,no grief but tranquility,joy and uninturripted awareness,

comparing with states of enlightened beings as reference..............??????????

" We can clearly identify self and non self, from about the age of 2 to 4.

true we feel an identification with something and know this is me ,the self

this self which can do all these complex functions ,learn and analyse,discriminate ,

but i feel this is my mind which i think is the self and my identification of doing all these things being able to do all this is the ego?

For if i cannot do something my ego can get frustrated,my mind will get disturbed and i feel i am disturbed ,what happens is due to identification,and thought patterns and breath patterns get disturbed,

but in actual self realisation and being established in the self the same stimuli will not produce frustration or anger etc as their is freedom from these feelings and tranquil ,undisturbed calmness can possibly be achieved ,with mind focussed at any time,no boredom,no grief but tranquility,joy and uninturripted awareness,

comparing with states of enlightened beings as reference..............??????????

Wow My simple (and very personal) answer is this.

Once self aware and understanding the nature of self, one can link ones subconscious and conscious minds; so that one knows that the cause of ones conscious thoughts and actions (eg fear and response) often come from ones subconscious thoughts One can then consciously identify their subconscious thougths and the cause of those thoughts eg what we fear and why. (Or what makes us to become angry and why, or what causes us to love, and why.)

Then/next, one can work to completely control both conscious an subconscious thoughts, via one's conscious will. eg to eliminate fear via understanding of its cause and its nature. With practice, one's self is in indpendent and conscious control of all ones psychological responses and many of our physical ones.

Eg without intellectual/emotional fear, the body has no physiological symptoms of fear. The mind does not panic, and the body does not tremble or prepare for fight or flight, leaving one able to utilise more effective responses to danger from one's intellect. So, getting disturbed or angered is a conscious choice. we are conditioned to these responses and learn them from birth.

BUT! You can chose NOT to get disturbed or angered, and learn how to control, adapt and make other emotional /intellectual chices about your emotional responses. You learned how to get distrubed and angry and you can learn how not to.

This applies to all/every human intellectual /emotional response; from hate/love, to greed/altruism, envy/self esteem, jealousy compassion fear etc.

So you are absolutely correct. It goes by many names, but yes, this is a part of human enlightenment. it could also be called simply a psychological neurological reality of the nature of human thought and awreness if you dont like "mystical" terms. It isn't really metaphysical but a physical reality of the nature of human beings. No one has to live with fear or anger. Love and joy and other positive emotional states of awareness, are alternate states which anyone can enter at will, and by choice, using self discipline and learned responses.

For example, I can pass throughthe death of a person I love dearly without any negative emotions. That doesnt mean i dont grieve or feel loss, but i turn that into productive thoughts such as memories a d feeliings from the times i spent with them As a practical result i am asked to do eulogies for most of my friends families and close colleagues where i put thse thoughts and memories on paper and into words.

I dont blame others for a perosns death or blame them for dying. I feel no anger etc. In part that is beacuse i know that the person wil alwys be with me until I die i can walk withthem and talk withem in my memory and mind.They wil not grow or chnge enymore but who and what they were to me cannot be altered alythough my understanding of them may grow after their death, as i think about them.

Everything i knew and understood about them remains otherwise unchanged and unchanging within me, just as if they were still alive.

I have lost my house and everything e aquired over 50 years including many family treasures and antiques going back two centuries, and a finanacial cost of over $150000, and not had a moment of anger, worry, depression or concern at that loss, because even the most precious possesion is only a material object and its significance (for me) again lies within my memories.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Wow My simple (and very personal) answer is this.

Once self aware and understanding the nature of self, one can link ones subconscious and conscious minds; so that one knows that the cause of ones conscious thoughts and actions (eg fear and response) often come from ones subconscious thoughts One can then consciously identify their subconscious thougths and the cause of those thoughts eg what we fear and why. (Or what makes us to become angry and why, or what causes us to love, and why.)

Then/next, one can work to completely control both conscious an subconscious thoughts, via one's conscious will. eg to eliminate fear via understanding of its cause and its nature. With practice, one's self is in indpendent and conscious control of all ones psychological responses and many of our physical ones.

Eg without intellectual/emotional fear, the body has no physiological symptoms of fear. The mind does not panic, and the body does not tremble or prepare for fight or flight, leaving one able to utilise more effective responses to danger from one's intellect. So, getting disturbed or angered is a conscious choice. we are conditioned to these responses and learn them from birth.

BUT! You can chose NOT to get disturbed or angered, and learn how to control, adapt and make other emotional /intellectual chices about your emotional responses. You learned how to get distrubed and angry and you can learn how not to.

This applies to all/every human intellectual /emotional response; from hate/love, to greed/altruism, envy/self esteem, jealousy compassion fear etc.

So you are absolutely correct. It goes by many names, but yes, this is a part of human enlightenment. it could also be called simply a psychological neurological reality of the nature of human thought and awreness if you dont like "mystical" terms. It isn't really metaphysical but a physical reality of the nature of human beings. No one has to live with fear or anger. Love and joy and other positive emotional states of awareness, are alternate states which anyone can enter at will, and by choice, using self discipline and learned responses.

For example, I can pass throughthe death of a person I love dearly without any negative emotions. That doesnt mean i dont grieve or feel loss, but i turn that into productive thoughts such as memories a d feeliings from the times i spent with them As a practical result i am asked to do eulogies for most of my friends families and close colleagues where i put thse thoughts and memories on paper and into words.

I dont blame others for a perosns death or blame them for dying. I feel no anger etc. In part that is beacuse i know that the person wil alwys be with me until I die i can walk withthem and talk withem in my memory and mind.They wil not grow or chnge enymore but who and what they were to me cannot be altered alythough my understanding of them may grow after their death, as i think about them.

Everything i knew and understood about them remains otherwise unchanged and unchanging within me, just as if they were still alive.

I have lost my house and everything e aquired over 50 years including many family treasures and antiques going back two centuries, and a finanacial cost of over $150000, and not had a moment of anger, worry, depression or concern at that loss, because even the most precious possesion is only a material object and its significance (for me) again lies within my memories.

Seeking continues................but Mr Walker u really do try to help others may Shiva bless you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect ur wisdom and intention..........:)