Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was my mental conversation real?

hadeschica97

I was outside this morning, walking around my yard, when all of the sudden I swear I heard my friend's voice. The last time i heard from this friend was late saturday night. He lives in Louisiana, he used to go to school with me. I jumped when i heard him say my name. It felt as if he were standing right in front of me, we were somehow having a mental or telepathic conversation. I would like help to figure out how this happened and if it was real.

• Like 2

You could call and ask him, or you could get back on your meds and make the voices disapear again.

• Like 2

I would think that a true mental conversation would be in your own 'mental voice'. As in, the only way you could tell it wasn't you doing the thinking is because the thought or message wasn't intended. I have always thought this is how true telepathic or mental conversing would go, but I don't know.

I just know that would make me jump, too.

Are you the same guy from the other thread who was diagnosed with schizophrenia, but chooses to ignore the doctor's advice?

Several times in my life I've heard my name called out, "Ron!", in my head when there was no one around. It never sounded like my inner voice. I don't know why this has happened, as it never lead to anything special happening. I'm not interested in psychic abilities, so I just figured it was just something within my own psychology, or a crossed wire in my brain.

The origin of thoughts (internal voice) is usually out of our conscious control. What our subconscious is thinking about at any moment is unknown to us until it decides to place its thinking into our conscious mind.

This circumstance is kind of nice, as it relieves us from having to consciously invent our thoughts all the time, so we can get on with what's really important.

• Like 1

He's only made one post so I wouldn't think so.

I've had people think I said something that actually I was only thinking. I have also picked up on what others were thinking. That's how I caught someone cheating.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I am going to have to think this one over!

I was outside this morning, walking around my yard, when all of the sudden I swear I heard my friend's voice. The last time i heard from this friend was late saturday night. He lives in Louisiana, he used to go to school with me. I jumped when i heard him say my name. It felt as if he were standing right in front of me, we were somehow having a mental or telepathic conversation. I would like help to figure out how this happened and if it was real.

first of all, ask yourself what the likelihood is that suddenly out of the blue you are able to receive telepathic messages.

then give yourself a shake, and forget about it.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, I've had a bit of this kind of thing.. Though I'm deffinately no expert in the matter, I only have theories..

I tend to think that when one's higher self is communicating it's using your own voice.. (inner self=inner voice)

& that when other people or entities are communicating to you they're using what sounds like their voices.. (Other voices = External Telepathy or Clairaudience)

Over a couple of years, (have no idea why) there were several weeks where upon waking every morning I would hear what sounded like 30-50 people all talking at once, a chatter. Each episode lasted perhaps a 4-5 days, and there would have been about 4-5 episodes of this over two years.. The voices lingered for a few seconds, could never single out one voice, but they were heated discussions..

Also, kind of rare though, I've said things out loud of the blue, out of character, in my own voice but have known It wasn't me talking? That's kind of weird.. Yesterday, watching Greek riots on TV I said "ohhhh the Insanity" then realised "Hah, the person who said that was not me and was a hell of a lot older & wiser in conviction?"

Anyhow, these things are not some mental disorder or "medication" caused thing in some cases imo. It's not some craziness or onset of schizophrenia.. Some people love to box these kinds of unexplained things into disorders or illnesses but the truth of the matter it's just something we dont understand, a mystery.. The way I figure it, if it aint causing harm, there's nothing wrong with you..

• Like 1

I really dont know why people reply to these topics with complete and utter rudeness. If you down right dont believe in anything other than yourself eating a burger, then why are you in the 'psychic abilities' forum?

and to hades, have you spoken to your friend since? If you can remember the right time and date, maybe you could see what he was doing at the time and see if they were having high emotions at the time? Emotions create energy within our brains, some people more than others (infact its proven that some people turn on lights, or brake electrical appliances when even the slightest bit happy or sad, they are collectively Known as SLIders - Street Light Interference Phenomenon, although the name is given as with most people it is noticed when walking down a street and street lights go on, or off ) But this proves that we can effect the world around us, even if some people believe we cant. Seeing as he is your best friend, i assume you spend alot of time with him, and this can cause your energys to almost.... be at the same frequency. Like when twins are in the womb, and they come out and grow up together and can know what the other is thinking or feeling even when miles apart.

Goodluck to you! Keep us updated!

• Like 4

I really dont know why people reply to these topics with complete and utter rudeness. If you down right dont believe in anything other than yourself eating a burger, then why are you in the 'psychic abilities' forum?

i think this comment is rude, so there ya go

i can't speak for anyone else's responses to this post, but i don't feel mine was completely and utterly rude at all. that is a drastic overstatement in any case, regarding anyone's post on this thread.

in my case it's usually not because i don't believe in the phenomenon, it's that i don't believe the story.

that is my right, and it's also my right in this forum to say so.

personalities being as diverse as they are in this world, i don't see any real problem with respect to how people post here. if you are truly as offended as you say you are, then use the report button rather than complaining.

I've had this happen myself. Don't know how or why, just that it has. Could be hallucinatory, could be real, but it's always a little unsettling when it happens. Following up with your friend might provide some insight.

i think this comment is rude, so there ya go

i can't speak for anyone else's responses to this post, but i don't feel mine was completely and utterly rude at all. that is a drastic overstatement in any case, regarding anyone's post on this thread.

in my case it's usually not because i don't believe in the phenomenon, it's that i don't believe the story.

that is my right, and it's also my right in this forum to say so.

personalities being as diverse as they are in this world, i don't see any real problem with respect to how people post here. if you are truly as offended as you say you are, then use the report button rather than complaining.

I was not even talking about your comment. You obviously thought i was.... I was talking about the people who were saying she was off her meds and such. You have a right to think i was rude, as i had the right to say that i thought they were rude, so as you said

"if you are truly as offended as you say you are, then use the report button rather than complaining."

I was not talking to you personally. You wrote stuff which said everyone has a right to say what they like... as i just did, and then you complained about me writing what i thoughT. So really... you are against your own rules.

• Like 1

OP, what else was said as you say "we were somehow having a mental or telepathic conversation" which would indicate more than one word used.

Have you contacted your friend about this, because if they say they had the same experience then obviously it would have been telepathic, otherwise you may have heard someone with a similar voice calling to someone with the same name as yours, the fact that the voice was similar could have triggered the memory of your friend.....similar to smelling a particular perfume may remind you of a particular person.

I was not even talking about your comment. You obviously thought i was.... I was talking about the people who were saying she was off her meds and such. You have a right to think i was rude, as i had the right to say that i thought they were rude, so as you said

"if you are truly as offended as you say you are, then use the report button rather than complaining."

I was not talking to you personally. You wrote stuff which said everyone has a right to say what they like... as i just did, and then you complained about me writing what i thoughT. So really... you are against your own rules.

i didn't respond as i did because i thought you were singling my post out. frankly i couldn't care less if someone thinks i am rude.

i get very weary of seeing new members complain about the way others express themselves.

it is very simple to report a post rather than comment on the thread about it. you can slice this anyway you like, but that is the motive of my post to you

p.s. they are not my rules

Edited by JGirl

i didn't respond as i did because i thought you were singling my post out. frankly i couldn't care less if someone thinks i am rude.

i get very weary of seeing new members complain about the way others express themselves.

it is very simple to report a post rather than comment on the thread about it. you can slice this anyway you like, but that is the motive of my post to you

p.s. they are not my rules

Im not new... this account is new as i lost my old email address. So im use to how things go on around here.

Quotes from you

" i don't feel mine was completely and utterly rude at all." (1st reply)

"i didn't respond as i did because i thought you were singling my post out." (2nd reply)

as you can see... you change your view to suit your argument. Im done here. I can stick up for people if i feel i have to. Just as you can be rude and close minded if you feel you want to.

The difference is, I was trying to help someone out who made this topic, and it is the first post they have made. Whilst you are sticking up for people who make stupid comments, and then think i was talking about you, as you were obviously not happy with the comment you made.

Good luck.

Im not new... this account is new as i lost my old email address. So im use to how things go on around here.

Quotes from you

" i don't feel mine was completely and utterly rude at all." (1st reply)

"i didn't respond as i did because i thought you were singling my post out." (2nd reply)

as you can see... you change your view to suit your argument. Im done here. I can stick up for people if i feel i have to. Just as you can be rude and close minded if you feel you want to.

The difference is, I was trying to help someone out who made this topic, and it is the first post they have made. Whilst you are sticking up for people who make stupid comments, and then think i was talking about you, as you were obviously not happy with the comment you made.

Good luck.

at the risk of derailing this further, you forgot to quote this:

"i can't speak for anyone else's responses to this post..."

so it only follows that i would speak of my post as example. i am not new to this forum either, and i have made my share of cutting remarks as well as seen others do the same. speaking for myself, as it is the only person i can speak for, i have never made a comment merely to be rude or to troll a poster. if i made a comment it is because i felt moved to do so,

as in the case here. my comment was not saccharine by any means, but so what.

i would never hit the post button on a remark that i was not happy with fyi. you may not see it that way but nevertheless that is a fact.

Welcome to the forum.

For someone like myself, your experience is real. For most of us, it was not.

What will be your choice of perception is anyone's guess.

John

I was in a meeting once, and my mind wandered away from the topic, I was thinking about something else entirely, and asked myself silently, "Would I be able to do facilitate the kind of seminars that interest me?' And the man sitting across from me looked me in the eyes, and said, You can, but it is very difficult and takes a lot of energy." I had to ask the person next to me if I had spoken out loud, because the comment was so pertinent to my thoughts. He looked at like I was crazy. That was the first and only time I've ever had that happen.

i was wondering, how do you know it was your friends voice? im just throwing it out there that ive read quite a few times that some ghosts will mimic a familiar voice of the person to get their attention, although the motive is anyones guess