Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What am I?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    muffin2013

muffin2013

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I have no idea what to call myself, and I probably don't need to have a name for my beliefs, but it would be nice.
Please no bashing, or telling me that I am wrong. I just want to know what category I could be put into.

So....
  • I don't believe in God or a supreme being
  • I don't believe that a supreme being had created us or our world, I believe we were put here or created by extratarrestial life
  • I do believe that nature, human and animals are all connected through vibrations and energy- I'm like one of those people from Avatar the movie lol (I didn't get my belief off the movie though, fyi)
  • I believe in spirits, energies and entities.
  • I believe in an after life, but nothing like heaven or hell. I believe that we go somewhere to "wait" to be reincarnated, but this waiting place isn't anything physical, there is no picture to it.
  • I believe in karma
  • I believe in manifestation and the "law of attraction", we write our own destiny.
  • I believe in chakras and believe that we are spiritual beings with different vibrations. That our physical bodies are just the shells to who we truly are. We are our own Gods.
  • I believe in etratarrestial life

#2    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,320 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

your someone who believes in everything BUT  God?     (lol)  just teasing.    i don't know what to call my self either.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#3    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,626 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

The problem with what to call myself pales in comparison to my urges to want to call or label others, to their detriment, but mostly to mine. And what I say I believe is sometimes contradicted by what I do; I'm working on that. So until I bring my actions into alignment with my beliefs, it doesn't matter much what I believe.

#4    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,889 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Your a Buddhist of sorts I guess, if a label needs to be used.  They believe in all sorts of things, a process, gods and demons without a God, or so it is said.  I doubt the western mind can understand Buddhism really, unless it is lived.

Peace
mark

#5    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

ET-paratheistic?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#6    Philangeli

Philangeli

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• Develop a mind which rests on no thing whatsoever

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postmuffin2013, on 19 April 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I have no idea what to call myself, and I probably don't need to have a name for my beliefs, but it would be nice.
Please no bashing, or telling me that I am wrong. I just want to know what category I could be put into.

So....
  • I don't believe that a supreme being had created us or our world, I believe we were put here or created by extratarrestial life
  • I do believe that nature, human and animals are all connected through vibrations and energy- I'm like one of those people from Avatar the movie lol (I didn't get my belief off the movie though, fyi)
  • I believe in an after life, but nothing like heaven or hell. I believe that we go somewhere to "wait" to be reincarnated, but this waiting place isn't anything physical, there is no picture to it.
  • I believe in karma
  • I believe in manifestation and the "law of attraction", we write our own destiny.
  • I believe in chakras and believe that we are spiritual beings with different vibrations. That our physical bodies are just the shells to who we truly are. We are our own Gods.

From your list of beliefs, I can detect elements of Buddhism, Pantheism, Theosophy and the New Thought movement. I don't think there is a single term to sum them up as you are probably still investigating some of these beliefs and 'trying them out for size'.

Philangeli

Philangeli

“When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.” Huang Po

#7    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,264 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

So....
  • I believe in karma

I agree, at least in part, with all those statements. but i see one form of alien life (the cosmic consciousness) as the being I know persaonally and relate to as god.
Do one of those  online tests on your religious beliefs. I come out as a mix of buddhist, jainist, seventh day adventist (because i chose to live by biblical truths which bring me physical well being and are held in common with adventists) and a few other elements.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#8    muffin2013

muffin2013

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostPhilangeli, on 19 April 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

From your list of beliefs, I can detect elements of Buddhism, Pantheism, Theosophy and the New Thought movement. I don't think there is a single term to sum them up as you are probably still investigating some of these beliefs and 'trying them out for size'.

Philangeli

Oh wow, that sound interesting, I will look those things up :)

#9    H132

H132

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• The reason you don't know the truth is because you don't want to know. And trust me; You really don't want to know.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

So....
  • I believe in karma

It's best not to seek a lebel even when one is found that fit's your criteria. A label is indicative of conforming to a sociological Consortium.  What this means is that as soon as you lable yourself and join a consortium with a universal mindset of beleifs, you tend to stammer off from being your own individual and following that group no matter how their beleifs stray over time.  Remain an individual.  Don't label yourself.  Seek truth on your own terms.

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,863 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

So....
  • I believe in karma
You are SPIRITUAL.

Posted Image

#11    muffin2013

muffin2013

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostH132, on 20 April 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

It's best not to seek a lebel even when one is found that fit's your criteria. A label is indicative of conforming to a sociological Consortium.  What this means is that as soon as you lable yourself and join a consortium with a universal mindset of beleifs, you tend to stammer off from being your own individual and following that group no matter how their beleifs stray over time.  Remain an individual.  Don't label yourself.  Seek truth on your own terms.

You are 100% right, and I was aware of this before I posted my question :)
I guess out of curiosity- maybe we all seek to fit into a social group unconsciously, even though that's the last thing I want to do.  Thank you for the tip anyway and no doubt I will continue to live this way.

On a side note, just fyi anyone that is interested;
these beliefs I hold are from how I have perceived my own experiences, and of research that I have done. A little of it is influence from my mother, who is spiritual and my step father who is Native American. My brother and father are both Atheists. My partner and I get into our conspiracy theories. I question everything :) I never fit in at my previous high school, I'm not a dork or anything, I just feel "seperate" from a lot of people. I am sure if people knew my beliefs they would think I am some weirdo, but meh lol.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

I think its fine to seek a label and to assign labels to other people, so long as we keep in mind that labels are useful but limited tools.

#13    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,863 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 April 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I think its fine to seek a label and to assign labels to other people, so long as we keep in mind that labels are useful but limited tools.
Ya no single label will ever fit a person. Generalized sure, like my post above. But really you would need a combination of hundreds of labels to be close to accurate.

Someone build a pie chart!

Posted Image

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

What labels to I assign myself?  Well, of course I am a human, of Vietnamese nationality and ancestry, well educated and traveled and fluent in a few languages.  Politically I am a Communist but of the more modern sort that tolerates religion and market economics and open economies -- technically much more Leninist/Platonist (support one-party "elite" government and think modern "democracy" is an illusion) than Marxist (don't forsee an upcoming world revolution) flavor.

Now what am I spiritually and philosophically -- the point of this thread?  I think I am a Buddhist, even though I don't believe the Buddha story (except its broad outlines) and am agnostic about rebirth.  The tradition and many Buddhist practices, especially meditation and the monastic movement for certain people and the establishment of refuges (temples) for the public are good traditions.  I think karma is very real, in an objective, practical sense -- if you do evil it comes back on you and vice-versa.

I'm also kinda a Taoist: there is something in the universe that provides beings with sensate natures and ultimately consciousness and free will, and logically this cannot derive from strict materialism (aka physicalism).  However I reject the notion of God -- this "something" is pretty much if not absolutely incomprehensible to us and is not perceivable as a person or as a personality.

#15    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

your an atheist,  a possible buddist,  more then likely your a follower of oprah whinfrey's cult  hahaha....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users