Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who here supports Sitchens theory

MareikuraOAroha

I just wanted to know who here agrees with it and why

I do because it makes more sense (to me) than any other theory. It answers almost all questions and seems quite logical and possible based on the ancient texts and so forth. I have read extensively (thousands and more books) and I like this theory. Our current UFO and alien experiences fit like a glove onto this theory. I love his books and I wish he would write one about "newer" times...jesus etc.

I don't.

Sitchin has been proven to -- if not out and lie about his translations, then be liberal enough with the translations that no-one with serious training in ancient languages credit them.

The existence of a larger-than-Jupiter size planet in an eccentric orbit in this solar system would disprove literally everything we currently know about gravity.

The putative biology of such a planet is at best extremely questionable.

--Jaylemurph

What's the sitchens theory? I've never heard of it. Sorry for being so naive. ^^;;

His full name is Zecharia Sitchin... I've heard enough interviews with him on the radio to allow me to come to the conclusion that he's a kook.

Here's his Web site and you can make up your own mind (and he really needs to get off the front page templates, dang that site is ugly. haha): http://www.sitchin.com/

According to Sitchin's interpretation of Sumerian cosmology, there is a hypothetical planet which follows a long, elliptical orbit, reaching the inner solar system roughly every 3,600 years, called Nibiru (the planet associated with Marduk in Babylonian cosmology). Nibiru collided catastrophically with Tiamat, a hypothetical planet that was between Mars and Jupiter, forming the planet Earth, the asteroid belt, and comets.

According to Sitchin, Nibiru was the home of a technologically advanced human-like extraterrestrial race, called the Anunnaki in Sumerian myth who were called the Nephilim in the Bible. He claims that they first arrived on Earth probably 450,000 years ago, looking for minerals, especially gold, which they found and mined in Africa. These "gods" of the Anunnaki were the rank and file workers of the colonial expedition to earth from planet Nibiru. Sitchin believes that the Anunnaki genetically engineered Homo sapiens as slave animals to work in their gold mines by crossing extraterrestrial genes with those of Homo erectus.

Wikipedia

No, I don't believe his theory at all. It's completely idiotic.

Wikipedia

No, I don't believe his theory at all. It's completely idiotic.

I know, I personally think he's as kooky as Ron L. Hubbard.

The existence of a larger-than-Jupiter size planet in an eccentric orbit in this solar system would disprove literally everything we currently know about gravity.

--Jaylemurph

Going more in-depth.

Assuming that Nibiru could support life, it has to be solid. Coupling that with it's larger than Jupiter size, it couldn't even exist in the Oort cloud without altering the trajectory of Earth, so claiming that such a body could reach the inner solar-system without completely ripping Earth apart is beyond me.

Also, all I've seen Sitchen successfully do is get rich off of people uneducated in the required fields of study to understand how ludicrous the idea is.

Going more in-depth.

Assuming that Nibiru could support life, it has to be solid. Coupling that with it's larger than Jupiter size, it couldn't even exist in the Oort cloud without altering the trajectory of Earth, so claiming that such a body could reach the inner solar-system without completely ripping Earth apart is beyond me.

Also, all I've seen Sitchen successfully do is get rich off of people uneducated in the required fields of study to understand how ludicrous the idea is.

Sitchen and the Sumerians actually state that is a dwarf planet I personally belive and support this theory as when you read a lot of what he has to saya nd what the ancients say it just adds up to me and I believe that there is enough facts to support it unlike religion(no offence) that goes off what people who can heal say and then everyone take it as though they are people who have been put here by god(in most cases)...I just think there is good hard facts to support his theory but thanks for you guys opinions on this and why because it gives a different out look to it and gives both sides of views

I just thought I would also add that another reason why I agree with what he has said that the sumerians have said is because they talk of a giant alien race who were humanoid and today scientists and archaeologists are finding giant skeletons so how could these people have known otherwise and there is must more evidence today to suggest it is all factual

I am not sure if what Sitchen proports is true. But I know one thing "...where there's smoke, there's fire...". HIs theories do have answers for many questions. Whether these are the right answers only time will tell.

I certainly never disregarrd anyone's claims based on evidence like this:

His full name is Zecharia Sitchin... I've heard enough interviews with him on the radio to allow me to come to the conclusion that he's a kook.

When people are labeled like this it just makes them more credible to me sometimes.

Aren't theories supposed to have some supporting evidence? Rather than being entirely made up? (Sitchin interprets Sumerian texts completely differently to everyone else. Every wondered why?)

Might as well ask who supports George Lucas' theory.....

I just thought I would also add that another reason why I agree with what he has said that the sumerians have said is because they talk of a giant alien race who were humanoid and today scientists and archaeologists are finding giant skeletons so how could these people have known otherwise and there is must more evidence today to suggest it is all factual

The problem to agree with it is he does not have the required proof.

On the other hand science is getting like the Church in the middle ages. Anything that is not with accordance with the scinecetists is labled wrong and blasphemic.

I like Stichin. If he is right, I do not know. But what I am sure of is that there is more to our history than the dinosaur fossils. We are not alone in this Space, nor did we invent Life.

Our being is proof that nothing is imposible other than our mind to recognize it.

If humans were made from sand and dust, wouldn't we disintegrate from water?

I'm sorry, but thousands of reports over the span of a millennium is very surprising. UFO reports surface everyday. Aliens exist. Whether Sitchen's theories are correct for false I do not know, but all I know is that they are more accurate then some theories....

If humans were made from sand and dust, wouldn't we disintegrate from water?

I'm sorry, but thousands of reports over the span of a millennium is very surprising. UFO reports surface everyday. Aliens exist. Whether Sitchen's theories are correct for false I do not know, but all I know is that they are more accurate then some theories....

I deffinently do not believe that humans were made of sand and all the rest of the carry on but I do believe in us being a hybrid race created with blood of that of the aliens(Anunnaki) and I agree with you they are more accurate and much more logical with all the facts he presents

I deffinently do not believe that humans were made of sand and all the rest of the carry on but I do believe in us being a hybrid race created with blood of that of the aliens(Anunnaki) and I agree with you they are more accurate and much more logical with all the facts he presents

...so the existence of super- (or at least preter)naturally advanced race from an impossible planet in an impossible orbit genetically modifying hominids for slaves to mine gold to save their atmosphere and then ****ing them, scarpering it all, destroying almost all the evidence and going home, only to have the whole story dug up and mistranslated by an economic historian IS MORE LOGICAL than the scientific model of evolution on Earth?

*shakes head

Oh my. Oh my goodness...

...so the existence of super- (or at least preter)naturally advanced race from an impossible planet in an impossible orbit genetically modifying hominids for slaves to mine gold to save their atmosphere and then ****ing them, scarpering it all, destroying almost all the evidence and going home, only to have the whole story dug up and mistranslated by an economic historian IS MORE LOGICAL than the scientific model of evolution on Earth?

*shakes head

Oh my. Oh my goodness...

Good. I do have a problem with "impossible" though. Please explain what is impossible.

People say it is impossible that there are other lifeforms like ours somwhere in the universe. If it was possible here why not elswhere?

*shakes head

Oh my. Oh my goodness...

You missed out sooo much information in between...I personally think people need to read these things and think about things with an open mind otherwise you will never understand things and you will interpret them wrong because you might think it is rediculous to start with...Everything you said didnt even begin to sum it up it just basically touched on the events but you forgot sooo much information in between so describing it the way you did and missing all of the vital points in between makes it seem as though it is rediculous...And why could it all be impossible you know these ancient civilisations namely the Sumerians, knew soooo much and were soooo advanced and apparently they were primative and not only that but its just like Jesus...People claim they saw this man Jesus heal and all the rest of it and then they all wrote down in this book about everything he said n all the rest of it and yet people believe there was a man called jesus(im not argueing that he wasnt real)and believe in everything he did yet these ancient people say that they saw these aliens and know what happened and they wrote it all down in their language and no one today believes it and why? because it happened too long ago and it seems too far out(to people on earth at this time) to even comprehend or understand because we are told every single day that god made us and we come from Adam and Eve and all the rest of the hoohaaa

Do you lot believe in Noddy and Big Ears as well?

You do realise that the total evidence in support of Sitchin's theory is as follows:

You still think he might be right? And if so why?

Do you lot believe in Noddy and Big Ears as well?

You do realise that the total evidence in support of Sitchin's theory is as follows:

You still think he might be right? And if so why?

thats a waste of a post. well empty barrels an all that.

so where is your evidence that stitchens theory is nil. he quoted a few scriptures and agencys NASA stc, so you show me your evidence.

Good. I do have a problem with "impossible" though. Please explain what is impossible.

People say it is impossible that there are other lifeforms like ours somwhere in the universe. If it was possible here why not elswhere?

Well, "impossible" isn't quite the right word. It's better explained earlier in this thread, but briefly: a planet as large as what Sitchin states (at least the size of Jupiter) would have crushing gravity if were solid (even if it weren't actually). Anything like a man would be crushed in goo on the surface, making it difficult for life like on Earth to evolve. I'm not saying it couldn't evolve its own life, but it wouldn't look anything like Terran life.

Its orbit would be impossible because its gravity would throw several other planets out of their orbits and tear Earth apart whenever/if it got close.

You missed out sooo much information in between...I personally think people need to read these things and think about things with an open mind otherwise you will never understand things and you will interpret them wrong because you might think it is rediculous to start with...Everything you said didnt even begin to sum it up it just basically touched on the events but you forgot sooo much information in between so describing it the way you did and missing all of the vital points in between makes it seem as though it is rediculous...And why could it all be impossible you know these ancient civilisations namely the Sumerians, knew soooo much and were soooo advanced and apparently they were primative and not only that but its just like Jesus...People claim they saw this man Jesus heal and all the rest of it and then they all wrote down in this book about everything he said n all the rest of it and yet people believe there was a man called jesus(im not argueing that he wasnt real)and believe in everything he did yet these ancient people say that they saw these aliens and know what happened and they wrote it all down in their language and no one today believes it and why? because it happened too long ago and it seems too far out(to people on earth at this time) to even comprehend or understand because we are told every single day that god made us and we come from Adam and Eve and all the rest of the hoohaaa

Nope. I've actually read most of his books. I defy you to say my description doesn't accurately portray what he suggests. If I make it seem ridiculous, that's because it IS ridiculous and takes a level of credulity and/or naiveté that borders on deliberate refusal of facts. Speaking of which, I have this nifty bridge right down the street I can sell you for a most reasonable price...

--Jaylemurph

I believe his theories are useful in the determination of the events that led up to the formation of this earth. I don't know that you can pinpoint the exact planetary alignments or formations by using the Sumerian tablets. You can use his references and view the entire solar system as one planet of whatever content it was by the existence of the differing asteroid belts in our solar system. And you can use his idea of a planetary collision, but I multiply the collisions to 4 or 5 separate events. Now, the planet they call planet X or Niburu may or may not be but there are many other ancient writers that share the same idea, but say the planet was destroyed. And we, our own selves, have witnessed the changing of the trajectory of comets by nuclear satellites, much like China has just done with the satellite. We really have no worries about any planet colliding with earth anytime soon, though. It has already happened several times before and just recently, I say recently, it was around 1975-85 that there was witnessed a comet the size of a couple of football fields breaking up over Turkey. If there is planned or in the making another species eliminating event, we just do not have to worry about it. We won't even know what hit us unless we turn on the TV and watch.

Going more in-depth.

That's assuming that there is only 1 way that life could exist. This solar system is the same as any star that you see in the night sky. And there are twin stars. This solar system at one time may have been one giant gas planet with a twin. And somebody said that the revolution of the planet Niburu in relation to this solar system is how many years? Niburu may have collided with another planet long time ago and we have been waiting all this time, all of these ages and eons for it to return while our existence gets smaller and smaller. And we just rely on stories of good times when the gods could fly . . .

Ok, he proposes the Anunnaki were advanced enough to prevent the planet freezing on it's lengthy journey far away from the sun. So they were able to maintain 'Goldilock Zone' conditions.

Sounds good except how did they get that advanced in the first place? They presumably evolved during which time they wouldn't have had the technology to keep themselves from freezing to death :wacko:

Or were they 'created' super smart?

Having read the site I can say I do not subscribe to his fantasy.