Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Donít describe suspectís gender, race, age

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

This is just bizarre, why does it seem that  the people that are most offended by profiling are the ones least likely to be profiled, white bleeding heart liberals. LOL at this people.  How in the hell are police suppose to apprehend a criminal with such minimal description in a city with over 10 million people?

#17    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

i hope it is a joke

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostMichelle, on 19 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

It boggles the mind doesn't it? First the news started trying to leave out descriptions of perps and now New York expects cops not to give accurate descriptions of suspects to each other? :rolleyes:
you don't know the half of it.

my buddy is fd paramedic, when on call,  if he finds out a patient has aids, he can't by law  tell his partner that.

Edited by aztek, 20 June 2013 - 04:18 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#19    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostMichelle, on 19 June 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Talk about a blind justice system. The latest New York City Council push is for police to shut their eyes to a suspect’s gender, race, age and disability, out of concern that such descriptions constitute unfair profiling.
The New York Post reported that police unions are rallying in opposition, putting out a public relations campaign that includes a uniformed and blindfold-wearing officer with the caption: “How effective is a police officer with a blindfold on?”

Read more: http://www.washingto.../#ixzz2Wi5zrHgd
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Sorry, the link somehow ended up in the title if someone would care to fix it.
I almost started a new thread for this, but I kinda hated to, since there have been several threads on the hypocrisy of the law, and I thought it might fit in here. And since you mentioned blind justice:

Posted Image

#20    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Well, lemme see... they are still allowed to say that the suspect is human, or does that constitute species-based profiling?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#21    Big Jim

Big Jim

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

This has been the norm in Cincinnati for quite a while, at least on the evening news.  I don't know about the inner workings of the police dept.  But it's even worse than no profiling at all.  Whenever a crime is reported they will either say "police are looking for a white man..."  or "the suspect is a man...".  Then you know it's a minority they are seeking.  They absolutely refuse to identify a suspect by any race other than white.  It's comical sometimes to see them dance around the issue.  They may go so far as to identify the suspect as "a man with black hair and brown eyes and a dark complexion".  Sometimes they omit gender, referring to the perpetrator only as "the suspect".  They even have the nerve to say "police are looking for the public's help" yet give such a vague description that it could be anyone not currently in the same room with you.  It's no wonder so many crimes go unsolved.

#22    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

well in this age of government tranceparency I guess we can see who the New York city council is looking out for. hint: not the law abiding citizens.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#23    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostBig Jim, on 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

This has been the norm in Cincinnati for quite a while, at least on the evening news.  I don't know about the inner workings of the police dept.  But it's even worse than no profiling at all.  Whenever a crime is reported they will either say "police are looking for a white man..."  or "the suspect is a man...".  Then you know it's a minority they are seeking.  They absolutely refuse to identify a suspect by any race other than white.  It's comical sometimes to see them dance around the issue.  They may go so far as to identify the suspect as "a man with black hair and brown eyes and a dark complexion".  Sometimes they omit gender, referring to the perpetrator only as "the suspect".  They even have the nerve to say "police are looking for the public's help" yet give such a vague description that it could be anyone not currently in the same room with you.  It's no wonder so many crimes go unsolved.

G*****mit someone did something and the police are not happy about it. but we can't tell you any more than that and the police would like your help resolving the issue. More at 11!

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users