Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Venezuela's Hugo Chavez dies aged 58

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16    whitelight

whitelight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

The world lost a Marxist.  It's a good day!

#17    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 05 March 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

I know that many will disagree, but I feel this is a true shame. He was a great man for his people, regardless of opinions, and I am actually slightly in shock by this.

au contraire, i FULLY AGREE....! And furthermore, a lot of the "bad stuff" spread about him will turn out to be spread propaganda. My wife's family is from Chile, and also there, people see him in a completely different way then we do in the US or europe. There really goes an outstanding politician.

#18    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Venezuela have declared 7 days of mourning after his death..

I wonder if we would do the same for our beloved leader Mr Cameron?

Posted Image

#19    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Good riddance.

#20    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not really surprising, given all the health problems he was having it was just a matter of time. As a leader seems like he was a mixed bag. Yes he did some good stuff but at the same time he also did some fairly nasty stuff too. Not as evil as some claim but hardly the white knight that others hold him up as. Personally I think it was his opposition to the US that really divided opinion. There are those who condemn him largely because he went out of his way to attack the US and there are also those who praise him largely because he went out of his way to attack the US.

Hopefully the country can have a peaceful election and smooth transition and focus on building up Venezuela and helping its people.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#21    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,512 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

RIP Posted Image

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#22    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostOverSword, on 05 March 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

If by that you mean the rich get richer and the poor die younger, you are correct.
No, I mean that maybe now Venezuelans will get a chance to advance and create wealth for themselves instead of for a dictator:

Analyst estimates Chávez’s family fortune at around $2 billion

Criminal Justice International Associates (CJIA), a risk assessment and global analysis firm in Miami, estimated in a recent report that the Chávez Frías family in Venezuela has “amassed a fortune” similar to that of the Castro brothers in Cuba.
According to Jerry Brewer, president of CJIA, “the personal fortune of the Castro brothers has been estimated at a combined value of around $2 billion.”
“The Chávez Frías family in Venezuela has amassed a fortune of a similar scale since the arrival of Chávez to the presidency in 1999,” said Brewer in an analysis published in their website.
Brewer said that Cuba is receiving about $5 billion per year from the Venezuelan treasury and in oil shipments and other resources.
“We believe that organized bolivarian criminal groups within the Chávez administration have subtracted around $100 billion out of the nearly $1 trillion in oil income made by PDVSA since 1999.”

Source

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#23    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Somewhere Sean Penn is crying.

#24    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,277 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 06 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

No, I mean that maybe now Venezuelans will get a chance to advance and create wealth for themselves instead of for a dictator:

i serously doubt it.what is combined wealth of our politicians??? i bet a lot higher than 2b chavez had.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#25    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postaztek, on 06 March 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

i serously doubt it.what is combined wealth of our politicians??? i bet a lot higher than 2b chavez had.
What a ridiculous way to try to justify the actions of a dictator.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#26    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Source

Really top notch source there. :tu:

Even if he and his family are super rich, it still doesn't take away from the fact that he was elected 3 times, overthrew an actual dictator, and helped the poor and impoverished of his country more than any other leader of any other country that I know of. A leader who cared about the 99%.

#27    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 06 March 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Really top notch source there. :tu:

Even if he and his family are super rich, it still doesn't take away from the fact that he was elected 3 times, overthrew an actual dictator, and helped the poor and impoverished of his country more than any other leader of any other country that I know of. A leader who cared about the 99%.
Interesting that.  There are STILL countless incredibly poor people in Venezuela, in fact there are more poor people now than before he took over, but somehow he made $2 billion.  If he REALLY had helped the poor, then he should have died a pauper while the poor of Venezuela got those $2 billion.

#28    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,187 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostOverSword, on 05 March 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

years ago I read a post on some consiracy web-site that in the late 50's and early 60's the CIA was doing research in which they had developed a way to give assaination targets a very aggressive form of cancer.  I googled the phrase cia aggressive cancer and this is one of the stories that came up.

http://beforeitsnews...er-2445074.html

If memory serves the cancer was developed with Castro in mind but he was always too wary of a target.
You're not too far off there.

http://latino.foxnew...z-was-poisoned/

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#29    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,646 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 06 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Somewhere Sean Penn is crying.

Good.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#30    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,647 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Source
But if you want to read how Venezuela was before Chavez may I suggest you read confessions of an economic hitman http://www.amazon.co...economic hitman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users