Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 16 votes

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

vincent van gogh jack the ripper serial killers true crime case solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

#301    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,907 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostWhatsinausername, on 12 March 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

If I bought a copy of your book and was left unconvinced would you provide a 10,000% refund?

Yes  ... the refund is he gets to laugh in your face ...

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#302    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,487 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostDale Larner, on 08 March 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

My wheels are steady and I’m driving straight ahead. Not pushing hard, just stating the facts as they are. I’ve done the research. I know the subjects well.

I like humor, but I can’t find why #3 & #4 would seem humorous. Again, I’m simply stating the facts.

It’s understandable that some might jump to the conclusion that train travel was slow and unreliable back then. This could be true for local trains, but not for the express mail trains. They made few stops and sped along from Marseille to Paris and Paris to Calais and Dover to London, and back. The steamers were timed to meet the trains on their arrival at places like Calais and Dover, and the steamers could get across the 21 miles in 90 minutes.

This is not guesswork or speculation. It’s the way it was, and I put the work in to get to the truth. I prefer to work in facts. Bradshaw’s Continental Railway Guide of March 1888 is my source for the train and steamer schedules. Can’t get better than that.

Did the express mail trains carry passengers from Arles to Marseille? How long did your research estimate the journey from Arles to London Victoria take? Please note, this includes the boat times as there was no euro tunnel back then, unless you know otherwise?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#303    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 March 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Did the express mail trains carry passengers from Arles to Marseille? How long did your research estimate the journey from Arles to London Victoria take? Please note, this includes the boat times as there was no euro tunnel back then, unless you know otherwise?

Had to take a local train from Arles to Tarascon—30 minutes. Express train between Marseille and Paris stopped at Tarascon.

The train schedules show it was possible to make the trip from Cannon Street Station in London to Arles in 24 hours. This includes the 90 minute steamer trip across the Channel--quite reasonable, even without a tunnel.

Vincent didn’t mind the travel. He was highly motivated to make his trips to London. Ha!

Thanks,
Dale Larner

#304    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,487 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

No wonder Van Gogh was a bit of a wreck, all that tight schedule traveling (including the waiting times).
I wonder what his schedule would have been:
Pack suitcase with tools for murder, don`t forget the tissues and a change of clothes
Get to Tarascan.
Get the Paris train to gard du lyon,
Get  to gard du nord
Have a cafe au lait
Get the train to Calais
Get on the boat to Dover
Get the train to London
Get from Victoria station to Whitechapel
Find a prostitute
Kill prostitute
change bloody clothes
Get back to Victoria station
Wait for train Dover
Get boat
Have a sh:t on boat
Get train from Calais to Paris nord...........

etc etc etc
Posted Image

When is this book coming out anyway, will you do me a signed copy?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#305    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 08 March 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'll entertain your theories,

August 7, 1888 - Martha Tabram murdered in George Yard Buildings.
August 31, 1888 - Polly Nichols killed in Bucks Row.
September 8, 1888 - Annie Chapman killed in Hanbury Street.
September 30, 1888 - Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes killed at 1:00 and 1:45 am, respectively.
November 9, 1888 - Mary Kelly killed in Miller's Court.

Dale, what online evidence of Van Gogh's movements between early August and early November, 1888 can you direct me to?

Of course, a good place to start is with Van Gogh’s letters, which you can find provided by the Van Gogh museum here: http://vangoghletter...vg/letters.html

Here’s another good source for the letters that has a nice chart based on the dates: http://www.webexhibi...ogh/browse.html

As I’ve noted before about Van Gogh’s letters, you must keep in mind that he rarely dated his letters, and the envelopes with the postmarks were thrown out, so researches have had to estimate the dating. Even so, I present in the book how well the dating matches up to Van Gogh’s travels to London for murder.

I would also note that you won’t find everything you need with a quick look online. Books and other resources are required to get to the truth. You might be smarter and more efficient than me, though, so it might not take you 3 years to do all the research and pull all the material and evidence together.

However, I hope to be able to help you out in this area. I hate to think of others having to spend so much time doing what I’ve already done. I’ve taken all that research and carved out the good stuff and have written a book about it, and if my agent can succeed at finding me a publisher, then you could read the book and see for yourself just how well Van Gogh’s life really does match up to his Ripper murders.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

#306    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostDale Larner, on 24 March 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

However, I hope to be able to help you out in this area. I hate to think of others having to spend so much time doing what I’ve already done. I’ve taken all that research and carved out the good stuff and have written a book about it, and if my agent can succeed at finding me a publisher, then you could read the book and see for yourself just how well Van Gogh’s life really does match up to his Ripper murders.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

Well be sure to let us know when you find a publisher,im skeptic as hell but always enjoy a good book.If you have done your homework half aswell as you have said and can even make one question your theory to be true then it would be worth a few bucks.

Good luck  :tu:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#307    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Honestly, the best thing about a book is its ability to take you to an unknown place for a spell.  I've read thousands of books, some good, some bad, and some that I loathed.  The reason I read is to enjoy the human word.

This book, true or untrue, will be a book that will give me a perspective on an epic, heinous crime, that has captured the attention of millions.

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#308    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

March 30 is Van Gogh’s 160th birthday. He was, of course, a talented and genius painter, but he was also a talented and genius murderer, so I’m unable to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Van Gogh was not as he seems. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

Posted Image

I’ll send my best wishes to his victims instead,
Dale Larner

#309    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostDale Larner, on 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

March 30 is Van Gogh’s 160th birthday. He was, of course, a talented and genius painter, but he was also a talented and genius murderer, so I’m unable to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Van Gogh was not as he seems. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.
If you were only a more convincing charlatan, you might too be considered talented.

#310    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

http://www.astro.com...n_Gogh,_Vincent

There's a summary of his life and his natals for those who have actual interest for his psychological mindfield. Anyone should be able to see why it's at the very least easy to associate him with the murders from that perspective. I've attached his birthchart showing some additional stuff along with the transits of the time when the first murder occurred.

First, his natals.

Mercury in 25th Aries, five degrees away from his Pluto in 0 Taurus. Both are in or near the fixed area which is a more steady energy, and this is also the most practical and worldly area of the zodiac which handles the more immediate and real part of the world. Mercury is our nervous system, the way we are twitchy, and Pluto is our way of cleaning ourselves from any thoughts that hinder ourselves from being true and benefical to ourselves, a planet which drills to our subconsciousness. Pluto could be associated with murder if you project your own pent-up grudges or such to others, and since his Pluto is in the most personal part of the zodiac in personal-collective axis, he doesn't easily see those things from other people's perspectives. That placement for Pluto means he would be able to develop much grudge over any social stigmas like not feeling to have a materially satisfying lifestyle. Mercury coming before Pluto means that he would first talk about anything that'd lead to an increased feeling of grudge or a pent-up anxiety or alike, and then the anxiety itself, Pluto, would come.
These were both in his 10th house so he could had shown these things publicly in some maybe more hidden way way, because Pluto has a tendency to hide itself.

Mars in 26th Pisces, two degrees from Venus in 28 Pisces. Sedna between them. Mars-Venus conjunction usually makes your offensiveness more benign, lazier and can simply take an edge off it. You might think this is not a characteristic fit for a murderer, but it can actually make you always hold back when you're supposed to make a stand for yourself. This kind of repressing of your own self-defense mechanism can lead to all that repressed counter-attack erupting in one single, concentrated and well-handled strike where you can put much focus on. This is in the most subjective part of the zodiac, in the most potentially-volatile part. Absense of fixed energy suggests that he wouldn't hold those tendencies in but let them loose if he wanted, but because the astrological energies are not out of our control, because we can direct them even if we can't turn them off per say, he might've been holding them up afterall. His character having much artistic power suggests to this, because it's a form of higher mental power and fluency, and people with that can direct their astrological energies better, if they choose and where they choose to do so. They might still lack a good direction in life.
Sedna here... that's a planet which hasn't yet gained any really accepted interpretation as far as I know, just myth-based interpretations as far as I've seen, and some good research but not enough, in any case you can't use it in your interpretations too much unless you have at least some insight into how the planetary system works overall. It's a planet further away which makes it's effect more underlying like with Pluto too, that is one thing we can say more reliably about it. The most common interpretations I've seen of it are that A) it gets to the core of things, and B) it's the source of the biggest evils (magi astrology if I remember right). The source of biggest, coremost evils might not mean evils per say, but facing the things we hold most evil, a sort of amoral planet you could say. Something which strips away moralism and bites into the core of ethics themselves as they are in things. Such planet could mean finding very high moral values if you could work with those energies constructively, but it could also mean something very destructive if you reflected troubles you had with those things to the world outside in a more hell-bent manner, as in "I wont face myself in this matter no matter what!".
In short, Sedna coming to play with this conjunction in this particular part of the zodiac, it could very well be part of some larger pattern which he didn't handle internally but chose to extract troubles from it externally, to the world around him.

A more qualified astrologer than me could probably conjure up a book or two about his birthchart and progressions alone, I could do a few pages like this, this is just scratching the surface, even if those two examples might be more meaningful. As a summary of his birthchart alone, I'd say he could very well have what it takes, even though there's no Scorpio. Lots of planets in the first 4th of the zodiac means he was more focused on reality and could have well lacked the same amount of social and higher-trusting sense, lack of sense of humanity. Sun and Moon in fire signs tell of more selfish drives where you can more easily not take others into account, because fire signs are both personal and subjective. That's just the potential downside of them, and all these downsides dont have to be present all the time, but can manifest when you project your troubles onto others instead of handling them more internally. If you repress your will to project them to others long enough, that may create sort of outbursts. Following your instincts is the base theme of the fire signs.

But the transits are what are really a subject of interest in a more initial study at least. Looking at the time of the first murder, on the surface there doesn't seem much that'd fit the case of Van Goch doing it. No transiting planets making any seemingly hard aspects to his natal ones. Just the big row of transiting planets moving in his 1st house, which'd shift the focus to hisself instead of to others. That can be a more selfish time though, as well as a time when you want to have the center of the stage, be the focus of attention.
Then there's Chiron opposing it's natal counterpart, having just come out of the tightest opposition there. Chiron is the planet where we have a tendency to help others, and Chiron opposition could be interpreted as a lack of will to help others, or a conflict in helping others.
Also his natal Quaoar (genius) being contacted by transiting Pluto could spell his genius mind driving to manifest itself in more previously-repressed forms, or for his genius part to work as a channel to handle the underlying issues. The problem here is, both the Chiron and this transit are very generic, everyone who were born three months or so (perhaps 1-5 years) both ways had the same transits going for them, and while I think it's these transits that could have been central in Ripper's murders, whoever he was, it's hard to say whether it was Van Goch or someone near his age. You'd have to look for the whole chart dynamics and how he played out his chart's energies in his life, look that in a more complete fashion in order to gain comprehension enough from this point of view to say whether he fitted the bill. And that'd just mean he'd fit the bill, maybe nothing more. Still, those two transits are pretty evident. Transiting Mars in Scorpio trining transiting Chiron suggests Mars (self-assertion, self-defense through offense, self-survival..) had it's part there, but his 4th house doesn't seem too conflicted nor suppressed to me. I'd expect someone have a problem planet near mars, maybe a conflicted Mercury.. but maybe just a conflicted Pluto in any house, because Scorpio is the ruler of Pluto. Mars would then be just the channel, and Mars being after Chiron in that transit suggests that the heaviest killer-intent was a day or two before the murder. So either the killer prepared oneself for it for that period of time or made a quick decision to travel right off.

Whoever the killer was and whatever the case, the killer had most likely harbored thoughts of murder(s) long before the first murder, having let those thoughts grow and when the killer's life took a turn for the worse or the killer felt of having nothing to lose (not necessarily in a dramatic sense, but just being fed up with things likely), transits gave the last push. Moon and Sun were not far from each other (transiting ones) so the killer had more decisive energies there.

According to that chart it was a full moon during the first murder, moon being near north node.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#311    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,770 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

So you're using ASTROLOGY to say he may have been a murderer?
Good Lord, there's stupid (aliens built the pyramid, aliens are grafitting our cereal crops) and then there's STUPID (Astrology).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#312    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,477 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Just take it to my blog or some other topic if you want to discuss the validity of astrology.. I mean discuss, not just show your extent of brain capacity by throwing only your opinion and nothing more. Can you do that?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#313    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 01 April 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Just take it to my blog or some other topic if you want to discuss the validity of astrology.. I mean discuss, not just show your extent of brain capacity by throwing only your opinion and nothing more. Can you do that?
Contrary to Dale's method of research, this forum is for crimes and by extension law. That doesn't include quackery.

#314    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,477 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

What part of the "dont stray the topic off" you didn't understand? We can discuss the validity of astrology here too but it can take a lot of room, and I doubt you'll have anything other than your opinion, or do you? Or are you some kind of a judge who decides what's quackery and what's not for everyone in this world?

#315    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 01 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

What part of the "dont stray the topic off" you didn't understand? We can discuss the validity of astrology here too but it can take a lot of room, and I doubt you'll have anything other than your opinion, or do you? Or are you some kind of a judge who decides what's quackery and what's not for everyone in this world?
You're just confusing yourself now. You brought up astrology, now you don't want it to be discussed.
Astrology isn't valid in law. Take your own advice and stick to the topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users