Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space-time Jump

hunray

"Space-time Jump" (SJ) Theory to Practice:

Phenomenon: In anomalous dispersion gases, Light Group Velocities travel faster than the speed of light.

Description: During atomic-electron absorbed photon, atomic collided with other particle, the absorbed photon will find a more suitable exit in its original direction of movement.

Explanation: Photon was absorbed by electron and then into Hyperspace (Time can be ignored). Since the entrance been interfered, the exit (similar to the entrance status) had emerged in the photon's original direction. Because without spending time in that dimension, Superluminal phenomenon occurred while Photon returned to the material world (actually, the speed of light is constant). [Fig. illustration for the changing of electron spin angular momentum.]

Full >>> http://hunray.99k.org/SJ-.htm

Edited by hunray

Damn thats interesting stuff!

I think you are talking about a phenomenon commonly known as ``negative group delay''.

While there is still debate on the subject, your solution is ridiculous. How does a particular arrangement of atoms access a different dimension?

It is possible (and not even that difficult) to construct an electric circuit that will emit a pulse slightly before an input pulse was sent into the circuit (see this article, for example).

Would you suggest that the electric signal also went into hyperspace as a result of a specific arrangement of circuitry?

• Like 1

1. How does a particular arrangement of atoms access a different dimension?

A: Disturbance + arrangement of atoms; Let outside forces access a different dimension, but not atoms.

2. Would you suggest that the electric signal also went into hyperspace as a result of a specific arrangement of circuitry?

A: If quantum states of electrons were not similar to each other, Superluminal is capable of being detected.

( [Fig]. notice: SJ-molecule vibration is different with Crystal state.)

Cool! Space-time jumps. Now harness that power, put it into a vortex manipulator from Doctor Who and there you have it :D

• Like 1

Cool! Space-time jumps. Now harness that power, put it into a vortex manipulator from Doctor Who and there you have it :D

There you go

1. How does a particular arrangement of atoms access a different dimension?

A: Disturbance + arrangement of atoms; Let outside forces access a different dimension, but not atoms.

What ``outside forces''? Electromagnetism (i.e. photons) is most definitely confined to our regular 3+1 spacetime.

If electrons (or protons, or whatever) can store energy in a new degree of freedom (i.e. not regular electrostatic potential, kinetic energy, or spin) then a new quantum number can be associated with those particles. If such a degree of freedom existed, the entire periodic table would be significantly changed.

For the superluminal energy transfer that you are suggesting, the electrons have to couple with something in ``hyperspace'' so they can transmit the photon energy to one another.

For this to work electrons would need to have a new degree of freedom (some coupling constant, and at least 2 states related to that coupling).

If we can be sure of anything in physics, we can be sure that electrons have only spin, electric charge, and mass.

2. Would you suggest that the electric signal also went into hyperspace as a result of a specific arrangement of circuitry?

A: If quantum states of electrons were not similar to each other, Superluminal is capable of being detected.

The circuit I linked to is a macroscopic classical circuit operating at a ``normal'' range of voltage and current (i.e. volts and milliamps), at ambient conditions. Quantum mechanics is not necessary to describe its behaviour, and quantum effects are definitely not observable.

The propagation of light in exotic (or normal) materials is dependent on the (complex) dielectric properties of that material; these can be modelled by the (complex) impedance in standard RCL-type circuits.

The ``superluminal group velocity'' of light in particular media that you are describing can be modelled by the group velocities of electric pulses sent into specially-designed circuits (namely circuits where the poles of the complex impedance are in the same relative location as the poles in the complex dielectric constant of the material in question).

If the photon group velocity propagating at superluminal speeds in anomalous materials is related to some crazy new physics, why can simple RCL-type circuits reproduce this behaviour with electric current?

• Like 2

For the superluminal energy transfer that you are suggesting, the electrons have to couple with something in ``hyperspace'' so they can transmit the photon energy to one another.

A: something like Quantum entanglement.

why can simple RCL-type circuits reproduce this behaviour with electric current?

A: RLC circuits have lots of uncertainty. In Nakanishi's case, consider the Electron flow, the output signal could be early than input.

Quantum entanglement does not include energy transfer. What you are suggesting does.

A: RLC circuits have lots of uncertainty. In Nakanishi's case, consider the Electron flow, the output signal could be early than input.

How do RCL circuits have ``uncertainty''? Every component performs reliably within the currents and voltages under consideration.

But anyway, I agree that the output signal happening earlier than the input signal has to do with the current flow.

My point is that because the input-output performance of an RCL circuit can be mapped to the input-output performance of photon transmission in different media when the poles in the circuit's complex impedance are in the same quadrant as the poles in the medium's complex dielectric factor, it seems much more reasonable to attribute the seemingly superluminal group velocity propagation in certain anomalous media as being due to non-linear optics (analogous to the non-linear circuitry for the RCL circuit) rather than some as-yet undiscovered (or at least unverified) quantum ``weirdness''.

To my mind, the ``smoking gun'' which suggests that superluminal group velocity in anomalous media has an ordinary explanation is the fact that energy is not propagated at superluminal speeds; unless otherwise amplified the output signal has the equal or less energy density than the regular-speed propagation of the input signal.

In other words; while it may seem like a pulse comes out of a medium before the input pulse has fully entered that medium, the output pulse is so greatly attenuated that it is perhaps simpler to describe the system as exhibiting some ``non-linear quenching'' of the pulse, rather than somehow speeding up the pulse.

This is compounded by the fact that these behaviours only occur for limited frequencies, and a very limited range of pulse shapes can be fed into these systems.

• Like 1

would there be any point?

I mean, yes, if two quantumly entangled particles were a billion miles apart and you collapsed one to find its spin, then instantly the other collapse would be a KIND of superluminal transfer, but the propagation of information, i.e- finding out, could only be done at the speed of light or less, so what would really be the point?

also, the objects you're sending are massless, or they would break einstein's equations, so while it might be ok to send photons, you couldn't send women or ducks or pencils, so again, what would be the point?

now, if you could find a way to send something with mass, like samosa's, THAT would be interesting!

:-)

1. I have already explained its behavior in the article. (Quantum identity or some cool name you want.)

2. No specification of Resistor-Capacitor in Nakanishi's Circuits, even how its Ground line link...

Edited by hunray

1. I have already explained its behavior in the article. (Quantum identity or some cool name you want.)

You and I seem to have a very different definition of ``explained''.

As I understand it; you are suggesting that an electron absorbs a photon, transfers this energy to another electron within the medium at superluminal speeds, and this second electron then releases the photon.

You suggest that this superluminal transfer of energy happens through ``hyperspace''.

You don't bother to explain how certain arrangements of atoms (namely those in anomalous dispersion gases) can access ``hyperspace'' while other arrangements of atoms (namely those in almost every other material) cannot.

2. No specification of Resistor-Capacitor in Nakanishi's Circuits, even how its Ground line link...

What are you talking about? ``Ground'' is defined as connected to an infinite reservoir at the same potential. There is no need to explicitly draw ground connections in any circuit diagram.

The resistances and capacitances are listed in Table 1 in Nakanishi's paper.

• Like 1

how certain arrangements of atoms (namely those in anomalous dispersion gases) can access ``hyperspace'' while other arrangements of atoms(namely those in almost every other material) cannot.

A: Atomic energy level doesn't match.

{certain Disturbance + arrangement of atoms can let photon access hyperspace.}

Edited by hunray

Back off man. He's a scientist.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 2

Back off man. He's a scientist.

so was harold shipman, but you wouldn't want him looking after your grandma!!

• Like 2

Hyperspace?

I thought that notion is a purely mathematical construct, versus a phenomenon with evidence.

Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying that I have not yet seen evidence for it.

But hey, I'm just a layman.

so was harold shipman, but you wouldn't want him looking after your grandma!!

He was an md, not a scientist. And both my grandmas are long gone.

Still, I get your point :w00t:

• Like 1

A: Atomic energy level doesn't match.

{certain Disturbance + arrangement of atoms can let photon access hyperspace.}

So you are suggesting that an entirely new degree of freedom is only accessible to gauge bosons of the electromagnetic field, and only accessible in media with a particular Fermi energy?

I guess it is a coincidence that RCL circuits exhibit analogous behaviour?

What about mesoscale metamaterials (like the ones described here, for example) which operate in the microwave regime? Here the group velocity of photons is also superluminal, but these materials are micron scale structures made from regular dielectrics and metals. Do microwaves go through ``hyperspace'', and if so how can a metal and teflon device printed on fibreglass and ceramics have the right atomic energy level (when each component individually seemly does not)?

Finally, I guess these guys are totally wrong in their conclusions?

He was an md, not a scientist. And both my grandmas are long gone.

Still, I get your point :w00t:

scientists are.... doctors....?

(see what I did there)

:-D

Its all beyond me.

you are not alone ... :tu:

all I know is :

486047_564998383524313_773396164_n.jpg

• Like 1

So you are suggesting that an entirely new degree of freedom is only accessible to gauge bosons of the electromagnetic field, and only accessible in media with a particular Fermi energy?

Do microwaves go through ``hyperspace'', and if so how can a metal and teflon device printed on fibreglass and ceramics have the right atomic energy level (when each component individually seemly does not)?

1. Yes, you got it. (only if an object exceed the speed of light.)

2. Microwaves photon can go through hyperspace, and you might search "microwave / radar absorbing material".

(i.e. Composite ferrite, silicon carbide, organic polymers, carbonyl iron, silicon carbide fibers, carbon fibers, organic polymer...)

Edited by hunray

1. Yes, you got it. (only if an object exceed the speed of light.)

Well the subtext to my statement was a sense of incredulity, which has not gone away.

2. Microwaves photon can go through hyperspace, and you might search "microwave / radar absorbing material".

(i.e. Composite ferrite, silicon carbide, organic polymers, carbonyl iron, silicon carbide fibers, carbon fibers, organic polymer...)

I guess ``hyperspace'' is a very fickle thing, eh?

Microwaves don't exhibit superluminal group velocities when travelling through copper.

Microwaves don't exhibit superluminal group velocities when travelling through teflon.

BUT, when a microwaves of the appropriate wavelength travel through a composite made of the appropriate micron-scale metal and teflon structures, they exhibit superluminal group velocity.

According to the scientists who built these devices, this behaviour is predicted by Maxwell's equations and the Kramers-Kronig relations; causality is not violated, and superluminal energy and/or information transfer does not occur. (Also, quantum mechanics is not necessary to explain this phenomenon.)

According to you, however, the microwaves go into ``hyperspace''. You are actually suggesting that a structure large enough that you could easily examine it with a microscope (or even a good magnifying glass), operating at room temperature under standard pressure, somehow can access ``hyperspace'' - but only when arranged ``just so'' - and only for a very narrow bandwidth of microwaves?

If the electrons in this system are actually able to radiate electromagnetic radiation through hyperspace, why doesn't the atomic structure of these systems totally collapse?

The standard arrangement of electrons around an atom (1s2, 2s2, 2p6, etc.) is ONLY due to electromagnetic fields being confined to 3+1 space-time, and electrons having only a 2-level spin degree of freedom. If you allow something extra, the electrons will rearrange themselves dramatically.

• Like 1

My apology, I thought you were asking this. (I don't know what that means)