Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

No Such Thing As Aliens On Earth Unless.....

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#136    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,375 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostTime Spy, on 22 July 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Believing or not believing in the unknown givens of the infinite will not substantiate anything more than an opinion.  There are life forces out there with energy signatures that are intellectually far beyone complex brains, while understanding space time and the Universe in ways we can't comprehend.  Moving throughout empty space is a moments notice, even if we can't explain it happens, believe it or not, so what?  There was no beginning for these subjects and there will be no end.  I realize that just agravates the human mind.   Nevertheless, we should get over it and look to the future.

Nice Sci-fi story. You should write a book.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#137    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 22 July 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Nice Sci-fi story. You should write a book.

cormac

HUH HUH , oooohhh yeaaah,  been there and done that alright.  I spent six years after the loss of my wife while raising a child on my own and working nights at the same time..  I thought you knew.  The book is called TIMEDRIVE.  It stands for a Telescopic Infrared Multilaser Enhancing Delta Ray Integrated Video Emitter.  Nothing can be hidden from the eye of time.   Anywhere, anything. anytime, anyhow, no ifs ands or buts, so help you God, the truth and nothing but it, while toggled like a video game by the day, month, year, century.... with the flick of switch, enabling the user to focus clearly upon a moment in time. Video presentation takes place in a three dimensional theater while assimilated as being inside a giant golf ball.   You sit at center vertex in the eye of the camera as everything happens around you in a perfect portrayal of a portrait of the past.  A multiquadrant panaramic camera enables the operator to zoom in on the scene while portrayed throughout this thirty foot inverted plasma dome screne.  The question is simply in fact , what do you want to know, and where do you think you can go.  

http://books.google.com/books?id=ruynNwAACAAJ&dq=Timedrive&hl=en&ei=N2oaTcb2AomvnAfysZDTDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA

#138    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,375 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostTime Spy, on 22 July 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

HUH HUH , oooohhh yeaaah,  been there and done that alright.  I spent six years after the loss of my wife while raising a child on my own and working nights at the same time..  I thought you knew.  The book is called TIMEDRIVE.  It stands for a Telescopic Infrared Multilaser Enhancing Delta Ray Integrated Video Emitter.  Nothing can be hidden from the eye of time.   Anywhere, anything. anytime, anyhow, no ifs ands or buts, so help you God, the truth and nothing but it, while toggled like a video game by the day, month, year, century.... with the flick of switch, enabling the user to focus clearly upon a moment in time. Video presentation takes place in a three dimensional theater while assimilated as being inside a giant golf ball.   You sit at center vertex in the eye of the camera as everything happens around you in a perfect portrayal of a portrait of the past.  A multiquadrant panaramic camera enables the operator to zoom in on the scene while portrayed throughout this thirty foot inverted plasma dome screne.  The question is simply in fact , what do you want to know, and where do you think you can go.  

http://books.google.com/books?id=ruynNwAACAAJ&dq=Timedrive&hl=en&ei=N2oaTcb2AomvnAfysZDTDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAA

Yeah you mentioned having written a book in an earlier post. A nice piece of fiction, your book. Sadly at some point it appears you lost track of were fiction ends and reality begins.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#139    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 22 July 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Am thinking the bold portion above should actually read "auditory" since even deaf people (for example) can feel vibrations from their surroundings.

cormac

Excellent point.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#140    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 22 July 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

ok foget the sound thing...

do yall think these other life forms that breathe methane evolved limbs? and how?

Absolutely. How? Natural selection and gene flow via transference of the frequency of alleles in biological genomic material. The same way life anywhere evolves.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#141    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 22 July 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

{qte}
cormac
It's possible. And perhaps in ways similar to how life evolved on earth. It's just as possible that there is silicon based life out there. But it's really ridiculous to assume that the conditions that existed on earth in order for life to evolve means that the entire universe has to be the same. There's no valid reason to believe that that's true.
cormac
{qte}

to evolve and thrive as complex life forms like us

i dnt believe thats its any other evolved intelligent complex life forms out there
nothin close to eartlings

jus simple bland life forms barely movings

i dnt think any other life forms out there have limbs, a complex brain or mouths

And that assertion is baseless; and as a biologist I am 99.9999% certain you are wrong.

It's far more reasonable for me to say that it's possible that we're alone in the universe; since, in this context, possible seems to be coming across as "low-percentage chance".

Edited by Arbitran, 22 July 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#142    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostArbitran, on 22 July 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

Absolutely. How? Natural selection and gene flow via transference of the frequency of alleles in biological genomic material. The same way life anywhere evolves.

limbs for what?

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#143    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 06 December 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

limbs for what?

What the hell are you talking about?

#144    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,156 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well like they say if there`s life out there you would`nt want to know in what forms:)  However Seti says the neigborhood  is very quiet:)

#145    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 05 January 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Well like they say if there`s life out there you would`nt want to know in what forms:)  However Seti says the neigborhood  is very quiet:)

That's not what I say at all. And SETI, while a noble effort, is immensely limited in its search. The time in which an alien civilization would be expected to broadcast signals like those that we are capable of detecting is monstrously brief; there might be civilizations very nearby, but our means of searching are so primitive, and we have begun our search so recently, that it comes to no surprise to me whatsoever that we have not yet conclusively discovered extraterrestrial civilizations. And when it comes to finding life in general, non-technological, non-civilized life... well, that's even harder to find.

#146    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Im not sure why u think something has to have a brain to function. Jellyfish
dont have brains or bones for that matter and are still intelligent on a base level

Edited by kajiwara, 30 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#147    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,368 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Postkajiwara, on 30 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Im not sure why u think something has to have a brain to function. Squids dont have brains or bones for that matter and are still intelligent on a base level

Cephalopod Brain Terminology

Richard E. Young, Michael Vecchione, and Katharina M. Mangold (1922-2003)

A ventral view of this brain and the optic lobes can be found here.

J. Z. Young, the leading authority on the cephalopod nervous system in the latter half of the 20th century, divided the cephalopod brain into two regions: the supraesophageal mass and the subesophageal mass. These regions are joined laterally by two regions, the basal lobes and the dorsal magnocellular lobes. This arrangement suggest the ancestral brain was formed from two partially-circumesophageal cords that included the middle and posterior subesophageal masses and that these were fused dorsally with a third cord, the supraesophageal mass. The supra- and subesophageal masses further connected by the cerebro-brachial connective that runs between the anterior regions. The latter connection involves the anterior subesophageal mass and the superior buccal lobes. In decapodiforms these lobes are well removed from the rest of the brain and suggests that either they were not part of the original circumesophageal chords or formed a separate more anterior cord.

References

Young, J. Z. (1971). The Anatomy of the Nervous System of Octopus vulgaris. Claredon Press, Oxford. 690pp.
Young, J. Z. 1965. The central nervous system of Nautilus. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B, 249: 1-25.
Young, R.E. 1967. Homology of retractile filaments of vampire squid. Science, 156(3782):1633-1634.

http://tolweb.org/ac...ogy?acc_id=1944

http://ocean.si.edu/giant-squid

Edit: Additional reference.

Edited by Swede, 30 March 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#148    kajiwara

kajiwara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I meant jellyfish..I edited my post just not quick enough it seems

#149    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postcsspwns, on 08 July 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

the intelligent aliens out there (if there are any) would probably have intelligence around our level or they would have contacted us by now. either tat or their shy or maybe even hostile and planning to atk us when we are at our weakest meh.

I hate arrogance like this, suggesting mankind is the pinnacle of scientific advancement. Chances are alien life is much more advanced than us, why would they want to make contact with a baby civilisation? We abuse each other, the planet and the wildlife - we probably look far too primitive for an alien civilisation to be interested in making contact.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#150    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostSwede, on 30 March 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Cephalopod Brain Terminology

Richard E. Young, Michael Vecchione, and Katharina M. Mangold (1922-2003)

A ventral view of this brain and the optic lobes can be found here.

J. Z. Young, the leading authority on the cephalopod nervous system in the latter half of the 20th century, divided the cephalopod brain into two regions: the supraesophageal mass and the subesophageal mass. These regions are joined laterally by two regions, the basal lobes and the dorsal magnocellular lobes. This arrangement suggest the ancestral brain was formed from two partially-circumesophageal cords that included the middle and posterior subesophageal masses and that these were fused dorsally with a third cord, the supraesophageal mass. The supra- and subesophageal masses further connected by the cerebro-brachial connective that runs between the anterior regions. The latter connection involves the anterior subesophageal mass and the superior buccal lobes. In decapodiforms these lobes are well removed from the rest of the brain and suggests that either they were not part of the original circumesophageal chords or formed a separate more anterior cord.

References

Young, J. Z. (1971). The Anatomy of the Nervous System of Octopus vulgaris. Claredon Press, Oxford. 690pp.
Young, J. Z. 1965. The central nervous system of Nautilus. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B, 249: 1-25.
Young, R.E. 1967. Homology of retractile filaments of vampire squid. Science, 156(3782):1633-1634.

http://tolweb.org/ac...ogy?acc_id=1944

http://ocean.si.edu/giant-squid

Edit: Additional reference.

I DONT REMEMBER SAYING U NEED A BRAIN TO BE "ALIVE" .......HOW DO YALL KNOW THAT WE ARE EVEN "ALIVE" ?W E WILLNVR FIND ALIENS....WE WILL NVR LIVE ON ANOTHER PLANET BESIDES EARTH BECAUSE WE WASNT MENT TO. WE WILL NVR GO PAST THE MOON AS HUMANS BECAUSE WE WASNT MENT TO.....WE ARE EARTHLINGS IF U CALL WAT WE ARE... LIVING.... LIKE I SAID WE WILL NVR FIND ANYMORE EARTHLINGS OUTHERE

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users