Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nature/God

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I would like to post a topic on GOD,
Do I believe in GOD, I like to think I do, but I’m not to sure.
Only place I have studied GOD and religion was back in school.
There may be supernatural forces at work, or its just NATURE bringing order and balance to the world.
But over the years, I have basic theorized that NATURE is GOD.
NATURE aka GOD, made all animals, including humans with a brain. Since we have brains, we can decide on ourselves. Humans and animals can decide when to eat, what to hunt, where to go to school etc etc. But all the other things in the universe, without a brain, is assisted with NATURE/GOD. For example NATURE/GOD decides which way and how hard the winds blows, also NATURE/GOD decides when and where it will rain. NATURE/GOD even decides it if the pregnant woman is having a boy or girl, and so on and so on.
In a holy book, it states, GOD is one, GOD is the creator, GOD is without fear and without hate. GOD is immortal. GOD is neither born and nor does GOD die.
GOD is indescribable, inestimable, indubitable, infallible, intangible, imperishable, immutable, immortal, immaculate, immanent, unconquerable, unique, formless, fearless, deathless, timeless, ageless, compassionate, omnipresent and creator of all. Spirit, soul and body, all belong to GOD.
GOD created all beings, animals, birds, creatures, including humans.
GOD is formless. GOD is beyond gender and shape. GOD has no form, no shape, no colour. GOD is beyond these three qualities.

As I kept on reading (over and over) the way region describes GOD, I felt in some sense, they were describing NATURE.

There is even a saying.. “NATURE has a mind of its own” Maybe this is where GOD fits in..

Well if I were to believe in GOD, then I think, that the thing that is all around us, (NATURE) is GOD
Science calls it NATURE, religion calls it GOD

Posted Image

#2    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostKevinT, on 09 January 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I would like to post a topic on GOD,
Do I believe in GOD, I like to think I do, but I’m not to sure.
Only place I have studied GOD and religion was back in school.
There may be supernatural forces at work, or its just NATURE bringing order and balance to the world.
But over the years, I have basic theorized that NATURE is GOD.
NATURE aka GOD, made all animals, including humans with a brain. Since we have brains, we can decide on ourselves. Humans and animals can decide when to eat, what to hunt, where to go to school etc etc. But all the other things in the universe, without a brain, is assisted with NATURE/GOD. For example NATURE/GOD decides which way and how hard the winds blows, also NATURE/GOD decides when and where it will rain. NATURE/GOD even decides it if the pregnant woman is having a boy or girl, and so on and so on.
In a holy book, it states, GOD is one, GOD is the creator, GOD is without fear and without hate. GOD is immortal. GOD is neither born and nor does GOD die.
GOD is indescribable, inestimable, indubitable, infallible, intangible, imperishable, immutable, immortal, immaculate, immanent, unconquerable, unique, formless, fearless, deathless, timeless, ageless, compassionate, omnipresent and creator of all. Spirit, soul and body, all belong to GOD.
GOD created all beings, animals, birds, creatures, including humans.
GOD is formless. GOD is beyond gender and shape. GOD has no form, no shape, no colour. GOD is beyond these three qualities.

As I kept on reading (over and over) the way region describes GOD, I felt in some sense, they were describing NATURE.

There is even a saying.. “NATURE has a mind of its own” Maybe this is where GOD fits in..

Well if I were to believe in GOD, then I think, that the thing that is all around us, (NATURE) is GOD
Science calls it NATURE, religion calls it GOD

I like your concept of God, and tend to agree apart from a little of my own meaning also.

Question for you. Now if you beleive God is Nature, then Do you beleive Nature/God, is a force with consious 'thought'. Does Nature really have a mind of its own, or is Nature/God an automatic thing based on course and effect?

Kind Regards,
Me :)

Posted Image

#3    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think you have a good grip on things... I like how you describe God... sounds good to me ;)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#4    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I think we can contemplate god forever and never figure it out completely, but in doing so we get ever closer to that mysterious 'truth'...

Edit: I say that in response to ideals question. But I know she was asking you.... just my little imput I have all kind of theories though...

Edited by SpiritWriter, 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#5    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Please accept my apologies for not agreeing with you.
No, Nature is not God. God commands nature which is at God's beck and call. Nature does not have a mind of it's own. That may be a saying, but it is not found in scripture. God is a being, a personality, and has a form. Man is an image that looks like God.

I hope you will learn to discern that anything outside scriptures is not divinely inspired from God to us and is fuller, deeper and richer in understanding God than anything other source. Don't fall for Greek Mythology which had a different god for every aspect of nature.
God bless

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostCopen, on 10 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Please accept my apologies for not agreeing with you.
No, Nature is not God. God commands nature which is at God's beck and call. Nature does not have a mind of it's own. That may be a saying, but it is not found in scripture. God is a being, a personality, and has a form. Man is an image that looks like God.

I hope you will learn to discern that anything outside scriptures is not divinely inspired from God to us and is fuller, deeper and richer in understanding God than anything other source. Don't fall for Greek Mythology which had a different god for every aspect of nature.
God bless

Im sorry but I dont agree with you. God is in all things... gods word is not only the bible but all of creation.. religion has been used to take god away from people to some degree.. its is a manipulation tactic by the rulers of the church so that they could get rich off of you and make it so we dont ask any questions that they wanted us to believe god was contained in a tiny book... I know god very well and there is waay more to him (which is also her, I dont always bring that part up, but I did with you right now to ruffle some feathers, dont be mad ruffled feathers arent bad.) Than that... way more to god.. way more

#7    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Im not saying god doesn't command nature though... ;)

#8    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,266 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm reaching that same conclusion myself, although when I think of nature I think of everything in the natural world, including galaxies, black holes, subatomic particles, etc. I think of it as intelligent energy, and that maybe god was conceived as a way of explaining it. While I personally doubt that god's words are contained in the bible, I don't there's too much distance between god being present in all creation and god being creation. Could they be the same? Is the major difference that of semantics, maybe?

#9    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

According to the Bible God can indeed be seen in nature: "[Since] what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." Romans 1:19,20 The verse in context is Paul explaining that even though this it is true God is revealed in nature, man would rather worship nature itself, man himself, or other idols rather than God.

Most Biblical theologians would say that nature is an incomplete revelation of God; you can see power in a hurricane, beauty in a flower or love between a mother animal and it's offspring and that may tell you something of God's divine nature, but not all. Scripture says that Jesus is the embodiment of God and as such we learn more about the nature, love, grace and power of God through Him than by studying nature.

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form" Colossians 2:9.

"Philip said to [Jesus], “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" John 14: 8,9

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23 (Quoting the prophet Isaiah)

#10    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostBeany, on 10 January 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

I'm reaching that same conclusion myself, although when I think of nature I think of everything in the natural world, including galaxies, black holes, subatomic particles, etc. I think of it as intelligent energy, and that maybe god was conceived as a way of explaining it. While I personally doubt that god's words are contained in the bible, I don't there's too much distance between god being present in all creation and god being creation. Could they be the same? Is the major difference that of semantics, maybe?

Myself included Beany, To me Nature implys(IMO) ALL that is. How can a galaxy not be... natural lol.

But I see how one must make that clear. It is very easy to say nature, and only mean the nature of earth.

However as my belief is everything is ONE.. I can't say god is IN creation... he is creation. He is you and I, the birds the bees, the flowers and the trees, the moon up above... Oh yes, and that thing called Love. lol

But as we are expeciencing ourselfs as well ourselfs, then the saying can be he/she is IN all creation.

I agree that of semantics may be the Key...

Kind Regards,
Me :)

Edited by The Id3al Experience, 10 January 2013 - 01:45 AM.

Posted Image

#11    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

According to the Bible God can indeed be seen in nature: "[Since] what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." Romans 1:19,20 The verse in context is Paul explaining that even though this it is true God is revealed in nature, man would rather worship nature itself, man himself, or other idols rather than God.

The translation you are quoting has changed the meaning of that verse from the KJV of the Bible, which is older and endorsed with many revivals.

"...the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." You can look at nature and see his attributes in nature but you can not see in nature if the Godhead is One or one hundred in the Godhead. "Are clearly seen" is the present tense and it says we are presently seeing His eternal power and Godhead from the account of the creation of the world in Genesis. There male and female were created with a brain, where there is continual impulses of power -- an image the Holy Spirit; and a heart (image of God the Father), and body of flesh, (image of Jesus Christ). They show the Godhead is Triune by looking at the account of Creation. They are separate and separate functions yet they are united inseparable. The flesh is in them and they are in the flesh.

Spirit Writer: It's alright that you don't agree with me. But I was just thinking - - - - - - I agree that God is everywhere; He is inside His children reading their minds. Nature is not.
I don't believe God's word is in all creation or in any of creation. All creation shows God's handiwork and we marvel and glorify Him that He is so intricate beyond man's imagination and the beauty in nature is unsurpassed by any handiwork of man's. But we can only know Him through His word. Jews are the only ones who have been appointed to take God's holy inspired dictation. That gives us discernment about false religions who say the Judeo/Christian Bible is corrupt and their version is correct. The Bible says that God's words are pure words refined in the fire and God promises that HE will keep them. That is proof that God is not going to let His word be lost or corrupt. Thank God man is not left with that awesome responsibility.
God bless us all is my prayer.
Nytol

#12    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

I like most of what you said.

View PostCopen, on 10 January 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

The translation you are quoting has changed the meaning of that verse from the KJV of the Bible, which is older and endorsed with many revivals.

"...the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." You can look at nature and see his attributes in nature but you can not see in nature if the Godhead is One or one hundred in the Godhead. "Are clearly seen" is the present tense and it says we are presently seeing His eternal power and Godhead from the account of the creation of the world in Genesis. There male and female were created with a brain, where there is continual impulses of power -- an image the Holy Spirit; and a heart (image of God the Father), and body of flesh, (image of Jesus Christ). They show the Godhead is Triune by looking at the account of Creation. They are separate and separate functions yet they are united inseparable. The flesh is in them and they are in the flesh.

Spirit Writer: It's alright that you don't agree with me. But I was just thinking - - - - - - I agree that God is everywhere; He is inside His children reading their minds. Nature is not.
I don't believe God's word is in all creation or in any of creation. All creation shows God's handiwork and we marvel and glorify Him that He is so intricate beyond man's imagination and the beauty in nature is unsurpassed by any handiwork of man's. But we can only know Him through His word. Jews are the only ones who have been appointed to take God's holy inspired dictation. That gives us discernment about false religions who say the Judeo/Christian Bible is corrupt and their version is correct. The Bible says that God's words are pure words refined in the fire and God promises that HE will keep them. That is proof that God is not going to let His word be lost or corrupt. Thank God man is not left with that awesome responsibility.
God bless us all is my prayer.
Nytol

Blessings to you too copen. Thankyou for the scripture verse in that version I like it a lot. I agreed with most of what you said but I do hsve to say that I dont think god was absent from the rest of the world when he was revealing himself to the isrealites. God imparted wisdom throughout, because the scriptures have made it so far I feel that we should not disregard them but discern them in our spirit and let god speak to us direct. God speaks to us in many ways not only by reading the bible, in fact it is better to hear directly from god. I see god as a multiplex and I see us as his people evolved, not just jews but all mankind with something to offer each other. We can learn from the greek mythz, the hindus the buddist, native american cultures etc.. as long as we use discernment and are connected to god. To be honest the more I read about other cultures the deeper my relationship with christ became. God speaks to us all and his story hasnt changed its just become broader as we as a people are being united... times are changing. God is still real and wants a relationship with us, he is not descriminating, nor has he ever discriminated, but cross culturally he hasnt been viewed the same in all eyes. I think it is a disservice in some cases to stick to the old teaching just because there is bigotry and control from a higher power (not god but man) glorified in the text and I do think it was purposefully done by religious leaders. I think the text has been preserved but siphered through, rearranged, cut up, with the purpose of seperating man from ourselves, hating each other, and making god far away from us when really hes so near....

But at the same time I appreciate the traditional teaching because it does perform some very necessary purposes, as do other extreme organizations. I say all work together for the good...

Much love . Peace

#13    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,503 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

And the necessary purposes I speak of is having a structure that introduces and teaches this religion and its application, to know christ and be transformed into his image...

#14    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 10 January 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

We can learn from the greek mythz, the hindus the buddist, native american cultures etc.. as long as we use discernment and are connected to god.

discern what from what? And how do you discern?

#15    dan-paul-mark

dan-paul-mark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

i tend really not to have an opinion on such things, however what i would like to know is how that christains and other people in religion often use the human eye as an argument saying how can such an intricate amazing and beautiful thing not have a designer. they believe that such a thing could not be spawned from nothing. this is fair enough however i find it hard to percieve as how is it anymore likely that the idea could be spawned from nothing in the mind of a designer? would ike to know oppions on this if anyone has one that could enlighten me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users