Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged]96-year-old Indian 'is world's oldest father'

ramajit raghav

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

He could well be 96... My great  ( and late ) aunt Mary died at 106   and I kid you not, but everyone believed she looked in her early 80's .and she was a good 26 years older than what they thought ..When they were told 106  going on 107..they did seem rather surprised.. and she still had her wits about her ..   Looking younger.. she put that down to olive oil every day and a good diet..  ( meat and veg ).. Kept active as much as possible

I have no doubts a 96 year old man who is fit and well could father a child BM. :)

My doubts are the accuracy of his age keeping, whether he has a birth certificate etc. I lose track of my age and I am not even half as old as this guy, without confirmation of what year I was born I could be well of the mark by the time I reach my seventies, let alone my nineties as well as being able to exaggerate my age with no proof that I am not bending the truth.

There have been a good few 'I am the worlds oldest' claims that have not been recognised for various reasons, this may well be one of them. Seeing as I have brought it up though the next time I see a picture of him he will probably be holding his birth certificate.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#17    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Well that's what happens when we hold it for too long, stuff becomes potent.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#18    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

This man wouldn't be the first old timer to father a child.  It happens more often than we hear about.  There are a lot of cultures that will marry their young daughter off to old men and men can perform till their last breath.  the problem usually lies in the quality of his sperm, the older the parents are the higher the chance of genetic problems.  But this guy seems to be on to something with the fruit and the butter and whatever the heck he eats.

So, you go boy!!  Its all good.

Edited by Lava_Lady, 18 October 2012 - 02:32 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#19    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I have no doubts a 96 year old man who is fit and well could father a child BM. :)

My doubts are the accuracy of his age keeping, whether he has a birth certificate etc. I lose track of my age and I am not even half as old as this guy, without confirmation of what year I was born I could be well of the mark by the time I reach my seventies, let alone my nineties as well as being able to exaggerate my age with no proof that I am not bending the truth.

There have been a good few 'I am the worlds oldest' claims that have not been recognised for various reasons, this may well be one of them. Seeing as I have brought it up though the next time I see a picture of him he will probably be holding his birth certificate.
it could be tat he is 96 but the baby is someone elses...

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#20    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

when the child is 18 he'll be a spry 114

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

My point was not to say - Oh no doubt he can father a child.. My point was that he could well be 96 and look younger.. hence why I mentioned my great aunt who looked over 20 years younger  and she was 106....   I don't know if he did father the baby for sure.. He could be covering for someone else?    I don't know and don't care...I just hope the kid has a decent life regardless

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 October 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

My point was not to say - Oh no doubt he can father a child.. My point was that he could well be 96 and look younger.. hence why I mentioned my great aunt who looked over 20 years younger  and she was 106....   I don't know if he did father the baby for sure.. He could be covering for someone else? I don't know and don't care...I just hope the kid has a decent life regardless

He certainly does look younger than he claims. I was going to add at the end of my last post that he has less forehead creases than me. The trouble is its not nice to admit you have a more wrinkly forehead than a 96 year old...

Snap on the kids though :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 18 October 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

The trouble is its not nice to admit you have a more wrinkly forehead than a 96 year old...

Ha ha  well maybe you are one who likes to raise his eyebrows  a lot and maybe screw your face up brave and often lol ...I joke with the last part..

Pile cream  ( for shrinking piles ) ..I use a little every so often..I have no wrinkles or bags around my eyes ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#24    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Good grief.

#25    Tommy13

Tommy13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

That a boy!

#26    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,724 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

One thing's for sure, that old timer still has bullets in his gun. lol

#27    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

If i ever make it to 96, i hope i'm going as strong as him!

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#28    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,754 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Man Fathers Child at 96

The world's oldest father has been recruited by activists in India who maintain lifelong vegetarians retain their "vigour" better than others.

Ramajit Raghav, who shot to celebrity two years ago at the age of 94 when he first became a father, features in a new campaign by for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) India.

A photograph of Mr Raghav, who recently fathered his second child, Ranjit, at the age of 96, shows him cradling the baby with the headline "Vegetarians Still Got It at Age 96".

"I have been a vegetarian all my life, and I credit my stamina and virility to my diet," said the elderly father from the state of Haryana. "Being a vegetarian is the secret to my strength and good health."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, they hold this guy in high esteem for what??   How blatantly selfish!  Another child who will never know their father.  96 or not...what an egotist!  The idea that he is a 'poster boy' for anything other that 'the stupidest man alive' really rubs me the wrong way. :no:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#29    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,487 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

View Postjoc, on 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

So, they hold this guy in high esteem for what??   How blatantly selfish!  Another child who will never know their father.  96 or not...what an egotist!  The idea that he is a 'poster boy' for anything other that 'the stupidest man alive' really rubs me the wrong way. :no:

That was my 1st thought as well

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#30    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

View Postjoc, on 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Man Fathers Child at 96

The world's oldest father has been recruited by activists in India who maintain lifelong vegetarians retain their "vigour" better than others.

Ramajit Raghav, who shot to celebrity two years ago at the age of 94 when he first became a father, features in a new campaign by for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) India.

A photograph of Mr Raghav, who recently fathered his second child, Ranjit, at the age of 96, shows him cradling the baby with the headline "Vegetarians Still Got It at Age 96".

"I have been a vegetarian all my life, and I credit my stamina and virility to my diet," said the elderly father from the state of Haryana. "Being a vegetarian is the secret to my strength and good health."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why should he want a child in this age anyway?? :td:

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users