Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefi

Thanato

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

North Korea vowed Tuesday to cancel the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War, citing a U.S.-led push for punishing United Nations sanctions over its recent nuclear test and ongoing U.S.-South Korean joint military drills.

Without elaborating, the Korean People's Army Supreme Command warned of "surgical strikes" meant to unify the divided Korean Peninsula and of an indigenous, "precision nuclear striking tool." The statement came amid reports that Washington and North Korean ally Beijing have approved a draft of a UN Security Council resolution calling for sanctions in response to North Korea's Feb. 12 nuclear test. The draft is expected to be circulated at the UN this week.

Heated military rhetoric is common from North Korea when tensions rise on the Korean Peninsula and during U.S.-South Korean war games, but this latest statement is unusually specific. It threatens to block a communications line between North Korea and the United States at the border village separating the two Koreas, and to nullify the 60-year-old Korean War armistice agreement on March 11, when two weeks of U.S.-South Korean military drills will draw 10,000 South Korean and 3,500 U.S. forces. An earlier round of drills between the allies began earlier this month.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/05/north-korea-ceasefire.html

Well looks like I gotta pack. Damn I thought this war was over.

~Thanato

ohhhh ****

How far will North Korea go ?, because one day their bluff will be called. China is their ally but they are losing patience with the Koreans, and have already agreed to sanctions at the Utd Nations. Will China back them again in another war of attrition with Sth Korea, the Chinese lost an awfull lot of men in that conflict.As Nth Korea is a Communist country would Russia become involved, maybe not as they don't get on with China..Its in the melting pot folks because it would mean "loss of face" if the Nth Koreans were to back down.They talk the talk,but can they walk the walk ?

North Korea is just talking crap.if they where really serious about trying to war with. the south they would have done it all ready.its time to wipe them off the map

Well looks like I gotta pack. Damn I thought this war was over.

~Thanato

Un pack as NK is a chest ponder nothing more. They are under china and Russia control. If you had to pack for war in NK it would be more than boots on the ground.

North Korea is just talking crap.if they where really serious about trying to war with. the south they would have done it all ready.its time to wipe them off the map

No just leave them alone and let the country decay as bad as I feel for the people.

Edited by The Silver Thong

You know, NK leadership is like a pesky fly.

I swat it, but it just keeps coming back to bug me.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

You know, NK leadership is like a pesky fly.

I swat it, but it just keeps coming back to bug me.

so no need to nuke a fly. I can see nothing good from a pre-empt

so no need to nuke a fly. I can see nothing good from a pre-empt

Perhaps, but if their secret intenton is to develop capable nuclear weapons, there is a problem.

I say pre-empt.

I see where the US and China jointly introduced a resolution in the UN Security Council for specific sanctions against N. Korea to hinder their weapons development. I don't know the details but it sounds hopeful if the Chinese are with it.

• Like 2

Dennis Rodman, what have you done :no:

• Like 6

North Korea probably just wants more aid from the west. They tend to throw these fits when they want something.

• Like 4

If they were serious they wouldn't make an announcement of it they would be on the march - why give their enemy a "heads up"? Pretty sure they have their hand out too - someone should spit in it and send them on their way, what a nuisance they are.

• Like 3

They are a nuisance that could kill a lot of people if we don't exercise patience and forbearance.

• Like 1

Wow our great ambassador rodman must have really peed in kims cheerios :lol:

• Like 2

I think it's more likely Best Korea is just asking for more aid. Though it's nice to see that China is cluing in to just how unstable the country is. Hopefully they'll take steps to correct that in the future.

• Like 1

I disagree with most of the posters here. IMO it's just a matter of time until the wrong fanatical patriot in NK gains enough influence to reignite hostilities.

• Like 2

NK is in China's sphere of influence and it would only be wise of China to gently persuade the little brat to just chill..... or someone else will.

• Like 2

I disagree with most of the posters here. IMO it's just a matter of time until the wrong fanatical patriot in NK gains enough influence to reignite hostilities.

as opposed to the sabre-rattling lunatic they have as a leader?
  • Like 1

299758_616075635084534_1735453490_n.jpg
  • Like 7

North korea is said to be pulling back from border areas and setting up defensive maneuvers

Perhaps, but if their secret intenton is to develop capable nuclear weapons, there is a problem.

I say pre-empt.

Not a very good solution is it? You gonna nuke them and risk radioactive material to be spread to nearby countries? Job well done..

You need to send in some specops guys to remove the leadership and cut the head of warmachine... Like one would bomb the pentagon and whole US warmachine would stop... That is the case with every military kill the leadership and there will chaos and most likely they would stop with what they were doing..

One man said " ...you can forget the 20 century warfare, next war will be short it wont be fought by large regimes of troops, but with missiles and nuclear weapons thus meaning the end of us.. " and i agree if someone ever launches a nuclear weapon we are done as a race...We would most likely irradiate surface to nonlife proportions...

I wish we would have never developed such weapons.. look at NK they are saying we will nuke US in a very casual way, yet no missile launched will ever hit US... They are thinking too far in the past. But if they manage to detonate such device or more within the country than i dont even wish to go that path...

Pyongyang earlier in the day said it will cut off the emergency hotline linking the two Koreas and declared that it will no longer abide by the non-aggression packs signed with South Korea in the past.

This is the most important piece of info in that memo. I read about that earlier.

We did say Best Leader cant buy any luxury cars or yachts. What else would you expect for him to do.