Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, UK Webseries

Paranormalcy

So just besides being entertaining for the 5 or so episodes being so strange, it's a mystery that actually has many theories about it, even with peopel making youtube vids about it - one being it is based on a date that coincided when television became the dominant form of entertainment. Really kind of a fascinating web series.

Actual Episodes - #1 is linked:

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Hug_Me_I'm_Scared

I reserve the right to watch and contemplate this at a much later, and drunker time.

• Like 1

I just watched the first episode and I found it mildly disturbing, so I imagine it may be more profoundly disturbing to the very young minds this webseries seems to be aimed at. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I can't believe I added an E to the whole thread title. it's "Don't HUG me". God I'm an idiot. I like the series myself, I think it's pretty weird and neat and enjoyed showing it to family and friends.

I can't believe I added an E to the whole thread title. it's "Don't HUG me". God I'm an idiot. I like the series myself, I think it's pretty weird and neat and enjoyed showing it to family and friends.

Fixed the title :)

• Like 1

Thank you Rashore!

The sixth episode is supposed to be out, and to me, almost as entertaining as the episodes are the fan theories and things people traced back, like they keep referencing a date, which was Father's Day when the characters were first shown, in the 50s I think, and the next time it will be that date will be Father's Day again, but others say it's the date and not Father's Day that's important, etc. It's a neat bit of trivia and conceivably conspiracy since it seems to be related as I said to when people were first "programmed" (by the television). Also it's just a weird series.