Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hi from a newbie and my Moms experience

vlcreations

Well, I'm glad I found this forum! I'm really interested in ghosts and hauntings and there are so many good stories here!

My name's Sue and I'm 42. I've never seen a ghost but have heard one in the house we used to live in that was haunted. I won't share that story tonight but I do have one about my Mom.

This take place in southern Illinois. Back in 1969 my cousin RuthAnne was coming home to our grandparents house from town with her brother when she was hit and killed by a drunk driver. She died instantly they say-she was only 11. Fast forward to the early 1970's-we lived in the Chicago area and used to visit my Dads family quite a bit and stayed at the grandparents house. One night my mom woke up because she heard a child calling for her Mommy. Thinking it was one of her kids she got up to check on us-we were all asleep. A couple of weeks later we were back visiting when she woke up in the middle of the night and saw my dead cousin standing in the living room. Mom said that she wasn's sure what to think-Ruthanne was standing right in front of the fold out bed that my younger sister was sleeping on with her arms stretched out and she was staring at Tracy. All of a sudden she got all misty and went out through the living room wall! Well, the next morning we left-everyone thought she was crazy when she said what happened but the grandparents didn't say anything. She never went back into that house.

They say that when RuthAnnes parents came to put a headstone on her grave they only spent one night there and left in a hurry the next day. Now the house has new owners-wonder if they see my cousin.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vlcreations

• doomgirl

• Talon

• Spartan

Welcome vlcreations glad to have you with us thumbsup.gif

You never know, maybe your cousin followed you to where you are now ohmy.gif

Very interesting story thumbsup.gif Can't wait to hear the rest ph34r.gif

Oh yes, and welcome aboard !

They may do, as ghosts tend to stay at the place where they were most happy or sad, or at the scene of a tragedy. All these could lead to the imprint of her being there still, even though you have moved out.

Hi. I rarely post here, but I think your story is interesting. You mentioned something about a journal in your reply? I used to keep a diary when I was a teen about all the scary things that used to happen to me. Now I'm 38, and those kind of things don't happen very often anymore. I would love to read more of your experiences if you decide to post them.

WELCOME! please enjoy this page as well as others.

I'd love to hear other experiences. keep 'em coming.

wink2.gif

Hi. I rarely post here, but I think your story is interesting. You mentioned something about a journal in your reply? I used to keep a diary when I was a teen about all the scary things that used to happen to me. Now I'm 38, and those kind of things don't happen very often anymore. I would love to read more of your experiences if you decide to post them.

I will! We moved last September and I need to go through the envelopes to see where the stories are. I typed them up a few years back and they were on Kennith Kelleys armchair ghosthunter website. That's gone now but I still have the stories I think.

Sue

Oh, I can't find them but luckily I do remember most of the incidents so I'll post a little at a time. I did want to say that I think our new house is haunted too-I've heard footsteps in the hallway at night when no living person was awake and the other night my Mom saw a dude in a hazy mist standing by the stairs that go down to the family room. We've been here for 7 months and rent so we might be moving again when the lease is up depending on what they do with the house.

Great story! You know your cousin could be connected to an item that you own and still be with you.

I cant wait to hear more.

Welcome aboard! grin2.gif

Hi original.gif Your stories are interesting...hope to read more when you can post.