Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Close Encounters of the Mythic Kind

Still Waters

For years, Close Encounters has been the subject of fervent speculation in the UFO conspiracy community, with even some of the most level-headed of researchers inclined to believe it was part of an official UFO acclimation campaign.

http://silverscreens...ythic-kind.html

I wished I was carried away ... that mothership is the mothership of all motherships ... still the best mothership of all alien movies ~

• Like 2

I wished I was carried away ... that mothership is the mothership of all motherships ... still the best mothership of all alien movies ~

Like the Phoenix craft, the Yukon UFO, and the objects seen during the Hudson Valley Sightings or even the Stephenville UFO.

The have all been here.

The film was no doubt inspired by such a sighting. Some say it was the Portage County Incident.

AS clever as SS was I'm sure he got the idea from a case like this or eyewitness testimony.

No doubt the special effects crew did the necessary research ... but that in no circumstance detract from the fact that the mothership is still the best mothership of all motherships of alien related theme movies ...

No CGI too I believe ... all old school model making and old school special effects ~

~

• Like 2

They need to make a Part 2. End of. Come on Spielberg, you know we will all pay to see it and thus make you richer :tu:

But getting to the facts, it wasnt 'just' Spielberg's story/input, and I quote:

"Though Spielberg received sole credit for the script, he was assisted by Paul Schrader, John Hill, David Giler, Hal Barwood, Matthew Robbins, and Jerry Belson, all of whom contributed to the screenplay in varying degrees". As a teenager, Spielberg completed the full-length science fiction film Firelight. Many scenes from Firelight would be incorporated in Close Encounters on a shot-for-shot basis.

Spielberg brought Paul Schrader to write the script in December 1973 with principal photography to begin in late-1974. However, Spielberg started work on Jaws in 1974, pushing Watch the Skies back.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind

But hey I'm not trying to detract from Spielberg at all, love that movie, in fact I love most his movies

Besides all that, where are the CT-ists on the story of JAWS? Another Spielberg classic. Were we getting primed to believe in killer sharks? :lol:

Edited by seeder

it was just a movie folks. a good movie, but let's not get carried away

Based on what is the mystery?

Close Encounters was based on something; many think it was the Portage County UFO.

so what? every movie is based on something. it's called imagination. did you actually read the article? it may clarify things for you

• Like 2

so what? every movie is based on something. it's called imagination. did you actually read the article? it may clarify things for you

Movies like that are.

Why not? UFO sightings had been occurring for years prior to the release of the move.

Movies like that are.

Why not? UFO sightings had been occurring for years prior to the release of the move.

did

you

read

the

article?

did

you

read

the

article?

Erm yes:

When I interviewed Alves recently he told me that he based his alien designs on descriptions he’d received directly from witnesses. “I had called a lot of people when trying to design the aliens to see if people had actually seen anything,” said Alves, “and I talked to a lot of legitimate people... who described to me very simplistic creatures with large eyes and small mouths, no nose.”

Erm yes:

When I interviewed Alves recently he told me that he based his alien designs on descriptions he’d received directly from witnesses. “I had called a lot of people when trying to design the aliens to see if people had actually seen anything,” said Alves, “and I talked to a lot of legitimate people... who described to me very simplistic creatures with large eyes and small mouths, no nose.”

ok

heavy sigh

this does not validate your *ahem* suggestion that it is based on real events

this is where they got the idea for how the aliens would look. from other people's imaginations.

there is no evidence of these creatures whatsoever. only hearsay

sorry zoser but you are daft

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

ok

heavy sigh

this does not validate your *ahem* suggestion that it is based on real events

this is where they go the idea for how the aliens would look. from other people's imaginations

sorry zoser but you are daft

The evidence suggests otherwise.

Soz.

:td:

Did you read the article?

Edited by zoser

hearsay is not evidence.

an alien body would be evidence.

yes I read the article. critically I might add, not with freaking stars in my eyes the way you seem to read anything ALIENZ

For years, Close Encounters has been the subject of fervent speculation in the UFO conspiracy community, with even some of the most level-headed of researchers inclined to believe it was part of an official UFO acclimation campaign.

http://silverscreens...ythic-kind.html

And Gene Roddenberry found a Federation tech manual that had been blasted back through a worm hole....yada yada yada

hearsay is not evidence.

yes I read the article. critically I might add, not with freaking stars in my eyes the way you seem to read anything ALIENZ

Ah. The witnesses are lying?

:sleepy:

Wonder why he interviewed them?

:alien:

Edited by zoser

And Gene Roddenberry found a Federation tech manual that had been blasted back through a worm hole....yada yada yada

Nah.

Just made up stuff.

hearsay is not evidence.

There was at least one maybe several at Roswell, but then the Air Force told the media, oooops, we were wrong, it was a weather balloon that came down. And the disinformation from the government got a great head start.

• Like 1

There was at least one maybe several at Roswell, but then the Air Force told the media, oooops, we were wrong, it was a weather balloon that came down. And the disinformation from the government got a great head start.

show me the bodies
  • Like 1

show me the bodies

Go and ask the USAF if you can find anyone left that remembers the incidents.

Better still go and ask at Area 51. Better write first; get too close and you might get a bullet or two.

There is your answer.

• Like 1

Go and ask the USAF if you can find anyone left that remembers the incidents.

Better still go and ask at Area 51. Better write first; get too close and you might get a bullet or two.

There is your answer.

Indeed yes. People were threatened with their lives and told if they told anyone, they would be taken out to the desert and left to die.

• Like 1

Indeed yes. People were threatened with their lives and told if they told anyone, they would be taken out to the desert and left to die.

Where did you get that silly idea from?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1