Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Amazing Crop Circle: Hackpen Hill

ufo crop circle

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#76    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 15 July 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Regardless of who built it or why they built it or how long it took to build, IMO it is an excellent design and really quite stunning.

Thank the Arcturians.  They made it just before sunrise.

Best guess..................how long would it take YOU to make an exact copy of this crop circle?

Start at 9 AM.

Some here at Unexplained Mysteries think they could easily make an exact copy in 22 minutes with 1 arm tied behind their backs. :yes:

#77    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,751 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostTau Ceti Xeta, on 15 July 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Thank the Arcturians.  They made it just before sunrise.

Best guess..................how long would it take YOU to make an exact copy of this crop circle?

Start at 9 AM.

Some here at Unexplained Mysteries think they could easily make an exact copy in 22 minutes with 1 arm tied behind their backs. :yes:
you could to it 30 mins with 20 people, not even that at least

#78    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 15 July 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

you could to it 30 mins with 20 people, not even that at least

The attempt would be trampled into an ugly mess.

You should know it was tried by a group of MIT Students on the Discovery Channel.

It didn't go well.

They had a hard time ditributing tiny iron spheres all over the place.

They had a 4 hour time limit.

#79    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postrashore, on 15 July 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yeah, saw your post about that and the people who made it did a lovely job. But I still don't get the appeal of tromping down some crops for art.

Sometimes they leave a specific message:

Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception.
Conduit closing.

http://www.cropcircl.../alienface.html

#80    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,364 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Postrashore, on 15 July 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

I don't get why people make crop circles.. They are pretty and all, but I don't understand the appeal of field art. And why only crop circles, why not do it in the snow too?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#81    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,591 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 15 July 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ohhhh, ty!! Those are lovely :)

But I guess I was pretty unclear in my question... Why are these crop circles only appearing as crop circles, and not also snow circles or dirt circles in the same places? I mean, if folks are willing to go out and tromp down crops when it's nice out, why don't they do it in the same locations year round? Why do they wait till the crops get high enough to tromp down, but don't do the same things at other times of year? And why only in tall crops, why not in something like a pumpkin field or a grassy field that sheep graze in? Is it because their art only displays well under certain conditions?

#82    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,665 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 15 July 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:tu:   Nice

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#83    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,207 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

View Postrashore, on 15 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Ohhhh, ty!! Those are lovely :)

But I guess I was pretty unclear in my question... Why are these crop circles only appearing as crop circles, and not also snow circles or dirt circles in the same places? I mean, if folks are willing to go out and tromp down crops when it's nice out, why don't they do it in the same locations year round? Why do they wait till the crops get high enough to tromp down, but don't do the same things at other times of year? And why only in tall crops, why not in something like a pumpkin field or a grassy field that sheep graze in? Is it because their art only displays well under certain conditions?

My guess would be tradition. I've always asserted that aliens trying to convey a message would use a medium that isn't quite so temporary as crop circles that miraculously disappear around harvest time. Nothing about crop circles make a lick of sense unless they are man made.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#84    Phenix20

Phenix20

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 14 July 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Who says it took just 1 night. or even 30 minutes?

No one, it is only a guess. For I think once the process of making a cropcircle is started it must be finished as soon as possible. Assuming that it it man-made, these persons (probably a small group of people) must have a carefully established plan with a time frame. It may be that some were made in 2 or 3 nights, but there is a risk that a plane, an helicopter, the farmers themselves passing by at daylight become aware of this and report it. So, my understanding is, if it is indeed made-man, that it must be done and finished as soon as possible preferably in one night.

Edited by sam_comm, 16 July 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#85    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 16 July 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

For I think once the process of making a cropcircle is started it must be finished as soon as possible. Assuming that it it man-made, these persons (probably a small group of people) must have a carefully established plan with a time frame. It may be that some were made in 2 or 3 nights, but there is a risk that a plane, an helicopter, the farmers themselves passing by at daylight become aware of this and report it. So, my understanding is, if it is indeed made-man, that it must be done and finished as soon as possible preferably in one night.
i once sat and watched a guy make a crop circle sam, in broad daylight.
he went at it for an hour, disappeared to the red lion for an hour to have a couple of dustbusters, came back, and had it finished in another hour.
this was a 100ft circle, in broad daylight, watched by hundreds of people.
anyone who says it CAN'T be done is mistaken.
it can.
and with enough time to have a couple of beers in the middle of doing it.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#86    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,207 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Postshrooma, on 16 July 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

and with enough time to have a couple of beers in the middle of doing it.

I would think that would be a vital step of the crop circle fabrication method. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#87    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think some are great works of art, given the size and complexity, but i'm still dumbfounded that people attribute them in any way shape or form to aliens. It's been proven people can do these amazing designs in a matter of hours in complete darkness. And thereare  groups who do this for business and others as just a hobby. People like seeing their stuff on the news and seeing people debate and make a fuss out of it's origin.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#88    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

here is a link to the crop circle i saw being made-
http://www.psychedel...part-3.html?m=1
the one i saw was the "spem & egg" circle.
about 2/3 of the way down the list.
apparently, i'd only seen the first part being made (we'd left avebury to go to stonehenge), it was completed over another two days, which kinda blows a s**tload of crop circle myths right out of the water when you think about it.
the whole "aliens doing it in 2mns" thing.
in fact, the whole aliens doing it at all thing.
at night. in the dark. in 2mns.
instead of humans doing it.
during the daytime.
over three days.....
(no angry farmers anywhere in sight)
;-)

Edited by shrooma, 16 July 2013 - 02:47 AM.

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#89    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

*like* to the above comments!
(sorry guys, i've ran out again.....)

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#90    Tau Ceti Xeta

Tau Ceti Xeta

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostOdds, on 16 July 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

I think some are great works of art, given the size and complexity, but i'm still dumbfounded that people attribute them in any way shape or form to aliens. It's been proven people can do these amazing designs in a matter of hours in complete darkness. And thereare  groups who do this for business and others as just a hobby. People like seeing their stuff on the news and seeing people debate and make a fuss out of it's origin.

The hoax crop circles help to muddy the water. "Hey look! This one is fake! Well, if this one is fake then therefore ALL crop circles are fake."

Isn't that clever? :clap:

Truth be told if a dozen people tried to make - an exact copy - of this Hackpen Hill crop circle it would look like a trampled mess.

We would all stand back and laugh.

That's it?!

F-

Nice try.

Also tagged with ufo, crop circle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users