Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Why do you believe in UFO's and aliens?


  • Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#46    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 October 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you think they knew?

No, they KNEW.


#47    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

No, they KNEW.

If that was all it took, we'd all know wouldn't we?  Just make a declaration as though it is fact.  Offer nothing to support it.  Write it in ALL CAPS to emphasize it with authority.

I wish I could say that this is convincing, but it isn't.  Having said that, I think I'm inclined to retain my original interpretation as being more accurate.

Thanks.  :)


#48    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 October 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

If that was all it took, we'd all know wouldn't we?  Just make a declaration as though it is fact.  Offer nothing to support it.  Write it in ALL CAPS to emphasize it with authority.

I wish I could say that this is convincing, but it isn't.  Having said that, I think I'm inclined to retain my original interpretation as being more accurate.

Thanks.  :)


You'd say the exact same thing regardless of what I said, but you must by now that realize I do know about these things.  So did they.

Posted Image

Oberth headed the UFO investigation in West Germany for example, and stated in 1954:

"There is no doubt in my mind that these objects (UFO's) are interplanetary craft of some sort. I am confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but they may use Mars or some other body for a way station. It is also our conclusion that they are propelled by distorting or converting the gravitational field."


How did he know that?  That's the more important question, Boon, since all of them knew that the ETs were here.  You won't find one of those big-time German scientists who did not know it.  

http://www.nationalu...article_440.php

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 19 October 2012 - 09:07 PM.


#49    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

You'd say the exact same thing regardless of what I said, but you must by now that realize I do know about these things.  

No, I don't realize yet that you 'know' about these things.  You say that you do often enough, but declarations are insufficient.

And no, I wouldn't say the exact same thing regardless of what you said.  I wouldn't have said anything at all if you had characterized it more accurately.  Did you ever meet any of these men?  Have any of these men provided anything substantial to conclude that they actually knew that some UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin?  Not that I've seen.  Not even in what you've quoted here in this post.


View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

So did they.

Posted Image

Oberth headed the UFO investigation in West Germany for example, and stated in 1954:

"There is no doubt in my mind that these objects (UFO's) are interplanetary craft of some sort. I am confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but they may use Mars or some other body for a way station. It is also our conclusion that they are propelled by distorting or converting the gravitational field."


How did he know that?  That's the more important question, Boon, since all of them knew that the ETs were here.  You won't find one of those big-time German scientists who did not know it.  

http://www.nationalu...article_440.php

I'm going to assume that you read the entire article that you referenced.  As such, you must have read this part:

There was a world-wide effort to learn how gravity could be put to use as a form of energy. He added that he expected men would be traveling to the moon in electrically driven devices within five to ten years." Because our galaxy is teeming with planets it should be home to countless extraterrestrial civilizations. That is unless, through some perverse twist in nature, intelligent life is an evolutionary dead-end. But let's be optimistic and assume that some fraction of far-flung worlds rise to the status of a hosting a super-civilization,"


Now you tell me.  Does that suggest that he actually knows?  Or does it rather suggest that he strongly and optimistically believes that it is likely?  I say his statement suggests the latter conclusion.

In addition, the portion that you actually quoted is not as definitive as you'd like it to be.  Saying that there is no doubt in his mind does not mean that he knows, it means that he believes it to be true with an extremely high level of confidence.


#50    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 October 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

No, I don't realize yet that you 'know' about these things.  You say that you do often enough, but declarations are insufficient.


And no, I wouldn't say the exact same thing regardless of what you said.  I wouldn't have said anything at all if you had characterized it more accurately.  Did you ever meet any of these men?  Have any of these men provided anything substantial to conclude that they actually knew that some UFOs were extraterrestrial in origin?  Not that I've seen.  Not even in what you've quoted here in this post.

I'm going to assume that you read the entire article that you referenced.  As such, you must have read this part:


In addition, the portion that you actually quoted is not as definitive as you'd like it to be.  Saying that there is no doubt in his mind does not mean that he knows, it means that he believes it to be true with an extremely high level of confidence.

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would.  You tell me.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 19 October 2012 - 10:24 PM.


#51    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,277 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would.  You tell me.

Real, tangible evidence, I would suggest.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#52    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Boon, for whatever reason, you are one of the hardest of the hard core "skeptics", and nothing I have ever posted makes the slightest dent in that.

I don't know what would.  You tell me.

Badeskov has answered this for me.  (Thank you for that Bade :tu: )

That's precisely what it will take to convince me of just about anything.  Real, tangible evidence.


#53    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 19 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Real, tangible evidence, I would suggest.


Why don't you tell them what you know?

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 October 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Badeskov has answered this for me.  (Thank you for that Bade :tu: )

That's precisely what it will take to convince me of just about anything.  Real, tangible evidence.

What do you want?  A dead alien?


#54    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I mean it, Badeskov, since you claim to be a big expert on satellites and all that.  You know as well as I do that they have detected UFOs, but you never say anything about that.


#55    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,277 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 October 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Badeskov has answered this for me.  (Thank you for that Bade :tu: )

That's precisely what it will take to convince me of just about anything.  Real, tangible evidence.

You are most welcome, Boony :)

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#56    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,277 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

I mean it, Badeskov, since you claim to be a big expert on satellites and all that.  You know as well as I do that they have detected UFOs, but you never say anything about that.

Sure they detect UFOs, lots of stuff flitting around in space. But so far I have not seen any indications of any of them being of ET origin.

And what exactly is it that you think that I know?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 19 October 2012 - 10:46 PM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#57    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 19 October 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

And what exactly is it that you think that I know?

A lot more than you're ever going to let on.


#58    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 19 October 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

You are most welcome, Boony :)

You're both most welcome, I'm sure.  LOL


#59    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 October 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:


What do you want?  A dead alien?

As convincing as that would be, I'd prefer a live one.  No need to start some kind of interstellar conflict after all.  Assuming the live alien was peaceful, of course.

An alien object of some kind would go a long way as well.  A ship.  A piece of a ship.  A device of some kind.  A communication which can be verified as being extraterrestrial, picked up by SETI for example.  An alien toaster?  Neil deGrasse Tyson's requested ash tray?  Significant eye witness testimony backed up by credible video footage and/or photographs?  There are lots of things which could be convincing.

Do you have any of that in your bag of tricks?


#60    Dr. Mirdad

Dr. Mirdad

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined:29 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • “Ask not of things to shed their veils. Unveil yourselves, and things will be unveiled.”

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Growing up I never believed in ufos or aliens. Then I had my first encounter with a UFO, it was similar to a blue plasma ball. It was about 50-75 feet above me. I heard it first, then i looked up and seen it there, in time for me to tell my friends look up and see it, it shot off with a unimaginable speed. Thats the first experience and wouldnt be the last.

“Often you shall think your road impassable, sombre and companionless. Have will and plod along; and round each curve you shall find a new companion.”




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users