Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beer Thread.

Sea Wolf

10418369_10201736068481740_6052132621575618953_n.jpg?oh=48e3df849a247018048e1d09a494ef2a&oe=54B8528A&__gda__=1422070428_22ef454af5ed5ca55c02a1ab25227bd9

This is what I had tonight. Extremely hoppy. More than a hint of lemon. Great brew. Dogfish Head never fails to impress.

So, any beer fanatics here?

• Like 2

I had several types yesterday afternoon. Local Oktoberfest event with several breweries pouring samples. My homebrew club was there pouring and doing brewing demos as well.

Peach Wheat, English Brown, Pumpkin Amber, Coffee Stout, Belgian Golden...

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of real ale,my lager of choice is Stella Artois or "wife beater" as it is known round these parts

Nice. Getting a barrel for myself is on the list. I see an aged homebrewed barleywine in the future.

• Like 1

Old English 800 for a sloppy buzz.Yuengling for finer moods.Spaten for even finer situations.

• Like 2

I can't get enough of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale. Wish it wasn't so expensive in these parts.

ky-ale.jpg

It's not necessarily my all-time favorite...I don't think I have an all-time favorite now that I think about it.

I'll have to look into the Allagash sometime.

Oh, generally, the darker the beer, the more I like it.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

Old English 800 for a sloppy buzz.Yuengling for finer moods.Spaten for even finer situations.

Spaten is my favorite beer. I love the dunkel and the lager, the Octoberfest is pretty damn good also.

Too bad it costs about $10 for a six pack where I live.

• Like 1

I have beer store within reasonable distance that has a great selection. Over 300 craft brews from around the world at the latest count. I've been trying various American regional breweries. Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn, Liberty. Great stuff.

I've come to love American pale ale as perhaps my favourite beer style. Crisp, clean, tasty and nicely hoppy. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my go-to beer because it's in stock in said shop and I know I can't go wrong with it.

I also love experimenting with the stronger brews when I come across them for sale. American double stouts, Strong English barleywines, Strong golden ales from Belgium, etc. It's all good.

As I'm here in Ireland, I love to sample any new brews and there's been a bit of a boom in local breweries and craft brewing in recent years and the guy who runs the beer store mentioned above always lets me know what good stuff from Ireland is currently available.

Like I said, it's all good. It's great to have such a large choice from so many places and in so many styles....

• Like 4

I love my beer. I'll drink anything, and recently I've tried a few porters and darker beers, but I have to say that I prefer the lighter beers or lagers (light as in flavour, not alcohol content - keep that alcohol % up there). Pale Ales and Pilsners are high on my list of favourites, but Pale Ales can be very different between brands, some I think are the worst beers I've ever had while others I think I could drink it forever. Maybe if I was in a part of the world with a colder climate I might go for a heavier beer, but when it's shining sun and a beach just ten minutes walk away it just feels wrong to go for them.

Too bad it costs about $10 for a six pack where I live.

Darn, where can you get a decent six pack for that price? Here in Oz, only the cheapest of the cheap beers are that price, and when it come to beer, cheap = nasty. A good six pack often costs between $18-22 for six (often more for some of the imported craft beers, if you happen to be in a shop that sells such). Edited by Paranoid Android

I love my beer. I'll drink anything, and recently I've tried a few porters and darker beers, but I have to say that I prefer the lighter beers or lagers (light as in flavour, not alcohol content - keep that alcohol % up there). Pale Ales and Pilsners are high on my list of favourites, but Pale Ales can be very different between brands, some I think are the worst beers I've ever had while others I think I could drink it forever. Maybe if I was in a part of the world with a colder climate I might go for a heavier beer, but when it's shining sun and a beach just ten minutes walk away it just feels wrong to go for them.

Darn, where can you get a decent six pack for that price? Here in Oz, only the cheapest of the cheap beers are that price, and when it come to beer, cheap = nasty. A good six pack often costs between $18-22 for six (often more for some of the imported craft beers, if you happen to be in a shop that sells such).

Wish I could "import" some good affordable beer for you there :)

Yuengling is my favorite, but it is not sold in Indiana. Luckily I'm only a couple miles from the Ohio line.

I like bourbon beer, but it is way too pricey.

• Like 2

Yuengling is my favorite, but it is not sold in Indiana. Luckily I'm only a couple miles from the Ohio line.

I like bourbon beer, but it is way too pricey.

Yeah, but it's so good...

I have also developed an addiction to mead. Real mead, where ever I can find it. But that's not beer, and it's off-topic.

• Like 2

Remember your prayers now - beforee your beer binge:

"Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, I will be drunk, At home as it is in the tavern. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer, The bitter, The lager, forever and ever. Amen."

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Old English 800 for a sloppy buzz.

I used to drink this alot. I would sometimes drink it down to the top of the label and then fill it back up with some good orange juice. Brass Monkey is what I think it's called. Now when I choose to have a beer(which isn't to often these days) I drink Pyramid Outburst. It's an dry hopped IPA with a nice strong hoppy flavor and it's 8.5%. Here it's about $3 for a 20 ounce bottle or $10 for a six pack.

• Like 1

I like Rampant IPA from New Belgium. It's verp crisp, and very hoppy. It's also about 9.6% abv.

ramp1.jpg

• Like 2

I used to drink this alot. I would sometimes drink it down to the top of the label and then fill it back up with some good orange juice. Brass Monkey is what I think it's called. Now when I choose to have a beer(which isn't to often these days) I drink Pyramid Outburst. It's an dry hopped IPA with a nice strong hoppy flavor and it's 8.5%. Here it's about $3 for a 20 ounce bottle or $10 for a six pack.

BRASS MONKEY! That funky monkey! BRASS MONKEY junkie, that funky monkey!

• 1 month later...

I've got to try that Rampant, it appears to be so tasty by the coloring and alcohol percentage. :-*

It's something else. My best friend said it tastes like diesel.