Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US military leaders on childhood obesity

military schools childhood obesity

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 September 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Caloric intake is NOT a myth.

It is a myth that concentrating on it is the sole remedy.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#17    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,516 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 30 September 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

It is a myth that concentrating on it is the sole remedy.

A moderate amount of exercise and watching your caloric intake will led to weight lose.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#18    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,837 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

I went on a low calorie diet a few years ago when my belts starting getting a little tight.  I dropped all liquids but water and ate no more than 2000 calories a day.  In a few months I lost around 20 pounds.

Worked for me just fine.

#19    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,516 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostWickian, on 30 September 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

I went on a low calorie diet a few years ago when my belts starting getting a little tight.  I dropped all liquids but water and ate no more than 2000 calories a day.  In a few months I lost around 20 pounds.

Worked for me just fine.

Same here.
I guess we just fell for the "myth", though.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#20    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 September 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

A moderate amount of exercise and watching your caloric intake will led to weight lose.

There is research to indicate that that indeed is NOT true.

I had to like you just to congrat on your success.

View PostWickian, on 30 September 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

Worked for me just fine.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#21    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 29 September 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

WebMD requires it. And also it is a site that serves the medical professional, a Dr. Nurse, and all those that surround health care.
I did a spare one, a spare account there that I share with friends which gives no personal information at all. It is easy to do. And it is free. I have been registered there since the mid-ninties, before the nasty WebMD bought it.

And I think it is all in the chemicals that are applied on and in our foods. It could also be in the current vaccine schedule, but that is my own speculation, while I am not solid on thinking it is.
wait... you don't trust the government but you're happy to give your details to a website?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#22    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,837 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 30 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I had to like you just to congrat on your success.

I'm sure a lack of soda contributed a great deal to the weight loss in addition to the lower calorie intake.

#23    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Posted ImageImaginarynumber1, on 30 September 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yet, if we put you on an island, gave you only a 1000 calories a day and forced you to burn 2000, you would loose weight.

#24    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

The military wants very fit people to fight in future wars, an emphasis of health regiment is part of the military's programs to build-up future soldiers and officers. The military is also concerned on the availability of young adult males in the US population and decline in birth rates is their concern, for obvious reasons. Therefore the military speaks out on how school lunches are linked with obese children, so whenever in the future they attempt a Vietnam-era style draft system, the number of health standard eligible boys fit for military service will be quite low.

And what regeneratia is writing on her posts are famous conspiracies and stories of what the US army and allies (Latin American countries) are known for sadistic practices on youth, including human trafficking of children caught in sexual deviant circles linked to the US military and Latin American officials, and medical experiments done on children is eerily reminisicent of what happened in Nazi concentration camps or state hospitals (the infamous T-4 state eugenics euthanasia program).

Edited by Quake Storm Maverick 66er, 01 October 2012 - 12:31 AM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#25    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 29 September 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

WHY on earth retired US Military Leaders need to weigh in on the childhood obesity issue? Exactly why are they commenting on something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the military.

Because retired US military leaders have just as much of a right to an opinion as retired doctors or retired teacher. Why should they not voice their opinion? Freedom of opinion, except for those you dislike, hmm?

My child is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! I didn’t birth and raise him, along with all the financial investment in him to allow your horrible, evil people to get your hands on him. He has been endoctrinated to know how evil and bad the military is. Unless you torture him, as the military is wont to do, you will never get him.

Your child is none of their business, but their children are. And I can guarantee you, retired military leaders have children as well. Just because you don't like the military doesn't mean that they can't voice their opinions.

Your first mistake is assuming that we respect the retired military leaders opinions on this matter. We don’t.

"We" dont? Who is "we"? Who are you speaking on behalf. Second of all, I dont think they're concerned about whether their opinion matters to you.

And now you want to lay in on the issuances from our natural humanity by encouraging the starving our children.

"Starving children?" Hah, yeah. because children starve if they

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#26    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,516 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 30 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

worked just fine for me.

#27    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

You are repeating a myth. Read the research I provided here, research from a well-respected medical site.

Of course, it is easier to blame the person, while refraining from blaming the system. I understand taking the easy thought. But that thought will be inaccurate.
Nothing in life is simple. Not even on matters of childhood obesity.

I say that we need to take a look at the systemic reasons in our preesnt world on why there might be a problem on childhood obesity, including the BPA issue and all other endocrine disruptors.

If the words are too big, get a dictionary.

FYI, I have no way of knowing if you all are lying or not. Thus I always assume they are lies or mere perceptions. And the same should go for me. I don't ask that you believe me. I ask that you objectively do the research yourself.

H pylori: http://en.wikipedia....cobacter_pylori
My details in relating this story may not be completely accurate but you get the gist of it if you read on Wiki.
There was a man, a Dr., who once claimed that ulcers were not created by stress alone. Traditionalists made fun of him mercilessly. They were all heartily resistant to his idea, his concept, and his science. So he GAVE himself the bacteria he thought was creating the ulcers, h pylori. He drank the bacteria. He got ulcers. I suspect they were found upon diagnostic testing, thus proving he had ulcers. Then he took the antibiotic that he knew would destroy the ulcer-causing bacteria. Still traditional scientist and the medical community were resistant to the idea. He got rid of his ulcers, something that was once thought to always be present once present. Little by little, caring Dr.s started to treat their tagamet-eating clients with the antibiotic used to kill h pylori. Now, today, is it assumed that h pylori gives people uicers, not stress. And the standard treatment for ulcers is that particular anti-biotics. Where once you could meet a dozen people, one of which would be taking tagamet for ulcers. Now I don't know a soul who takes it and, as an RN,  I have never given it to anyone in all the years I have been in this profession.

Stress causing ulcers was a myth. But it was a myth that was hard to let go of. And so it is with diet and exercise being the cause of all obesity.

Did you get my point? Or was I too complex for you?

View PostWickian, on 29 September 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

It all comes down to calories.  If you eat more than your body uses in a day, you'll gain weight.  There's nothing complicated about it.

Eating home-cooked food does wonders for getting more filling meals for less calories.

I can make and eat full size(18 inch)homemade pizza and only eat roughly half my daily calorie limit from it.  I have no idea where the calories come from in the store bought ones, but a homemade one only has around 1000 calories in it.

Edited by regeneratia, 01 October 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#28    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Opps! made a mistake.

Edited by regeneratia, 01 October 2012 - 06:39 AM.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#29    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

A vast quantity of people these days. And most certianly my family and friends.

View PostStellar, on 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Because retired US military leaders have just as much of a right to an opinion as retired doctors or retired teacher. Why should they not voice their opinion? Freedom of opinion, except for those you dislike, hmm?

Your child is none of their business, but their children are. And I can guarantee you, retired military leaders have children as well. Just because you don't like the military doesn't mean that they can't voice their opinions.

"We" dont? Who is "we"? Who are you speaking on behalf. Second of all, I dont think they're concerned about whether their opinion matters to you.

"Starving children?" Hah, yeah. because children starve if they

Professor Hilton Hotema

#30    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ah, you are a reader, aren't you? You have the need to KNOW that is so rare on this site and in this forum.

View PostQuake Storm Maverick 66er, on 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The military wants very fit people to fight in future wars, an emphasis of health regiment is part of the military's programs to build-up future soldiers and officers. The military is also concerned on the availability of young adult males in the US population and decline in birth rates is their concern, for obvious reasons. Therefore the military speaks out on how school lunches are linked with obese children, so whenever in the future they attempt a Vietnam-era style draft system, the number of health standard eligible boys fit for military service will be quite low.

And what regeneratia is writing on her posts are famous conspiracies and stories of what the US army and allies (Latin American countries) are known for sadistic practices on youth, including human trafficking of children caught in sexual deviant circles linked to the US military and Latin American officials, and medical experiments done on children is eerily reminisicent of what happened in Nazi concentration camps or state hospitals (the infamous T-4 state eugenics euthanasia program).

You most certainly would lose muscle mass, including that of your heart. Are you willing to do that?

View PostBavarian Raven, on 30 September 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Yet, if we put you on an island, gave you only a 1000 calories a day and forced you to burn 2000, you would loose weight.

Professor Hilton Hotema

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users