Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Eleven Minutes to Understand

middle east

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 May 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

And then, most of the world belongs to religions that trace their theology back millenia. They read ancient scripture as the absolute word of God in their daily lives. They study and read about those who lived in those ancient times as a basis for their modern life. They cherish exploits, wars, martyrs, saints, prophets, etc that occured in those ancient times. Religion has stuggled with itself for all of that time. You expect Islam to just forget? They cannot forget history anymore than you can. In our "modern" world there are many places where religous groups, Christian and Islam, cannot forget past transgressions. They teach them to their children. Now we have a new paradigm. Conservative US Christians will teach their children to hate Islam because of 9/11. It just perpetuates the same thing.
There's a lot of truth in what you say.  But I think we happen to be very near the generation...this one or next....where the "denouement" will come.  As to forgetting, no, I realize the very vibrant nature of hate within us as a species.  And I believe that our creator knows it as well.  This may be why He "chose" out a group to use as an example for the rest of us.  He gave them the rule book for a happy life, knowing they would spurn it.  He then proceeded to begin the lessons of what happens when you spurn the instructions.  
But He never stopped our scientific or intellectual "progress".  We are fast growing up and now the lessons have to be taken to heart or we just destroy ourselves.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#47    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 May 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I’ll agree that the ancient Canaanites were Semitic, but not all Semites came from Arabia.  Canaanites where more of a mix between Assyrian and Hittite and maybe even Phoenician.  That’s not to say that Nomadic Arabs didn’t mingle in as well.  But the archeological evidence is beginning to show that the Israelites are Canaanites.  Which would make the Conquest of Canaan an internal civil war.  Not some kind of Israeli on Arab conflict. To twist it into something that Israel has been beating up on Arabs for thousands of years

Are you serious?  No, Arabs didn’t grow on trees as fruits, but you are nuts!

Only the Southern Semitic tribes came from the peninsula (Hejaz and Yemen).  The Northern tribes have been historically the more affluent – the Cradle of Civilization.

No, most people do not think that.  But to be honest, for anybody today – it would be hard to separate Islam from Arab.  Primarily because Islam is more than just a religion.  I think that the common mistake is that people think that all Muslims are the same.  Arabs are not Egyptian or Persian or Turkish, etc.  Islam encompasses many cultures and languages.  And all those cultures have always been there.

See above.

We in the West were not born yesterday.  West history does not suggest Arabs grew on some type of tree.  Is this what you do when you can’t handle the truth?  Just invent a strawman?  What’s this “just like the Crusades” garbage?  What about the Conquest of Iberia and Sicily?
i posted evidence of this debate long ago am just not interested enough to get into it again
so i have to get into it with every new person comes flaming and wants to prove that he's right
you in the west weren't born yesterday .. but your western friends got the nerves to twist reality to suit their agenda as much as they can
they'd make us walk on four to prove us wrong if they have to .. therfore am not really interested in this debate .. neither i got time or mood for it

that's why i comment funny notices .. not that it's far fetched from the western historians to suggest such thing .. i don't think it's impossiable really
they might actually be hipporcate enough to do it
just like they act hippocrates when they kill arab childrens in excuse of nuclear weapons which was never found in iraq
just like osama bin laden photo shope fixed pic all we got from " leader of quada " a fake concept
they can fool you around all they like .. but like i said we got our own historians .. we don't take the bull**** of the west for real as history

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 07 May 2012 - 08:00 PM.

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#48    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 07 May 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

michael .. arabs grow on trees you're tottally mistaken they weren't in arabia they grew on trees . we have no forefathers
we just poped out from seeds like i said .. if that suits your boat

LOL! :w00t:

Thanks for that KoS

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 07 May 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#49    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

the double standards in the western people, is mind blowing, what the hell are you talking about
first you go and steal almost a whole continent from the native amirecans and destroy them all, some one who did that should shut the hell up, you won't expect them
to be fair and sensitive about ensuring that only native people some were in the middle east can live in palastine, how about you get the hell out of amireca first !

but then again let us even see who are the native people in the middle east that should live, and do what ever in it ? ,,, hmmmm the answer is 'Middle Easterns'
not some "european russian african" creeps, who have identity crises and wanted to speak in an ancient language

also you want to tell me that palastine belong to a religion, it belong to the jewish religion !!!!!? what kind of hippocrates are you?, you spend the day talking about
freedom and how the religion should be separated from the state, and then you sponser a whole country for one religion!!!, and then you wiesel around and say
palastine is for the jewish race, but hold on!, judaism is a religion or a race !? for god sake, what kind of logic riddle do you possess!?, first is the trinity: three in one
and now is judaism: two in one, they can be religion or race or both at the same time, what ever .., as long as logic is **** up as much as your history, and only the logic of power is at action, then you are okay with it

the jews as a race does not have a real history in the middel east compared to the middle easterns them selves, they abonded it all togother ages ago
while the middle easterns have roots in this land date back to Thousands of years before christ, so let us forget palestinians for a second, even egyptians
have a right to palastine more than the jews, they were part of empyers that coverd palastine, the countries that surround palestine, have a million time more right
to palastine than the jews, hell, even palastine lebanon syria jordan and iraq are called "belad al sham" they are the same thing, it's a freaken small land
we didn't need freakin forgin jews to come and create seperation walles in it,

also let me remind you of something, you know egypt right!?, this nation is about 80 million people, most of them live along the nile river, and they date back to thousand of years BC, i don't think any one can dare to say that egypt belong to anyone except the egyptians,
well the jews have the face to say that it belong to them!!!, the big israel cover all the land from the nile river to furat river!!, so any one from any where in that area
have absolutely 1000,000% right to oppose israel because israel are nothing but occupying entity

you hippocrates have no problem going overseas half the globe away attacking innocent countries to protect your own country from an imagenary threat,
while us, an actual occupation entity, right next door and is expanding gradually, but we should play dead so we may not be labeled violent !!!?

if the forum claim to care about freedom then do not delete my post please

Posted Image

#50    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

The thread is about a brief primer on the history of the Israeli/Palestinian problem and why it is so difficult to solve.  KoS got himself a     stroke over it and I'm not sure I understand what you're on about.  Israel has attempted to make peace and give up land to the Palestinians several times.  They have always refused because they want ALL the land.  That's not going to happen and when they push a step too far they are going to lose yet MORE land.  If your buddy AssOdd gets too deep into it Damascus may well become a very quiet piece of real estate for a few thousand years.

#51    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postodas, on 07 May 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Incorrect. Caananites and palestines were semitic arabic people. Your poor judgement if you think that arab or caananit or palestin means right away being muslim.

Actually no, you are incorrect. Palestinians have more in common genetically with Israelis than they do with Arabs as (shock horro) Arabs are of a different genetic stock.

Arabs are not Canaanites and Canaanites are not Arabs. So simple even a five year old could understand it (which I think Knight is a five year old).

On part two how should we realy call America or Australia? I mean the native population was robbed of their religion, freedom, dignity, name.....and not by muslims. Oh, I appologize, that is of course not true, never happened. The indians attacked the white people who were there already.......

So then explain Arab actions with regards to the Berbers? Arab people profess innocence when it comes to Palestine, yet are willing to subject and violate the rights of others elsewhere.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#52    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

hehehe if he think canaanites are not arabs .. let him think so it's not really like his idea will change history .. it's just michael after all

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#53    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 08 May 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

hehehe if he think canaanites are not arabs .. let him think so it's not really like his idea will change history .. it's just michael after all

They are only similar because they are peoples that existed at around the same time and spoke a language from the same language family. I speak English but does that mean I am German because I speak a Germanic language? No.

Palestinians are not Arabs because genetic studies have been conducted and have found that they have more in common genetically with Israelis than they do with Arabs. And even then, you still think they are one in the same.

You still haven't answered why Gaza or the West Bank were annexed by Egypt and Jordan or answered for Arab actions against the Berbers in North Africa. But everyone knows you can't. Double standards is indeed an inherently Arab trait.

#54    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 09 May 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

They are only similar because they are peoples that existed at around the same time and spoke a language from the same language family. I speak English but does that mean I am German because I speak a Germanic language? No.

Palestinians are not Arabs because genetic studies have been conducted and have found that they have more in common genetically with Israelis than they do with Arabs. And even then, you still think they are one in the same.

You still haven't answered why Gaza or the West Bank were annexed by Egypt and Jordan or answered for Arab actions against the Berbers in North Africa. But everyone knows you can't. Double standards is indeed an inherently Arab trait.
genetic studies huh ? carried by whom ... no no don't tell me let me guess ... westerns :D
it's like the criminal is the judge too ! hehehe that's just plain stupid
listen our history is written ages before the palestine israeli conflict unlike yours :P

and beside .. if canaanites were there before israelis were there " history proven " even the hippocrate history of yours won't deny it
canannnites were there before the israeli kingdom .. so the land does not belong to israel
and the genetic study is just a joke .. like your opinions :D

i know i know just because canaanites spoke samiliar language to arabs .. looked samliliar to arabs
traded with arabs ... named after their arabic leader name " canaan " .. and even if they came from arabia !
that doesn't make them arabs !! they're aliens i tell you !!
am starting a new theory based on your intellegant and breakthrough science theory of yours it says :

arabs actually landed by space ships when islam did .. and the reason we spread fast it's simply because the aliens " our forefathers "
has given us a brain washing machines that can be used to our advantages
i think it holds more sense than the seeds and tree theory .. because based on michael almighty fantasy
if he can make arabs are not part of this earth history the better .. now canaanites .. next what ?

but hey for the other questions this isn't the right topic .. i'll gladly ignore them if you put another topic for them .. you're welcome !
told you those cigs are awesome ! :D

#55    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

KoS you're a young man and if the cigs don't kill you first you're going to see some incredible changes in your life.  I hope most of them are good for you.  But you can mark my words on this... whether you believe Israel owns the land or not, Israel will always and forever possess the land they hold right now.  And probably much more Arab land because the Arabs keep fighting and losing more and more of their land.  That has been the actual history of the situation.  Israel cannot be destroyed from off the land.  Israel cannot be sued or shamed off the land and Israel will never be defeated off the land.  None of those hateful dreams will ever come true.  They will only ever poison new generations for as long as Arabs hate the Jews mindlessly.  Think about that for awhile and smoke another one brother.....

#56    Marks_Thoughts

Marks_Thoughts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

If it were up to me there would be no Arabs in Gaza or the West Bank at all. From the very origins of  Islam it has been nothing except death and destruction wrought by those who profess to be 'peace loving'. If Israel goes to war the US should jump in with both feet and put the stamp of finished to those who are working diligently to make the next war happen.
Islam - good riddance.

#57    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,808 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

So basically, Canaanites grow on trees.
Interesting.
What about Australians? I'd like to think that like Monkey we hatch from celestial stone eggs with irrepressible natures!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#58    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

View Postand then, on 09 May 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

KoS you're a young man and if the cigs don't kill you first you're going to see some incredible changes in your life.  I hope most of them are good for you.  But you can mark my words on this... whether you believe Israel owns the land or not, Israel will always and forever possess the land they hold right now.  And probably much more Arab land because the Arabs keep fighting and losing more and more of their land.  That has been the actual history of the situation.  Israel cannot be destroyed from off the land.  Israel cannot be sued or shamed off the land and Israel will never be defeated off the land.  None of those hateful dreams will ever come true.  They will only ever poison new generations for as long as Arabs hate the Jews mindlessly.  Think about that for awhile and smoke another one brother.....
yeah .. you know cigs are not so bad and living here you might die any min .. so they won't make that difference :D
and i know israel exist actually i think that's not the problem israel got the right to exist as much as palestine
you see they also had been there along time ago too i maybe pulled to the arabs side being one but am not one sided
but the thing is .. they should exist with equality of land , rights , and not by force
i for one don't hate jews really i just don't like their " superiorty theory " on all other peoples

#59    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 09 May 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

genetic studies huh ? carried by whom ... no no don't tell me let me guess ... westerns :D
it's like the criminal is the judge too ! hehehe that's just plain stupid
listen our history is written ages before the palestine israeli conflict unlike yours :P

Is it now? So all of a sudden western history sprang up out of nowhere? Might want to tell the descendents of Romans living in Europe today that the Muslims think that they don't exist and that it is an evil conspriacy to cheat them out of some land which isn't even theirs to begin with let alone theirs today.

Seriously, Western histories go far further back than Islam even exists. Judaism goes further back than Islam exists.

and beside .. if canaanites were there before israelis were there " history proven " even the hippocrate history of yours won't deny it
canannnites were there before the israeli kingdom .. so the land does not belong to israel
and the genetic study is just a joke .. like your opinions :D

My opinions are a joke now? Coming from a Syrian, this is a compliment. The claim that Palestinians are Canaanites and therefore Arabs, as you are proposing, is false, even by Palestinian scholars. Palestinians are more related to Philistines than Canaanites due to geography and claims that they descended from the Philistines, hence why they are called Palestinians.

You need to understand that because the term "semitic" applies to all peoples of the age. It doesn't mean they are the same. Unlike Arabs, which you are, Canaanites, Israelites and the like lived in and originated in the Levant. The Arabs did not. Therefore, they aren't the same and claiming that they are the same people is ridiculous because it isn't based on fact but the ideology of a leprosy doctor based on casual observations.

By your logic then, Knight, you would call me a German because I speak a Germanic language, despite the majority of my lineage being of probably Anglo-Saxon descent and not any "Germanic" peoples.  

i know i know just because canaanites spoke samiliar language to arabs .. looked samliliar to arabs
traded with arabs ... named after their arabic leader name " canaan " .. and even if they came from arabia !

They didn't come from Arabia. They originated in modern day Israel, Palestine and also moved as far east as Western Jordan and Syria. Therefore, they are not Arabs. It's not difficult to understand Knight.

As I said, basing your education on the ideology of a bored leprosy doctor isn't going to hold up.  

By your logic then, the Israelites were Arabs because they spoke a semitic language and looked similar and quite possibly traded with Arabs as well.

that doesn't make them arabs !! they're aliens i tell you !!
am starting a new theory based on your intellegant and breakthrough science theory of yours it says :

They might as well be because they certainly aren't "Arab" as you claim.

Knight, I know this is difficult with for you to understand but as someone who doesn't live under the influence of a murderous tyrant and is actually civilised, I can say with all my heart that what you are saying is, well, crap. Bascially, all you have to say to claim this is "well, their skin colour was brown, so they must be Arabs". I could turn my skin colour brown if I stood in the sun for long enough, but that makes me as much of an Arab as a Canaanite.

#60    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostMarks_Thoughts, on 09 May 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

If it were up to me there would be no Arabs in Gaza or the West Bank at all. From the very origins of  Islam it has been nothing except death and destruction wrought by those who profess to be 'peace loving'. If Israel goes to war the US should jump in with both feet and put the stamp of finished to those who are working diligently to make the next war happen.
Islam - good riddance.
in your dreams

Also tagged with middle east

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users