Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Truth Commission: Lake Monster Does Exist

rashore

Lagarfljótsormurinn, the giant serpent rumored to inhabit the lake Lagarfljót near Egilsstaðir in East Iceland truly exists, as announced on Saturday by the majority of a 13-person truth commission established in 2012 by the Fljótsdalshérað municipal council.

http://icelandreview.com/news/2014/08/25/truth-commission-lake-monster-does-exist

I thought it interesting that the guy got a heap of money for putting up the video and creating more tourism. Not all too sure if I believe the lake monster exists though.

• Like 1

Well, it's obviously mechanic, seeing how the thing move. The Video is ligit as there is not special effects added afterwards, but there is definitely some mecanical prop being used here.

Video discussed years ago on here.

Debris stuck in the current. It is not moving upstream, it is idle, the current is moving it.

I believe a fishing net was the answer from another site.

• Like 1

This is the one people said looked like a snake swimming in near freezing water. I agree that it does not appear to be moving, just sweeping back and forth by the current. The illusion of movement is due to the various debris floating by the thing, but if you look at the tree branches it is easy to see the "head" is stationary.

This beast exists in just the same way that faeries, trolls and elves live--according to ancient Icelandic lore still ascribed to by many Islanders. . .

Video discussed years ago on here.

Debris stuck in the current. It is not moving upstream, it is idle, the current is moving it.

I believe a fishing net was the answer from another site.

Yeppers, I think the original thread was from 2012. Instead of necroposting, I figured the new topic about the guy being awarded was more appropriate.