Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist activity in a Shropshire pub

Anomalocaris

A "poltergeist" has been captured on CCTV throwing glasses around in a Shropshire pub. The creepy clip shows pint glasses falling to the floor one by one- but with no one visibly behind the act.

Are two drowned children's ghosts haunting this pub? Spooky CCTV shows glasses being thrown off shelf

Edited by Anomalocaris

You know how to fix that problem, level your shelves or put something like spongy mats to help stabilize the shoddy carpentry in your establishment.

• Like 1

This is becoming a familiar phenomenon amongst failing drinking establishments!

• Like 2

This is becoming a familiar phenomenon amongst failing drinking establishments!

And this excuse is becoming familiar with sceptics who can't explain something.

Yeah. You can imagine the speed of a spooked rat trying to squeeze behind those glasses on its way across the shelf. Spooked by the ghost probably. Or it could be a ghost rat. Hopefully not carrying ghost plague.

Unless I'm missing something, the thrown objects seem to appear from nowhere and fling themselves.

Please someone tell me at what point in this video the glasses fly off

If its when they come off the shelf, as an ex landlord I have seen many wet when glasses turned upside down to dry, slide across the bar/shelf.

The scientists on here will have a name for it

I would say its an earthquake but ive had the same thing happen in my house. I thought it was my 3 year old making messes but things just randomly fall down and sometimes we both walk outside and when i come back in toys are dumped or random things are strewn across the floor. Cant figure out how.

In this case im willing to bet that the shelf is a smooth surface and the glasses were improperly stored. If you set a wet glass upside down on a glass table it can sporadically slide away. I bet the shelf was just wet.

^^Woops you beat me to it guess i was typing too slow lol

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

If you watch closely you can clearly see one of the glasses being pushed from behind. Very badly hoaxed.

• Like 1

At 17 seconds you can see a finger or perhaps a stick pushing the glass.

• Like 1

Unless I'm missing something, the thrown objects seem to appear from nowhere and fling themselves.

In the part of the video you're referencing the camera is pointed at the bar, the glasses fall from a shelf that's not in the shot. If you watch more of the video it shows a different camera angle where you can see the glasses sliding off of the shelf. My guess is that this is a hoax and someone off camera is pulling a string attached to an object behind the glasses that is pushing the pint glasses off of the shelf one by one. If that's not what's happening then it's a mystery. I doubt it's wet glasses sliding as welsh shaun speculates because I've only seen hot glasses do that and this vid looks to be taken after hours so the glasses are probably cool.

The shadow on the wall on the right does not co intie with the glasses being thrown off.....I think someone forgot people make shadows.

as for the second part.....dharma, you spotted it, so did I and I guess many others have.

This sure is a bad one....if his beer is anything like his hoax videos, no wonder he is desperate to try to drum up trade.

Edited by freetoroam

And this excuse is becoming familiar with sceptics who can't explain something.

You do not even have to be a skeptic to see this is a hoax.

This one can be explained, its all on the video if you take your blinkeks off. :yes:

How remarkable that no cameras are looking toward the bar from the seating area.

Nothing that string, or as already mentioned, some one pushing them.

Very bad hoax.

Maybe it's a ghost pulling the fishing line. :passifier:

• Like 1

Is it me or I can see a hand behind the shelves pushing the glasses towards the edge of the shelf at 00:10 secs. The hand is very quick, but you can/should see it.

Some of the locals have come to attribute the mysterious occurrence to the ghosts of ..

Have they...?

Some of the cynical observers :st are SO sick to death of pubs desperate to drum up business that they will do it from the gutter with lame pranks like this.... I no longer bother giving the videos any hits. If I lived nearby I'd go and give the pub owner a bit of a talking to (and NO business whatsoever).

i would hate cleaning that mess up poor bar employees why smash glass all over their workplace seem illogical unless they're idiots... of course.

I find these "spirited" pub flying glass videos amusing. Ever notice that it is the cheap glasses that tend to fly versus the much more costly bottles or pub tap faucets. Good to know that the spirits are both spirited and frugal.