Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow man in the corner

steampunk

Hi, this is my first time posting and I need some help.

I arrived back home from being in town with my friends about an hour ago. I don't drink alcohol, do drugs or on any sort of medication and nobody in my family has any mental illnesses and I don't have any either. I also have 20/20 vision and nothing casts a shadow the shape of a man in that part of the room.

I have seen the Shadow Man all my life and I used to be scared of him but I've learnt to accept him. He would always stand within 10 meters of me, towards the corner of a place. Today I saw him as I sat down at the computer. I turned around to turn my Xbox on, and when I turned around, he was standing at the end of my desk, looking angry. He wagged his finger at me, telling me "No.", so scared, I turned the Xbox off. As soon as I looked back to where he was, he was back in the corner looking normal. 5 minutes later, I got up to answer the phone. He stepped infront of the doorway and wagged his finger, "No.", the phone had only rung twice and it stopped. It turned out to be my mother and she never would hang up after 2 rings.

Next he stepped towards me and told me to Run.

He doesn't have a voice, but I can sense it.

I ran straight out of my room, running downstairs as fast as possible, turning on all the lights as I went and grabbed my dog and sat in a corner.

He is around 7ft tall, of slim build. Tatty clothes which sway, even when there is no breeze. He has a hood on his head and his eyes are like human eyes, only much bigger.

I do not know what it is, if ghost or demon and would really like some help. He has been fine for all the years of my life and never tried to restrict me doing anything.

this is pretty ****!ng creepy. i cant realise how you were able to get used to a shadow person being with you all this time. given the fact that his eyes are like a humans but bigger sets away the theory that its a shadow person and also that he's been there with you all this time, simple shadow people are creatures of entirely different vibrations alot different from ghosts and the sort. i cant even guess at this point and i dont even know if i should believe you. maybe a picture will do the trick or anything else. but hevertheless if anything else happens keep us posted :D

Oh my goodness... This reminds me so much of my mom's old house and what we used to see...

In the upstairs hallway, we would see a 6/7ish foot tall man with an all black cloak and a hood, but no face. It wouldn't move at all and wouldn't make a sound. One day my mum apparently asked it if it had a face, and it lifted off the hood, revealing nothing there. They moved houses, and began seeing it again in their new house, also in the upstairs hallway.

I'd like any info on what this could be, too, my mum and dad's whole family have seen it and it sounds a lot like your encounter.

Edited by Agent D. Scully

Yesterday it happened again but even worse.

I was once again in my room, he was in the corner and I was keeping an eye on him because I have been terrified of him because of the events lately. I was on Skype with my most trusted friend, talking to her about what happened. We were on webcam and there was no lag or interference (we both have really good internet connection).

The conversation switched to about our GCSE English coursework and all of a sudden I felt something slap me in the face. I immediately looked up and the Shadow Man was running back towards his corner. I started shouting at him and told him to leave me alone. I went and looked in the mirror and there was a handprint on my face. My friend told me that I had not slapped myself and had seen nothing but a shadow move across my face. He has become increasingly annoying. Here are a list of things he has done:-

Kicked my dog (she got knocked over and started barking at the corner of the kitchen and growling and whimpering. She is a large labrador, nothing can knock her down.)

Tripped me up numerous times (nothing in the area of where I was walking could of tripped me up)

Wiped CDs of all data (My entire signed Pantera Album collection, my prized possession, was wiped clean.)

Slashed piano strings (piano tuner said every string had been cut)

Photos on camera appearing of dark figures in corners (This is a camera that I have not touched in months and keep up on the top shelf of my room. NOBODY has touched it because the cover has dust on it and no fingerprints or signs of it being moved were there when I looked through the holiday album of it).

At this moment, he is standing in the doorway and a pen, in the middle of a table, no windows open, not on a slant or anything, rolled across the desk and fell off the table.

Does it have some sort of red ''eyes''?

His eyes are a dark grey. They are bloodshot when he is in a bad mood and clear when he is in a good mood.

[...]

Photos on camera appearing of dark figures in corners (This is a camera that I have not touched in months and keep up on the top shelf of my room. NOBODY has touched it because the cover has dust on it and no fingerprints or signs of it being moved were there when I looked through the holiday album of it).

[...]

Could you upload some of these pictures? That would be great.

Many claim to see this Shadow Man, but he is usually not talking or touching you, because it seems to be a common symptom of sleep paralysis.

Hmmmmmmmm.... Tough one. Your not in an altered state and he has been with you for a long time..... Have you tried confronting him? I have got several ideas. One of each psychological..... Biological.... And metaphysical/spiritual..... Which one do you want.

Regardless you should tell a councelor or doctor..... Simple medication may get rid of him from your awareness.

Edited by Seeker79

If this isn't just a story (which I kinda think it is), have you ever sought medical treatment?

EDIT: upon rereading your next "account", this is nothing more than a load of BS. All of your CDs are blank and the piano strings all were cut? :rolleyes: Yeah, sure.

Edited by Moonie2012

I have seen things but never a shadow man. It sounds like you may have reason to be afraid of this thing and he wants to control you. I would get a priest to bless the house or look into other ways to run him off.

Unfortunately this sounds like a load of BS to me. Wiped CD data? Unless this thing is made of microwaves or some other kind of extremely dangerous substance, that can't happen.

• Like 1

could be a story made up of BS but in my experience theres always truth behind every lie.

i personaly dont think your lying...exaggerating??? maybe..

ive grown up with a shadow man but he has never harmed me or anyone else. i used to think maybe he was a guardian angel but i only see him when im upset or something is going to happen. i speak to him alot and although he never answers i can feel what he is saying. ive never heard of them destroying belongings though...why wouldnt he let you answer the phone? why did he tell you to run? have you told it leave?

from what your saying hes a frequent vistitor so i find it a fair assumption your family have seen it also?

that's creepy. maybe it's not a shadow man but a ghost

Edited by Xanthurion2

Mind if I ask your age? I don't know if what you say is true, but if it is, you may want to consider looking at it from a medical point of view.

If you are young, you could be suffering early on schizophrenic hallucination. It can get worse over the years without any treatment, much worse. See a doctor immediately.

Mind if I ask your age? I don't know if what you say is true, but if it is, you may want to consider looking at it from a medical point of view.

If you are young, you could be suffering early on schizophrenic hallucination. It can get worse over the years without any treatment, much worse. See a doctor immediately.

as she mentioned GCSE exams, this will make her 15, 16 or 17 at the very oldest

maybe this "shadow man" is just asking for attention, i kinda believe you but the CD erasing and piano thing just doesnt fit. i would also suggest seeing a doctor about all this possibly being a hallucination, before calling on priests and the sort

could be a story made up of BS but in my experience theres always truth behind every lie.

I am Barack Obama.

Pics or it didn't happen

Pics or it didn't happen

I'd like to see a pic of the cut piano strings. Should be easy enough to tell from a pic if they are actually cut/broken. However, we won't get any such pic. The OP has been in and out of here for the past couple days and hasn't said a word - checking to see if anyone is falling for the story, I imagine.

And since when do "shadow men" have discernible details? Shadow men are supposed to be just shadows. This isn't one of those.

Edited by Moonie2012