Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How to opt out of Obamacare and not be fined

obamacare

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,200 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 26 October 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

There are all kinds of exceptions to freedom of religion from a ban on infant sacrifices to not permitting church bells be rung certain hours.  I think if the public need is demonstrable and important, then any freedom can be put in second place.
Of course you think any freedom can be put in 2nd place; just listen to your posting history.  Again someone would have to prove in a court of law that ringing bells at certain hours were their religious belief and if they succeed then they can ring the bells.  If you can find the federal precedent laws being "all kinds of exceptions to freedom of religion" I'd love to see them.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Also tagged with obamacare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users