Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fantastic Four [2015]

Keel M.

Younger looking cast this time around.

Edited by Child of Bast

Maybe, if this movie bombs as badly as I feel it might, Sony will allow the film rights to the FF to go back to Marvel...

• Like 2

Maybe, if this movie bombs as badly as I feel it might, Sony will allow the film rights to the FF to go back to Marvel...

please sweet baby moose jesus let it happen because then marvel will stop treating the FF like crap in the comics too.... and we could have galactus in a avengers movie

• Like 2

Younger looking cast this time around.

how can you make richards younger than the comic book richards. he has graying hair.

how can you make richards younger than the comic book richards. he has graying hair.

The same way they made Sue Storms brother Johnny, black... Just ignore the story line...

• Like 1

You can tell I know nothing of any comics besides Xmen because I think this looks good!

• Like 1

The same way they made Sue Storms brother Johnny, black... Just ignore the story line...

i still hate that they are going from this

35ndkwj.jpg

to some weak boring and uninteresting character like an anti social computer hacker/blogger... just stop sony please kiss and make up with marvel make billions of dollars together whats wrong with that?

• Like 1

i still hate that they are going from this

35ndkwj.jpg

to some weak boring and uninteresting character like an anti social computer hacker/blogger... just stop sony please kiss and make up with marvel make billions of dollars together whats wrong with that?

I had not heard they were changing Doom's back story... Pity... he is one of the most iconic bad guys in comics...

I know a lot of people slam on the two earlier FF movies... But I actually kind of liked them... They weren't award winners by any stretch of imagination... But they were entertaining and the characters were more or less

like they are in the books...

• Like 3

Reading up on this during its production, it seems like they went out of their way to ignore the source material. The movie itself might be decent, but I highly doubt it'll be a Fantastic Four movie. Why they went with the choices they did when Marvel has demonstrated the average movie goer will buy some of the more absurd things in the pantheon leaves me face palming myself.

• Like 3

Looks like bull shiet

Pass. This has been reported as a terrible trainwreck from day one, and after seeing the teaser trailer, my mind hasn't changed. I won't part with one single coin to see this movie.

I hope this spells the end of Marvel titles in non-Marvel Studios hands, that's the only good I think can come from this.

You mean we have to sit through another origin story for them.....

Nope. I'm not sitting through it. Or standing. Or anything.

i want an ultimates version of fantastic four i want reed richards going insane and johnny storm disfiguring him, susan storm marrying ben grimm they want to go this overplayed and overused darker edgier superhero story use the ultimate FF.

Ultimate_Comics_Doom_Vol_1_4_Page_21_Reed_Richards_%28Earth-1610%29.jpg

Edited by Iron_Lotus

• 6 months later...

hopefully it doesn't do well overseas like fox movies tend too, marvel should be getting those rights back soon. it picked up like 35 million overseas already

• Like 1

Going up against TOm 'Pretty boy' Cruise is hardly a fair baseline but I guess all that overly grand and devastating earth shattering plots are beginning to get tiresome ~ here its just a case of a movie about a team of Superhuman Heroes against a movie hero of super human feats ~ and yeah ... even if Jessica does another pseudo nude tangent for this one it still would have all been in vain ...

~

Box Office: ‘Fantastic Four’ Flops with $26.2M, Loses to 'Mission: Impossible'

Can't say this surprises me. I didn't really like the look of it and had no intention of seeing it.

Yeah, it was doomed (yes, a pun) from the start. Hopefully they'll give it up and Marvel Studios can get the FF property and do it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this today in the theaters. It was complete trash and bombed so badly. Worse yet is that the director of this hot mess REFUSES to take any blame for this movie's complete and utter failure.

You didn't pay actual money to see it, did you? They are trying to make a sequel to it, and the less money they get the better. Though they'll just use money from their other projects to fund it, even if that new X-Men abomination bombs as well. Fox is stubborn and persistent, if anything. And in denial.