Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Favorite Recurring Dream Scenario

_Only

I think most of us have recurring dream scenarios, where we tend to do something in particular, or be somewhere, meet someone, etc. Which can you think of that is your favorite recurring dream?

Mine is a really fun dream that I know is a lucid dream type, but I almost don't think of it as such because in the way I remember it I am just remembering what I do, as if I am remembering a movie, and not necessarily how I choose to actively participate, though I know (erm, I think) I must have.

Anyway, it's always the same situation and general same setting. I am in an outdoors (sometimes wooded, sometimes more open plain) path, like a somewhat wide hiking trail. At some point I realize that this setting is extremely dangerous, filled with all kinds of scary, dangerous animals (lions, tigers, bears, etc). I start to spot them in the distance, and think about going back, but notice others behind. They don't know I'm here yet. I realize I'm going to have to make my way through them and proceed. This is usually when the fun happens. I'll start to cautiously and nail-bitingly make my way on through the path trying my best to avoid the wild animals. Some ignore me, some notice and head to me. At this point, I start to make some brash running and darting moves escaping them. Then I start jumping. Before I know it, I'm jumping extremely high and long to escape my current situation. Before long, I'm flying through the air, looking down on all of the animals, aware that they can't reach me. This is a great feeling; to be moving completely safe and freely, just above the things that terrify me to think if they caught me. This feeling is why I enjoy this odd, recurring dream situation so much.

What is your favorite recurring dream situation/setting/person, and why?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

I've had no recurring dreams, but have been lucid in the dream state for over 40 years. The first lucid dream I recall came when I was around four.

One of my most intense dreams, in fact one of the most intense experiences of my life period, involved a lucid dream in which a dragon egg hatches in my hands.

In the dream state, I become lucid when I realize how odd it is to be standing in in a massive, mostly empty warehouse, with a maze of empty metal shelves in an extremely long line of people snaking through the shelves leading to an open area far off in the center of this colossal space.

There is only one light in the entire space, a naked bulb hanging from a cord, which I could see as I peer through the empty shelves. It is situated above a simple metal table in an open area in the center of the space, with a large white egg on it. Two people stand to either side of it.

At this point I understand implicitly that each person in this line has one chance to hold the egg and try to make it hatch.

I peer through the shelves as I move through the queue. straining to get a good view, but always a clear view is just beyond reach as the shelves all intertwine in an immense maze. As for the two people with the egg, one watches, the other places the egg in the hands of the next person in line... no one speaks.

As I turn the last corner and come within direct line of sight of the egg, I spontaneously, that is, without intention, begin to make a soft, trilling sound in my mind. A very soothing, sustained cooing sound, a high vibration.

As I get closer, this sound grows in intensity slightly and is joined by a second harmonic sound coming from the egg.

As the egg is placed in my hands, the crescendo of these harmonic tones causes the shell of the egg to simply dissolve and there, in my hands staring up into my eyes with the most incredibly loving, beautiful little face is a white dragonling with these eyes I doubt I will ever forget... She is staring so utterly into me and her entire demeanor is the most gentle reaching out to me in love and joy. Pure gratitude.

And her emerald eyes! I can't accurately describe them other than to say emerald eyes, expressing such love that they are lit from within... I mean exuding light as if the love were beaming from them. Her scales are mother of pearl, with the most intense lavender and palest, palest, impossibly pale blue highlights.

I can see her as clearly in my mind now as if she were sitting here.

This dream still humbles me with its majesty, power and ability to affect my entire self, subtle, physical and emotional...

What a magnificent thing it is to dream!

• Like 1

My favourite recurring dream is me being a part of Sherlock... the show -_- :whistle:

Losing my way :P ... Always the same I want to go somewhere and get lost on the way :)

Currently I also dream a lot about lions.

Edit: Oh my favorite!

... when I fly in my dreams...... :D

Edited by hellwyr

A recurring favourite of mine would be regarding an unknown, nameless man with brown hair who I would suddenly appear with in a strange or futuristic world.

My interaction with this dream guy is a platonic one and over the past years I’ve had some bizarre adventures with him and have been made aware of the negative aspects of things which could be considered as advanced technology.

Although it kind of niggles me that this man remains anonymous even though he reveals this other world…