Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

immortal Souls

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    Philangeli

Philangeli

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• Develop a mind which rests on no thing whatsoever

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

"when you say 'lens' what are you referring to? and what is this lens distorted and clouded with, or should i say how did it get clouded, or was it at one time not clouded?
the shapes and shadows part of this made me think of plato's cave. (?)"

We are actually being our true nature all the time, but our realization of that is clouded by our thoughts, emotions and concepts, like dust on a mirror. Our lens is our personal interpretation of that clouded mirror. Yes, Plato's Cave is a good analogy.

"i feel it's necessary as humans to see things both negatively and positively (black and white if you prefer). how can we know goodness without it's opposite?"

Yes, while people are unenlightened, it is a helpful expedient to have moral codes and adjudge things to be either  good or bad, just like children have to be told to wash their hands. But, your essential nature is like the sun rising in the void - it is neither good nor bad, though what flows from it (love, mercy and compassion), we would generally adjudge to be good.

"how is it that attachment leads always to suffering? this is do not agree with. suffering is subjective in any case.
you mentioned that we are on this path to find our true nature. i am on my path to find my true purpose, my nature is evident to me."

By being attached to something, you will feel the need to protect it which will produce anxiety if something appears to threaten it, for example, my words challenging others' tightly held beliefs. Whatever it is you are attached to will not bring you fulfillment and you will ultimately lose it, which will cause further anxiety and suffering.

By being attached to something, you are imagining there is something outside of your true self which you need to have.
If your true nature is evident to you, why would you consider that there exists a true purpose 'out there' for you to seek?

There is no Holy Grail to find. You already are the Holy Grail.

Philangeli

“When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.” Huang Po

#32    Philangeli

Philangeli

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 31 October 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

If I were a Catholic, I would think I'm in that place called purgatory...instead of being in the Void waiting for the "purification" or deletion of my personality residues for me to be able to merge with God(?). The way I get the Catholic faith is that a person goes to heaven while his identity is still intact, separate from God(?), and God(?) is ever-present, ruling everyone (with a soft glove).

Nirvana is exactly the opposite. One's unique identity is absolutely erased in this reality. Nirvana is totally unreachable from one's material plane of existence and while one is still "aware" of one's personality, uniqueness...separation, as in, "I think; therefore, I am."  

In Nirvana (at least the way my configuration has grasped it), anything outside of Godhead(?) doesn't exist, doesn't compute, doesn't reach It's "awareness" unless one goes through the process of Nirvana (speaking of "Our Town"). God(?) is completely clueless about anything outside of Itself.
From the Buddhist texts I have studied, Nirvana is still within the realms of phenomenal reality, and your true sense of being your true self is not erased. This can be equated with the soul. You are always aware, for that is consciousness - always aware. You can never be 'deleted'.

Philangeli

“When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.” Huang Po

#33    Philangeli

Philangeli

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postseeking8, on 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

The reason I asked this question was my sister died when she was 8 years old I saw her spirit about two weeks after her furanel she seemed really happy and was smiling. This started the idea in my head that are souls are immortal. But I am also confused at if our souls live on do we stay the same in human form? or do we change our form into the other dimension?
There are many mansions in Heaven/Nirvana. You will create the place and the form you feel most happy and comfortable with to share with your loved ones. This earthly 'reality' is only one of many dimensional realities.

Philangeli

#34    aryannatimothy

aryannatimothy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

In my religion, souls are taught as immortals. We as living beings do not know if this is true or not. But that is how religion works and that is how faith works. We believe in these things blind folded.

Discover the power of the mind and know how to manifest what you want. Click mind power secrets to know more.

#35    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostPhilangeli, on 31 October 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

From the Buddhist texts I have studied, Nirvana is still within the realms of phenomenal reality, and your true sense of being your true self is not erased. This can be equated with the soul. You are always aware, for that is consciousness - always aware. You can never be 'deleted'.
Hi Cantando,

I'm not quoting any Buddhist texts. I'm sharing my experience of the Void and the promise of Nirvana, the way my configuration has grasped it.

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
My Lord is not a judge but a loving Divine Being. Love is our natural state, and it also demands us to grow up. Our conscience tells us when we are not in that state of love.

#36    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,255 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Think about it: If God(?) is one, who or what is there to think about?

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
My Lord is not a judge but a loving Divine Being. Love is our natural state, and it also demands us to grow up. Our conscience tells us when we are not in that state of love.

#37    Philangeli

Philangeli

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 31 October 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Think about it: If God(?) is one, who or what is there to think about?
You've got it in one!

There is nothing to think about.
When all thoughts are cut off, your true face appears.

Edited by Philangeli, 31 October 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Philangeli

#38    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,255 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I tell you: The 21st century is a "new" era, indeed.

#39    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

I believe that this body is only physical and that our souls inhabit these forms in order to learn lessons such as compassion and remorse.

Once all these lessons are learnt I believe we ascend to some higher form (Not necessarily heaven) where we can then do as we choose.

#40    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostPhilangeli, on 30 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

The mind creates everything within it, including perceived external reality, all of which is temporal. You conceive of others, who appear to be different, but that is just your lens of perception. You believe 'others' are real, but where are they, if not in your mind?

Actually this is physically incorrect. External reality exists independent of us. We have evolved, as an independent but integrated self aware entity, to perceive, respond to, and interact with all external realities.  Our mind does not create them. They would be there exactly the same, if we and our mind never existed to perceive them. We adjust to them and respond to them so tha we do not try to walk through a wall or off a cliff. Others are real independent entities as are rocks trees flowers etc. Oxygen is real try living without breathing it. Water is real. Try breathing it.

Descartes had it wrong because he did not know enoguh about human neurology thought memory or how our brains work. "We exist, therefore we can think. " Not, "We think therfore we  can know we exist"

Our physical existence enables, and forms, our ability to think and be aware. Our awareness does not create or verify our existence or that of anything else. The universe, and our world, existed long before we became self aware and conscious of their existence.
Others are where they would be if you; shut your eyes, dropped dead, or ceased existing. Their positioning and existence owes nothing to your recognition of them.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#41    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,760 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Well said Mr. Walker :tu:

...of course...there are those who will always make the argument:  Well, how do you know...you don't because all you know is what you 'think' and that is all mental.

Without Phyisical...there is no Mental.  Without Mental...Physical still is.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#42    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,192 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 03 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Actually this is physically incorrect. External reality exists independent of us. We have evolved, as an independent but integrated self aware entity, to perceive, respond to, and interact with all external realities.  Our mind does not create them. They would be there exactly the same, if we and our mind never existed to perceive them. We adjust to them and respond to them so tha we do not try to walk through a wall or off a cliff. Others are real independent entities as are rocks trees flowers etc. Oxygen is real try living without breathing it. Water is real. Try breathing it.
Philangeli is clearly an advocate of monism or solipsism, in which perception is reality and rejects the scientific notion of an objective reality.

#43    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,760 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 03 November 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Philangeli is clearly an advocate of monism or solipsism, in which perception is reality and rejects the scientific notion of an objective reality.

Everybody is an advocate of something...for instance...I am an advocate of Logical Thought

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#44    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Well said Mr. Walker :tu:

...of course...there are those who will always make the argument:  Well, how do you know...you don't because all you know is what you 'think' and that is all mental.

Without Phyisical...there is no Mental.  Without Mental...Physical still is.

Yes. In a sense the metaphysical only exists because of our minds and thoughts. But the physical is always there. Descartes simply didnt have the scientific uunderstandings in his era to appreciate this. We now have a good understanding of brain function and human neurology/physiology . Philosophically it is an interesing pov., but if taken literally it leads us to a dead end.
To appreciate the truth we have to understand that we and our minds are evolved and integrated products of an external environment which preceded us. Our consciousness is a physical product of those evolved capacities.

Edited by Mr Walker, 03 November 2012 - 10:16 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#45    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 03 November 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

It takes all kinds, and I wont denigrate anothers  philosophical beliefs, but to me that is akin to believing in creation.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users