Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Ghosts?

Fairie

I've mentioned at various times about weird things in my house, but something disturbingly tangible happened about 10 minutes ago and I'm just having a bit of a wonder.

Whatever it is in my house has produced some weird smells in the past, generally really nasty ones, but a few minutes ago I was just sitting by the computer when I had a really strong scent of perfume in my nose. It was quite floral and unlike anything that I have in the house.

I've been told that different scents can be displays of different types of spirits.

Is this a different entity to the funky smelling one, or is it just in a better mood?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fairie

• TheBloom

• wardrich

• earthygirl04

Crikey, Fairie, that's what I call a recent experience! grin2.gif

My mum used to get strong bursts of lavender, when she was a girl, and my gran used to tell her it was the perfume of a late aunt.

As has been mentioned here in a few threads, smells and sounds are the easiest manifestations, requiring the smallest amount of energy. So perhaps this manifestation is of a ghost that had previously gone unnoticed in your home?

Perhaps it has made itself known through sounds, which no one noticed, but now it has created this scent, that somehow has a bearing on the entity's history, and you happened to be in the right place to catch a whiff?

Maybe it's charging up for a visual appearance? Or did you not want to hear that? wink2.gif

I soooooo do not want to hear that!

Although we have had a couple of vaguely physical things going on, some china has been moved around and a little vase shattered right infront of my brother about two weeks ago. Plus all of my paint brushes vanished from more or less the spot where I smelt the perfume, only to reappear exactly where some of the china had moved to. Very strange.

fantastic story...sorry i cant offer any more advice apart from i agree with these guys. thumbsup.gif Let us know of any more happenings?

maybe a visual appearance wouldn't be so bad. It may help you identify who the person is. If it happens, just stay calm and cool (easier said than done I know).

-Richard-

If it happens, just stay calm and cool (easier said than done I know).

You're telling me! ohmy.gif

If it happens, just stay calm and cool (easier said than done I know).

You're telling me! ohmy.gif

I'd probably p*** myself... become paralyzed, ice cold, then hope the being either makes me run, or feel better... Ghost friends would be cool... if they're kind spirits.

-Richard-

The first time I saw a ghost was at the top of my cousin's staircase, I almost broke my neck running downstairs and never went upstairs on my own again. It would be quite irritating if I had to do that at home. disgust.gif

Hell no! She was a right cow! Plus, I'm pretty sure she knew there was something creepy with her house, no-one ever wanted to be upstairs on their own, not even my mother, the queen of sceptics!

I only found out that my mum had a problem with it by accident, no-one in the family ever seems to mention it. There's probably a skeleton in a closet there...

The first time I saw a ghost was at the top of my cousin's staircase, I almost broke my neck running downstairs and never went upstairs on my own again. It would be quite irritating if I had to do that at home. disgust.gif

I have a spirit in my home. I've seen it three times...i can barely go to bed at night for fright of it. I don't have any doubt that it's hostile. I remember i was alone in the house for a short while...and i couldn't bare to switch out the lights as i went to bed...i couldnt lock up for fear of it hearing i was locked in (i did in the end)...and i couldnt go upstairs...so i brought my blanket down and slept on the sofa....FINALLY managed to get to sleep....when i woke up in the morning, the table in study (which was formally the dining area) was turned over and the mirror was smashed. I'm a heavy sleeper and sometimes i sleeptalk...but i have never sleepwalked. Whenever i hear that im going to be alone in the house now i go and stay with a friend somewhere. I know it may sound childish...but you can't blame me...i can't exactly move house i don't have the cash.

Fairie, from what you have described, I'd say that if the phenomenon are the product of a spirit, it seems to be a fairly amiable one. That's good. thumbsup.gif

Why not talk to it the next time something happens? See what transpires. It clearly doesn't mean you harm or distress, like the earlier nasty smells. It probably just wants to communicate.

original.gif

Why not talk to it the next time something happens? See what transpires. It clearly doesn't mean you harm or distress, like the earlier nasty smells. It probably just wants to communicate.

Great idea!!! With a sweet smell like that, I've heard it's a good spirit. Just say, "Hello there! I know your here." thumbsup.gif