Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Neanderthal to be born to surrogate mother?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#16    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,799 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 19 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

yep , would not be a free person... for sure.
yes, that's the difference from recreating an extinct Animal; it's a whole different ball game, ethics-wise. It is getting very close to the dream,s of Dr Frankenstein.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#17    WelshRed

WelshRed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Possibly, but the first 30,000 seems a long time to do this research. :cry:
maybe they need a sponsor to cover the costs for 30,000 years, i do hope the sponsor is not the tax payer.

What they mean is if it succeeded it would be the 1st Neanderthal for 30,000 years (since they died out) not that it will take 30,000 years to do it. ;)

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostWelshRed, on 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

What they mean is if it succeeded it would be the 1st Neanderthal for 30,000 years (since they died out) not that it will take 30,000 years to do it. ;)
I am getting that now, but it would not be the 1st for 30,000 years, it would be the first Neanderthal-like embry, which as pointed out, is a whole different ballgame.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just one?  Why not three or four, so the poor thing isn't lonely?  I wouldn't want to be the only one of my kind, would you?  And what are they planning to do with the poor creature once it is born?  Study it for as long as it lives, I suppose.  Hope they never do this.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 19 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Just one?  Why not three or four, so the poor thing isn't lonely?  I wouldn't want to be the only one of my kind, would you?  And what are they planning to do with the poor creature once it is born?  Study it for as long as it lives, I suppose.  Hope they never do this.
Only one for the moment, they will not know what kind of freak they have created until the surrogate gives birth to it. But if they do not succeed, am sure they will keep trying!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

sounds like a doctor Mengele a type of experiment.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#22    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• Nothing is as it may seem.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Its true.. honestly.. what are they using, 30,000 year old sperm? even in the frozen state there. There still brain degrade.. or more specifically neural degrade. No point in doing it. Might as well just decode the Stationary an "civilized" species codes and documentations.. Posibly even the traveling neanderthals co allignment between the two human species aquiature and documentation.. No reason for pulling a fake and acting like all is ok.

Open Your Mind To New Experiences

#23    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

that sounds amazing  guys do it!!!that would be awsome too bringing extinct animals like a Sabertooth tigers and etc but also the first human as well.that would make history its so cool and exciting to hear this guys.i say do it!!!theres no harm anyway.plus we get to study and see a live neandethraw and see it in action.

Edited by King Cobra 1408, 19 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#24    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

this story is a lot like the story of the ice king, of Atlantis encased in a giant Ice Volcano, a supposed Atlantic city, completely evacuated except for one corpse at a supposed throne in the ice encasing. Brain put into a childs head and his neural system still being in tact but in a shock state from the reality change and the concept of being born.

Apparently some sort of American Revolution... I have a link from a i forgot what they were called.. Knights or whatever who were supposedly killed. They posted something on it. Not how I know bout it. Just intrigued me that there the only ones to mention the story.

Edited by KainFall, 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostKing Cobra 1408, on 19 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

that sounds amazing  guys do it!!!that would be awsome too bringing extinct animals like a Sabertooth tigers and etc but also the first human as well.that would make history its so cool and exciting to hear this guys.i say do it!!!theres no harm anyway.plus we get to study and see a live neandethraw and see it in action.

But its is not a Neanderthal, its Neanderthal-like embry. You will not be seeing a real Neanderthal in action, you will be observing a creature created in a lab...if it even survives....do you think this is a good thing to study the poor thing?

#26    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Oh great. We can't find "Bigfoot" so we'll create one instead.  :passifier:

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postpallidin, on 19 January 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Oh great. We can't find "Bigfoot" so we'll create one instead.  :passifier:
And Nessy.

#28    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostKainFall, on 19 January 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Its true.. honestly.. what are they using, 30,000 year old sperm? even in the frozen state there. There still brain degrade.. or more specifically neural degrade. No point in doing it. Might as well just decode the Stationary an "civilized" species codes and documentations.. Posibly even the traveling neanderthals co allignment between the two human species aquiature and documentation.. No reason for pulling a fake and acting like all is ok.

Wow.  If there were using sperm it would just be a surrogate mother.  It wouldn't be cloning.  You should look up what cloning really is...

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#29    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Wow.  If there were using sperm it would just be a surrogate mother.  It wouldn't be cloning.  You should look up what cloning really is...

Theyre thinking bout using a surrogate mother?? I know what cloning is im not stupid.. I also know its illegal.. unless something has changed in the past.. 2 years since iv been in school. Fairly odd you didnt notice they said there thinking of surrogating. Saying there cloning is like saying there just gonna take its DNA and do a super Stem cell Production.. That would be so awkward.. Playing God. Even though it is A Clone.. But still being said.. They mentioned Surrogating. in this article..

I have a stronger question for you.. Do you even know how surrogates work?? or maybe the egg and sperm in a tube until at a rype age where they insert into the woman to grow at a NORMAL process.. so you answered nothing for me.. They could still be using Sperm.. You should look up cloning.. There millions of ways apparently... Still iIlegal.

But I got to admit. With the Crazy ass Stem Cell Research they got going on.. I bet they could turn hair or some skin or whatever into straight up sperm.. Bunch of weirdos.. But it still comes to my point of, It defeats the purpose of gaining the facts..

Edited by KainFall, 19 January 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#30    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Silly question. Of course it would have to be a surrogate mother. If they were using an actual Neanderthal mother, there wouldn't be much point to all that cloning, would there?
If they're successful we are looking at the future president of the NRA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users