Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A what if History question

Dave67

How would the History of the World been changed if in the Mid 1920s Trotsky and other Communists stopped Stalin like they had a chance to? I think the USSR would have been much more aggressive in trying to overthrow European and World governments than they were(Since Trotsky didn't believe in Stalin's Communism in one Country idea). What are Your opinions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Method

• Seraphina

• Wookie McFly

• Dave67

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it would be too much different, i'm sure another just as cruel, and brutal leader would have filled in. What most people dont know is that almost all leaders in the USSR were just as brutal as stalin.

It does raise the question as to whether or not the Nazis might have won World War Two...it really depends how the new non-Stalanist regime would have shaped up, especially on a military front, when Hitler finally turned in their direction (if he turned in their direction at all before dealing with the western front).

But that raises another question, would the pact have been signed between Stalin and Hitler, and how would that have changed the earth as we know it?

I highly doubt much would have changed in those early years of the USSR... However, much of the resulting Russian leaders spent a good deal of time moving away from Stalinist practices and quite frankly one could link the "open information" policies of the late 1980s and the resulting collapse of the USSR directly to reaction against Stalinism in the 1940s and 50s...