Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Other side of gun ownership

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#61    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Posted Image 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders
Here's one reason to own an AR-15.

A 15-year old boy used his father’s AR-15 to defend himself and his 12-year old sister against two burglars at their home just north of Houston, Texas.
Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

The boy grabbed the AR-15 and shot at them. The two later showed up at a Tomball hospital. The adult was hit three times and was flown to Memorial Hermann hospital, while the juvenile was taken back to the crime scene.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

More stories are coming out about armed citizens defending their lives and property with legally owned firearms. In the span of a week, Breitbart News has reported how a mother used a .38 revolver against an intruder, a man used his weapon to protect his 2-month old son, and a Colorado man invoked the Make My Day law in Colorado in using lethal force to defend himself against three intruders.

Senator Dianne Feinstein and others are trying to push through major gun control laws that would include banning the AR-15, the same gun used by the teenage boy.

http://www.breitbart....ainst-Burglars

http://www.khou.com/....-97430719.html

Nice soft cuddly feeling in your heart aside, how is it that a 15 year old boy had access to an AR-15 and ammo? Is that what you call gun control?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#62    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 January 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Nice soft cuddly feeling in your heart aside, how is it that a 15 year old boy had access to an AR-15 and ammo? Is that what you call gun control?

You're right. He should have sat down and let the intruders kill him and his sister. Doesn't he know its dangerous to use a gun! He could have been hurt!

#63    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Probably the same way I did when I was fifteen, only these were handguns and rifles. I was taught where they were, NEVER to touch them, and in cases of EXTREME danger I could then use them.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#64    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'd assume that dad lets the kid have access for this very reason, the kids are home alone.  He sure knew how to use it because dad taught him.  Good for them.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#65    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I'd assume that dad lets the kid have access for this very reason, the kids are home alone.  He sure knew how to use it because dad taught him.  Good for them.

I'm sure that's what every parent of a kid who either shot himself or others with his dads gun thought too.

Why even have a minimum age to carry guns then? Let's just give them to 15 year olds. Hell, they should be allowed to conceal carry too, for self defense, right?

----Seraphina

#66    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

No one said anything about 'carrying' or 'concealed'.

I have friends that have had guns since they were 3 years old and are teaching their kids at that age and buying them their own little .22's.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#67    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,857 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Like my dad taught me to use firearms from the age of six. We were taught to respect them and never touch them without adult supervision unless under extreme danger.

Why didn't this sort of thing happen more often, in rural areas, where almost every kid had access to guns from the time they were born 100 years ago?

#68    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

-Patton

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

No one said anything about 'carrying' or 'concealed'.

I have friends that have had guns since they were 3 years old and are teaching their kids at that age and buying them their own little .22's.

Teaching them under supervision is one thing and its good. Having AR15s or any guns easily accessible to a child is something different,

This particular story ended well, fine. Are you telling me that you don't see the problem with a child knowing how to get his hands on a gun and ammo?

And of you're going to tell me how its ok for a child to have access to a gun so he can protect himself there, then why not take it a step further and allow them to concealed carry guns... you know, to protect them from kidnappers on the streets?

----Seraphina

#69    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,857 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 January 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

Teaching them under supervision is one thing and its good. Having AR15s or any guns easily accessible to a child is something different,

This particular story ended well, fine. Are you telling me that you don't see the problem with a child knowing how to get his hands on a gun and ammo?

And of you're going to tell me how its ok for a child to have access to a gun so he can protect himself there, then why not take it a step further and allow them to concealed carry guns... you know, to protect them from kidnappers on the streets?

Not if you have a responsible, well adjusted child.

#70    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I had my first .22 rifle when I was 4... On top of that, I was shown where the keys to the gun cabinet was when I was 8 or 9 years old, just for the reason of possible home intruders.  

It's a miracle I haven't killed anyone, I must be an anomaly. :/

#71    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 January 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

I'm sure that's what every parent of a kid who either shot himself or others with his dads gun thought too.

Why even have a minimum age to carry guns then? Let's just give them to 15 year olds. Hell, they should be allowed to conceal carry too, for self defense, right?
You know there's a big difference between a kid who thinks he knows how to handle a gun and a kid who is taught well how to handle one. There is also the matter of how responsible the parents are and how they've reared their kid. Then there is the matter of responsible parents knowing wether or not their kid is sensible enough to be taught and involved with the gun in the first place.
I think for the most part that responsible legal gun owners far outweigh irresponsible ones so I don't think the former should be scalded for the acts of idiots. Most times when you hear on the news of a kid getting ahold of a gun in the wrong way it's because of an irresponsible parent who has illegal guns lying around. It happens in the hood all the time.

Posted Image

#72    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,892 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder
State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC) Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties.
The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.
"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone.
"I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask?
It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

edit; as i read more source to the story, i found out, the story happened 1,5 years ago, the senator was indited. and could do few years, didn't find how it ended however.

Edited by aztek, 11 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#73    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Arming children and teaching them how to use them at the age of 3 ,pmsl at that. Ha ha ha ha omg my sides are hurting. Please stop you kiddie training stories, there too funny.

#74    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,892 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

View Posts33ker, on 11 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Arming children and teaching them how to use them at the age of 3 ,pmsl at that. Ha ha ha ha omg my sides are hurting. Please stop you kiddie training stories, there too funny.

funny stuff, right?

however it isn't uncommon here,  country was armed since day1, guns were everywhere around, not locked up in safes but worn, shot,  and  poses all the time,   and so were kids, around adults, and guns,    so they learned early,

but yea, you should see small kid's rifles they  make,  you'll lyoa.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#75    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,422 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Since she put all her bullets in this one guy, what would she of done if there had been more than one.  She needed something that held more bullets but that's going to be illegal soon.

Glad her and the kids are safe.  Thanks to the gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users