Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Lennon's tooth: clone dead Beatle?

BiffSplitkins

Could John Lennon live to sing again?

One dentist hopes to make it happen by cloning the Beatle through DNA in his tooth.

Dr. Michael Zuk purchased Lennon's tooth in 2011 and since taken it around the world, used it to make a line of DNA pendants and now, handed it over to scientists to extract the DNA code from the rotted molar.

“If scientists think they can clone Mammoths, then John Lennon could be next,” Zuk said.

Read more:

jeffgolblum_zpse9273e4c.jpg

• Like 2

Even if you could clone a person... All you are going to get is another person who happens to share the same basic DNA... Not a Xerox copy... Odds are it would not

look like him (though it might bare some resemblence) and there is absolutely NO guarantee it would have his thought processes or ability to compose songs...

The resultant clone would be far more likely be a perfectly ordinary person - providing it doesn't suffer from a malady related to being cloned...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

Even if you could clone a person... All you are going to get is another person who happens to share the same basic DNA... Not a Xerox copy... Odds are it would not

look like him (though it might bare some resemblence) and there is absolutely NO guarantee it would have his thought processes or ability to compose songs...

The resultant clone would be far more likely be a perfectly ordinary person - providing it doesn't suffer from a malady related to being cloned...

Exactly. The clone's parents would have to rase the child the exact same life that Lennon grew up in and all the same situations in his life would have to occur. Even then it's not a gaurantee that the clone would be anything like John. He could end up being a priest for all we know.

Besides, there already is a John Lennon clone when it comes to sounding like John Lennon and possessing huge musical talent, his name is Julian Lennon.

• Like 3

Just like in identical twins, a clone would be a different person. Same DNA, but a different personality. The great people of the past are best left to history.

• Like 2

Odds are it would not look like him (though it might bare some resemblence) and there is absolutely NO guarantee it would have his thought processes or ability to compose songs...

A bit like Julian Lennon then?

Edit... Biff beat me to it... grrrr

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Just like in identical twins, a clone would be a different person. Same DNA, but a different personality. The great people of the past are best left to history.

True, but just to be on the safe side they better creamate Yoko when she dies just in case.

• Like 4

True, but just to be on the safe side they better creamate Yoko when she dies just in case.

I wish they'd cremated her back in 70's.

• Like 2

I wish they'd cremated her back in 70's.

I can't even imagine the shrieks that would have come out of her.

• Like 1

I can't even imagine the shrieks that would have come out of her.

(a bit off topic:)

There is a very non-"politically correct", decidedly tongue-in-cheek role playing game called "Macho Women With Guns" (the name kind of says it all)... One of the monsters has Yoko Ono's head/face set on a huge Lovecraftian horror's

body... It's called Yoko-Shoggoth, it's very existance defies all logic and it can drive entire crowds insane with it's inhuman shrieks. It can't be killed but can be driven off if totally ignored...

The games two main suppliments are "Renegade Nuns on Wheels" and "Bat Winged Bimbo's from Hell"... The rules are a real chuckle to read...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

I agree Biff let it go! John is gone. Enjoy what he wrote. And Julian is a brilliant songwriter he's like John in the fact that they say what they felt needs said,

"saltwater" comes to mind but Julian is a little more subtle than John.

Mabon.

• Like 3

This is ridiculous. I agree with folks that just because you've got a clone doesn't mean they'll be alike. At all. We're talking about a human being here, not Dolly.