Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What did we learn in this election?

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#16    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

2 things.

Blacks, latinos, and other minorities will always vote for the democrat.  ( And it will continue since their numbers are increasing )

Since there are now more takers than makers, they will vote democrat  aswell. ( And it will continue since their numbers are increasing )

#17    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 November 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Ask that question in 4 years.  And see who needs to learn.  Before the election, the majority of Americans said that we as a nation were going in the wrong direction.  Today, it is status quo.

Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) in "State of the Union" said: "You politicians have stayed professionals only because the voters have remained amateurs."

Please, keep doing the same thing...
It gave the Dems a great result this time.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#18    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,403 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

The traditional Republican vote is shrinking,the tea party are out of touch with modern America.Ethnic groups such as the latino community are growing and the Republicans need to clear the dinosaurs out of their party and re-invent themselves because they will probably won't see much of the Whitehouse.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#19    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,708 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I see prop 37 as rather moot. I do not see what it does...So what if something is genetically engineered? Does that some how make it bad? Genetically engineered is the same as genetically selected for, right?

Brassica, or wild mustard, has had traits selected to make cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprots, turnips, rutabaga, kale, and more...

They selected specific genetic traits to make many different types of food...we consider all perfectly fine and natural...

I think I'll stick with natural foods which have been proven safe over millenia...vs. genetically altered food which is relatively new. I think everyone should have the right to know what they are eating. Why not?

Edited by WoIverine, 07 November 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#20    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Hopefully that will change. Obama cannot get elected again. There is no reason to make him look bad by not working with him. He is gone in 4 years. Just work together and get stuff taken care of...
Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. The Republicans had it in their mind that they'd be 'taking back' the White House (that's just the general party, not the individuals who make it up? I'm sure many people weren't thinking this way. So what better way to 'take back' the government then still making it hard on hard on te Democrats. And the Democrats are no better. Compromise to both sides seems to mean 'give up those hard line views you have and come to the center of the aisle'. What are these parties but the hard line views?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#21    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

You guys talk about thess 2 parties as though they are different. As though they arent on the same team. Each has a roll to play, given to them by the banks and corperations. They dont work for you. So pleading that we can finnaly get to work, ect ect, is a total waste of time. You lost America. You lost long before they put these 2 clowns in front of us.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#22    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

I think I'll stick with natural foods which have been proven safe over millenia...vs. genetically altered food which is relatively new. I think everyone should have the right to know what they are eating. Why not?

Stop eating all of the foods I listed above. If you really give a crap what is in your food, it's called Google. You explain to companies why they have to spend more money putting this stuff on the labels and why it is okay they lose business because of these statements.

The truth of the matter is that most people do not give a crap...and if they do give a crap, they already know which are the good foods and which are the bad foods...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...

#23    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 07 November 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

You guys talk about thess 2 parties as though they are different. As though they arent on the same team. Each has a roll to play, given to them by the banks and corperations. They dont work for you. So pleading that we can finnaly get to work, ect ect, is a total waste of time. You lost America. You lost long before they put these 2 clowns in front of us.

Fine...financially we are owned...but what about the social issues? I am for freedom and equality for everyone. That is why I am a liberal. I think gays should have the same rights as everyone else and I think minorities should be taken into consideration. Banks do not play a role in that.

My "about me" page...

#24    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• 1,895 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 07 November 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Ask that question in 4 years.  And see who needs to learn.  Before the election, the majority of Americans said that we as a nation were going in the wrong direction.  Today, it is status quo.

Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) in "State of the Union" said: "You politicians have stayed professionals only because the voters have remained amateurs."

Lol. Yeah...you mean "going in the wrong direction" for Richie Rich, right? If I had millions of dollars or owned a business/corporation and worshipped Greed as my new god, I'd probably say the same damn thing. But it looks like to me the latest votes in this country have spoken and not the so-called "status quo".

The vote talks, everything else walks.

Edited by Purifier, 07 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#25    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

No one would lose a dime having to lable thier product. They already have to lable there product with everything in it. 3 more letters isnt going to cost anything. If a insect cant eat corn cause it has been modified to produce its own pesticide, humans should not be eatting it. We are the only country who doesnt force labling, and others have out right banned it. It is not to much to ask it be labled. This was the one small victory I was hoping for in this election. But no, the sheep go where thier master tell them.

#26    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,403 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Fine...financially we are owned...but what about the social issues? I am for freedom and equality for everyone. That is why I am a liberal. I think gays should have the same rights as everyone else and I think minorities should be taken into consideration. Banks do not play a role in that.

Here lies the problem,issues such as Gay Marriage and abortion should not be decided by Government,they are personal issues that should put down to personal choice.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#27    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

So then you should be voting libertarian. Cause as far as social issues go, dems give you nothing but lip service. I mean seriously, what really changes on those fronts from one administration to the next? You think 0bama is for liberty and freedom? We are talking about a man who wilfully attained the power to wipe you off the planet with no process or recourse what so ever.

#28    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 07 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Here lies the problem,issues such as Gay Marriage and abortion should not be decided by Government,they are personal issues that should put down to personal choice.

Yet the Republicans fight to make it a government issue. Fighting to ban gay marriage is putting it into the governments hands. Ironically, the Republicans are about less government invovlement...

My "about me" page...

#29    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• 1,895 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 07 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

2 things.

Blacks, latinos, and other minorities will always vote for the democrat.  ( And it will continue since their numbers are increasing )

Since there are now more takers than makers, they will vote democrat  aswell. ( And it will continue since their numbers are increasing )

The minority, has now become the majority. Sounds good to me.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#30    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 07 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

So then you should be voting libertarian. Cause as far as social issues go, dems give you nothing but lip service. I mean seriously, what really changes on those fronts from one administration to the next? You think 0bama is for liberty and freedom? We are talking about a man who wilfully attained the power to wipe you off the planet with no process or recourse what so ever.

I do not vote Libertarian because I do not believe Free Market Capitalism is the right way to go. I think a free market oppresses freedom. I am not talking about freedom of the consumer, I am talking about freedom of the workers or those that are getting the benifits of capitalism. The Middle East is not getting freedom and the global south, Jamacia for example, is not getting freedom and wealth from the system. The child workers and slaves did not get freedom. Rational self interest and an unregulated economy is not about freedom and liberty and I think the premise that an economic system could even exist without government involvement is no plausible. There has never been a free market system and government has been involved dating back to the cotton trade.

I am not saying the Dems don't have problems, but they most closely align with what I believe. My ideal system would be a social democracy, which is what they have in the Scandinavian countires. It is a highly regulated captalistic economy and also personal freedom. But I live in America, in the present, and I have to deal with have I have.

My "about me" page...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users