Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Amber Room

Jassy27

Originally constructed in the 18th century in Prussia, the Amber Room disappeared during World War II and was recreated in 2003. Before the room was lost, it was considered an "Eighth Wonder of the World".

The Amber Room was looted during World War II by Army Group North of Nazi Germany and brought to Königsberg for reconstruction and display. Its current whereabouts remain a mystery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Room

Edited by Jassy27
  • Like 1

I've heard that the recreation is pretty accurate.

I've heard that the recreation is pretty accurate.

But the mysteries where is the original one ?

Edited by Jassy27

If it still exist.

i dont think itll be found, watched the vid of them core drilling thru a wall.. theres alot of easier ways, drill a smaller hole and put a camera in to see whats on the other side. im sure they can easily do that first rather than some huge hole that takes days.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah the original is long gone. Even the least cynical person should probably be able to see how and why.

Edited by Skulduggery

Didn't the Nazi's crate it up and move it out along with other priceless objects? It's well known that when their loss became inevitable they destroyed many of their caches of stolen artifacts/priceless art. I fear that the Amber Room may have been one of those destroyed as a result.

I believe the theory that it was somehow destroyed under water. There are a few fire theories but the smell of burning Amber is really strong, and if all that Amber went up in flames it would have been smelled.

Edited by Rinna

Somwhere In this WEBSITE yesterday I read about nuclear bomb cars testing on Russia and some of those places. Maybe

they used such a strong weapon to just dissapear it. It is interesting to know how it vanished but even more how did they recreated it in such an accurate way