Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hospital Removes Eel From A Man's Bottom

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

A man sought emergency treatment at hospital in Auckland this week with an eel stuck up his bottom.

The unnamed individual presented himself at the A&E department at Auckland City Hospital to explain his embarrassing problem.

Bet he was one embarrassed guy... :D

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Wolf-eel.jpg
  • Like 4

...Wonder what his reason was for how it managed to get up there in the first place D:

• Like 1

When the moon hits your eye,

Like an Eel near your thighs,

That's A Moray :D

viper%20moray.jpg

BL**DY BRILLIANT!!

• Like 4

When the moon hits your eye,

Like an Eel near your thighs,

That's A Moray :D

viper%20moray.jpg

That's got to be the post of the year!

• Like 5

I worked as an x-ray technologist for a few years. It was AMAZING the kinds of foreign bodies you would see either in stomachs or rectums. It was funny sometimes but usually just gross.

• Like 1

Just look at the teeth on that eel! Why in heaven's name would anyone let something like that near their rear end, let alone...oh never mind *shudder*.

I've got it! Perhaps he was a fan of Motley Crue and thought it was "Dr. Eelgood"?

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 6

Just look at the teeth on that eel! Why in heaven's name would anyone let something like that near their rear end, let alone...oh never mind *shudder*.

I've got it! Perhaps he was a fan of Motley Crue and thought it was "Dr. Eelgood"?

It wasn't a moray he had up his Kaiser pass , it was only a little short / long fin ell from NZ , either way not a good prospect !!

Maybe he was listening to to much Bon Jovi and thought it was " Blaze of Moray "? Oh crap wrong eel again :td:

TiP.

• Like 1

O.o what the eel was he thinking? Stuck in a net., on your line., maybe even a crab pot., butt.,..

• Like 2

Guess that takes some of the pressure (no pun intended) off gerbils..

• Like 4

there are two main types of eel found in New Zealand - the shortfin and the longfin.

Hopefully for the guys sake it was the shortfin . :w00t:

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

The article states these eels hunt by smell rather than sight...

Maybe the poor 'unnamed individual' just went for a swim, farted at the wrong time, and the eel thought... "ohhh - dinner".

Hey, it could happen!!!

• Like 2

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly"

Maybe he stuck the eel up there to kill the gerbil.

Just sayin

• Like 3

The article states these eels hunt by smell rather than sight...

Maybe the poor 'unnamed individual' just went for a swim, farted at the wrong time, and the eel thought... "ohhh - dinner".

Hey, it could happen!!!

I don't know much about eels, but surely they don't typically enter tight crevasses??

I can just imagine that eel's thoughts....... Man is it ever tight in here!... *squirm, grunt*... but I'm sure... if I... *grunt* just manage a little farther... *grunt*.... this tunnel will open up and I can breathe again!

Edited by Lady Kasey
  • Like 5

The eel is now on anti depressants and has commented that he is not sure how he ended up with a human on his head. Film at eleven...

• Like 6

actually I am not sure that I WANT to know how the incident happened and how the eel got to where it was. I am sure it was very traumatic for the poor thing.

• Like 1

The eel is now on anti depressants and has commented that he is not sure how he ended up with a human on his head. Film at eleven...

I missed the news report (lol) but I am not surprised he did not want to be identified.

Edited by minera
  • Like 2

I bet the emergency staff are still laughing hysterically about this incident. I feel sorry for the poor eel.

• Like 2

More from the article...

"Eels migrate up streams as elvers to find suitable adult habitat."...

Well, the eel sure did find an 'Adult Habitat'

And how about.. "Eels are secretive, nocturnal and prefer habitats with plenty of cover."

Let's see... Rectums:

Secretive? *TICK*,

Nocturnal? (Well, it sure is dark) *TICK*

Plenty of cover? *TICK*

So rectums really do tick all the boxes for eels, don't they?

I'm surprised they don't have to remove more of the little 'buggars' :blush:

• Like 2