Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Backwards Earth?

Undeadskeptic

Backwards Earth Time theory

A strange theory I have heard a lot recently is that Earth exists within a time zone that goes forward for half it's life, then reverts to it's original state. I'm unsure as to what the science is behind this, but Earth is supposedly an amalgamation of all life forms and elements that exist in sync as a whole organsim. This is the Gaia theory, the theory that Earth is alive.

According to an offshoot of this theory, the Earth, just like any living creature will slowly break down over time. Imagine an old lady, getting wrinklier and wrinklier, until she's as defensless and incapable as her baby-self. So the Earth will do this too, slowly disconnecting it's ecological links with the species. Intelligent life was the latest to develop, so will disintergrate fastest. Single Celled organsims develop0ed in the primordial ooze before all else and will disappear last.

As Earth returns to it's child state it's links with the species will diminish, forcing them to adapt accordingly. This (Somehow) means that Dinosaurs will emerge again.

I have a friend who is simply obsessed with this idea. She can stick on the subject for hours if you had nothing better to do. She says that the animals and lifeforms we find on earth are basically sex organs, and that Earth is asexual. When life is in space that will be like a seed being sowed, and life will sprout elswhere in the universe. Due to the relatively early era of space travel that we are in currently, she estimates that humans causing life on other planets is a good few centuries away, so the backwards aging of Earth will not occur for a while yet.

However I have also heard a lesser theory, supported, it seems, only be the most negative pessimists, that we developed Space travel too late and that Earth is already dying. The back-growing will occur in 2012 according to them.

Personally I find this all to be BS.

Earth is a rock, floating through space. It's not some old guy sitting on a rocking chair, slowly losing his eyesight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyB

• marsapien

• OldTimeRadio

• Emma_Acid

I'm familiar with the Gaia theory, however I have never heard about this degeneration aspect of it. Frankly, I cannot imagine how it would happen, why it would happen, or how it would be predicted even if it did happen. I call BS.

WTF!? This is a stupid theory and seems like someone was using the "peace pipe" for too long =/

Seriously, earth reverting to a stage before??? The amount of things I am thinking and feeling I can not express here in this post >_<

Well that's one hell of an idea...

but hey, If this is possible to imagine then it is possible...

I hope this degeneration of earth would start some other time not while I'm still a kid

I have to admit, I've often wondered If the earth is essentially like a cell, with the life and death cycle of plants and animals keeping it alive in some way and also looking at the fact that over the years humans have spread around the earth like bacteria, we've been destroying the planet but animals have been replenishing it. Yeah, crazy theory and I have no scientific evidence to use to back it up, but it was just a thought. lol.

humans have spread around the earth like bacteria, we've been destroying the planet

So the matrix was right! We are parasites!!

I often ponder upon these very such thoughts and ideas myself; some ideas are just way to bizarre of concepts, and so goes the Mind of a Thinker outside of the Box in constant Working, here is the one I was ponde4ring upon today.

I was pondering somewhat upon these same lines today while driving the country side in the car, an overcast clouding day it was, what came to mind was thought of a new Cloud formation, it is said never before seen, but I am really wondering if that rings true, so what if the Poles shift, disrupting Deep Ocean Currents and Temperate climes. What is the Horrible this predicted in the vision of the ancients came not just true, the Demonic Winged Horrors dipping down in flight grotesquely turning in mid flight and returning to the hideous yet beautiful cloud formations, what if those demons where here many many centuries ago because the Earth was taking into its atmosphere do to its weekend Ozone far more solar radiation and with it the horrors of an unseen word, I mean the Earth and other plants mind you are in constant changing motions. What if the Earth is going through a change where the Horrors of Revelation come into existence?

Pavot

I think that the earth goes through planetary changes from time to time, don't know exactly why they are caused though, just the way the earth is I guess.

earth is kind of like a living thing if you pollute its air and water you can destroy it. It depends on the sun and organisms to sustain its atmosphere so things can live off its soil.

as in earths returning to it child state only if humans where non existence then the plants would grow wild the air will return to being clean and waters will be clear again, and for the dinosaurs they are extinct that **** will never happen

As above, so below.

What ever decay or bounty we gather in the spirit world we also find in the material. If we are polluting the Earth it is because we have already polluted our hearts and minds first.

In a way vast amounts of people are being geared to not meet their full intellectual potential. Schools do not really teach even though they could if they were designed to as they have for hundreds of years.

The decay began within us first then slowly spreads outward into the world until one day our whole Universe will not exist...even though we still will.

As within, so without.

I read your sub-title as "Are We Slowly Reverting To A Caravan State?"

Idiot!

Sorry, just a useless comment there.

The way we act towards each other, I'd swear we're still developing from the cavemen....

According to an offshoot of this theory, the Earth, just like any living creature will slowly break down over time. Imagine an old lady, getting wrinklier and wrinklier, until she's as defensless and incapable as her baby-self. So the Earth will do this too, slowly disconnecting it's ecological links with the species. Intelligent life was the latest to develop, so will disintergrate fastest. Single Celled organsims develop0ed in the primordial ooze before all else and will disappear last.

Hey! I knew I wasn't mad when I heard little voices coming from my toe infection! :lol:

I read your sub-title as "Are We Slowly Reverting To A Caravan State?"

Idiot!

Sorry, just a useless comment there.

I think some of us could evolve into caravans. It'd be quite useful during the summer holidays.

Maybe it's not the Earth, it's humanity that needs to back pedal some.

wow now im wondering what would happen if we just destroy earth? contaminate its water burn all the trees everything it needs it would still just be earth..funny thing tho earth would only heal itself right? regrow trees. i think we are the ones who are keepin it alive and well, when u think about it , it is like a big cell and everything in it is useful even the bad things. yet mostly were the ones who mess it up

were like parasites or something we mess it up, but dont want to mess it up enough to kill ourselves too

wow now im wondering what would happen if we just destroy earth? contaminate its water burn all the trees everything it needs it would still just be earth..funny thing tho earth would only heal itself right? regrow trees. i think we are the ones who are keepin it alive and well, when u think about it , it is like a big cell and everything in it is useful even the bad things. yet mostly were the ones who mess it up

were like parasites or something we mess it up, but dont want to mess it up enough to kill ourselves too

Hmm dunno, I suppose that may depend on how badly the earth was stripped of it's resources, I do think we as a race are capable of rendering this planet to a giant lifeless rock. It would depend on how deep the damage went.

But hopefully the planet would kick us off before it came to that...

I will second that Blondigiest

Tahkns

B???

I will be frank. That is a beautiful theory. There's some aspect of peace to it that I, admittedly, think would be absolutely awesome.

Alas. We shall never know.

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth. Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them. The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another. We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth. In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled. KennyB

I will be frank. That is a beautiful theory. There's some aspect of peace to it that I, admittedly, think would be absolutely awesome.

Alas. We shall never know.

that's exactly what i was thinking. glad i'm not the only one who thinks so.

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth.

How the hell can you say we're not???

Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them.

Yes. The more farmland is farmed, the more nutrients and minerals it loses. Over-farming can lead to drastic famine.

The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another.

This is one of the most naive comments I've ever read on this website. Naive, uneducated attitudes like yours are dangerous.

We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth.

And it gets worse.

Mining is one of the most polluting industries there is. Arsenic and other dangerous chemicals and heavy metals are siphoned off and run into rivers, which go downstream and ruin farmland and trees either side of the water. The clean up cost of mining in America runs into billions of dollars, and has left vast tracts of ruined land.

In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled. KennyB

Oh. Dear. I seriously hope you are never in a position of authority or power. Ever.

I've heard all this idiotic **** before. How can you say we're damaging the Earth. Is a farmer damaging his fields to grow and harvest crops on them. The only thing we do to the Earth is move stuff from one place to another. We mine iron ore, we build a ship, eventually, the ship rusts away. The iron is returned to the Earth. In the entire history of mankind, the only part of the Earth we've destroyed is the space rockets we've sent out of the solar system. Everything else is recycled. KennyB

Be thankful Emma got here before I did.

I posted a reply but it didn't take. I'll try again. So you didn't like my remarks about the Earth, huh? Why do you hate the human race so much? Do you think we should shut down all the mines, stop cutting timber, quit farming, close all the factories and let the pore lil' mistreated chunk of rockcalled Earth return to it's pristine state? You realize, of course, that would mean the end of the human race, including you and your families? I wish each of you would take a walking trip deep into any Nationial Forest with absolutely no supplies and try to live completely 'off the land' for one week. I'll guarantee you'll change your mind, if you survived it. KennyB